Quote Originally Posted by Michael000 View Post
    Not seen much on Skeer's so curious WF 0/2 Skeers or H-TF 2/2 Feather? Feather is reforged into haste but the hit is being used to get to hit cap.

Have a normal Thok's and curious what i should pair w/ it since fking galakras only gives me shoulders w/ my coins.
    Feather, absolutely.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

So I do see on the forums the rotation for DP when using T16 4pc set. What is the correct rotation when using SW with T16 4pc. Do we just ignore that proc on single target fights /and or just use if we have time in between everything else? I checked a couple of pages ago same question was asked but I did not see a response.

I assume it's pretty low priority but probably above Exo. At least that's how I've been using it.

Have one quick question, i have the galakras tinket double upgraded, so when i use AW and GoAK, AW comes back up like ~40 seconds before GoAK, so my question is, should i use the AW before GoaK comes back up the first time, then wait the extra 40 seconds after GoAK comes back up to use AW again, or just wait until they both line up everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by will32 View Post
    So I do see on the forums the rotation for DP when using T16 4pc set. What is the correct rotation when using SW with T16 4pc. Do we just ignore that proc on single target fights /and or just use if we have time in between everything else? I checked a couple of pages ago same question was asked but I did not see a response.
    I believe it is:

Single Target SW
    Inq > ES > 5HP T16 Free DS > 5HP TV > HoW > T16 Free DS > CS > Judge > Exo > 3-4HP TV
    Last edited by Ruil; 2013-10-04 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKlomp View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if I'mright about the spell usage in the OP :

Inq>ES>TV/DS5>DP(< 2sec)>4PC(if dp not up)>HoW>CS>J>DP>Exo.

Let's say I'm at 5HP with DP up and 4PC, single target wise should I TV first for DP then burn the 4PC ?
    If you end up at 5 HP with the above rotation, you're doing something wrong in that rotation. DP and 4P both only trigger from finishers, which means you either got extremely lucky with your CD clashes or you made a misake with your earlier uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WtfMike View Post
    Have one quick question, i have the galakras tinket double upgraded, so when i use AW and GoAK, AW comes back up like ~40 seconds before GoAK, so my question is, should i use the AW before GoaK comes back up the first time, then wait the extra 40 seconds after GoAK comes back up to use AW again, or just wait until they both line up everytime.
    I'm struggling to weigh this trinket as well, I got it since I was the only one in raid who could use it and it's..causing me massive headaches on the cooldown of AW.

If anyone can give some of their 2 cents on the matter please go for it. I would GUESS if the fight length alters matters quite drastically but....
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    If you end up at 5 HP with the above rotation, you're doing something wrong in that rotation. DP and 4P both only trigger from finishers, which means you either got extremely lucky with your CD clashes or you made a misake with your earlier uses.
    I fail to see how ending up at 5 HP with that rotation means something wrong is being done. J>Exo>CS>Inq on the pull and you don't get any procs. Follow this with CS>J>Exo(AoW)>CS>J and you are now at 5 HP without messing anything up.

In addition if you get to 5 HP and then have your finisher proc both DP and 4 set t16, you would use the 4 set DS and then follow that with CS, J, and then use the DP proc leaving you with 4 holy power. You would go back to 5 HP after using the proc because CS would be up.

If I completely missed something please let me know.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakydiki View Post
    Sim with 2 targets.
    I've sim'd with 2 targets still getting the same results Crit is showing up as more value them mastery right now in ever sim I've done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I'm struggling to weigh this trinket as well, I got it since I was the only one in raid who could use it and it's..causing me massive headaches on the cooldown of AW.

If anyone can give some of their 2 cents on the matter please go for it. I would GUESS if the fight length alters matters quite drastically but....
    I'm not sure I understand this. AW comes back off cooldown before George (what the rest of you call GotAK) regardless of trinkets and the cooldowns are still in the ratio 2:3. The Galakras trinket just means you can use each one more often and you can still use AW+George every third AW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael000 View Post
    Not seen much on Skeer's so curious WF 0/2 Skeers or H-TF 2/2 Feather? Feather is reforged into haste but the hit is being used to get to hit cap.

Have a normal Thok's and curious what i should pair w/ it since fking galakras only gives me shoulders w/ my coins.
    I'll try to do some math on it later today, perhaps run a sim or two. It might be worth it if you can gain the hit somewhere else, for example if you're gemming primary stats or ignoring sockets due to Feather giving you too much hit. Could you give me some info on your gemming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this. AW comes back off cooldown before George (what the rest of you call GotAK) regardless of trinkets and the cooldowns are still in the ratio 2:3. The Galakras trinket just means you can use each one more often and you can still use AW+George every third AW.
    This. Macro your Wings+GoAK into the same button, press it on cooldown. Eventually there will be a point where they both line up with maybe 5-10 seconds of wait time due to not using Wings instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    This. Macro your Wings+GoAK into the same button, press it on cooldown. Eventually there will be a point where they both line up with maybe 5-10 seconds of wait time due to not using Wings instantly.
    You can't do this for every fight. It depends majorly on fight length, because if you wait like this you could lose the synergy of having both up together without gaining an extra use depending on when the fight ends. Use http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-...6/#post2332380 to determine how you should use your CDs with CDR trinket. Granted it doesn't cover every possible fight length, but the idea remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Basically if you find yourself using an ability at the same time as 4set procs, you'll see a dps increase because 4set proc is more "reactive" so to speak.

Prehotfix, DP would instantly show up if it procced, but 4set would take a couple of milliseconds (up to a whole second in some cases)

Now you'll be able to use that 4set DS and not risk wasting a proc, hence dps increase.

I laughed, last night on TS we talked about DS needing a buff cause hurr durr spin to win x]
    Honestly don't think another scaling increase in SoL would be out of place.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    You can't do this for every fight. It depends majorly on fight length, because if you wait like this you could lose the synergy of having both up together without gaining an extra use depending on when the fight ends. Use http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-...6/#post2332380 to determine how you should use your CDs with CDR trinket. Granted it doesn't cover every possible fight length, but the idea remains the same.
    Obviously! Good thing you linked though, people will probably find some food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Sorry yes that's what I meant about the fight length issue, but had no data to back it up, should have outlined that part more solidly instead of being tentative, (I'm just getting back into retribution as my focused spec after 3 years solid of holy play) Thanks this helps quite a bit.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

don't know if serious
    Ret single target is behind just about every spec and the specs we're comparable with single target have other specs that will outdo our single target, I don't mind being ~10k dps behind sub rogues but when it's 80k it's just fucking wrong...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

If it's a single target issue, they could just buff CS/TV. In dream land, they'd just bake the T15 4P into the spec as a baseline passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Ret single target is behind just about every spec and the specs we're comparable with single target have other specs that will outdo our single target, I don't mind being ~10k dps behind sub rogues but when it's 80k it's just fucking wrong...

You are incorrect, please stop posting this kind of stuff.

Behind every spec? 80 behind sub rogues? Are we playing the same game?
    Obviously not.

Hey killmour sup Dakeshi, up for a Ret 3 way tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm too lazy to check as compared to every spec, and in general sub is the lowest of all rogue specs, but doing a quick raidbots check, in 25n and 25h, sub rogues are head of ret on one fight, heroic Iron Juggernaut, and it's by 20k. If you're 80k behind a sub rogue, you're doing something wrong.