Please tell me I am not going to have to start PvP'ing for the holy 4 set. Visions of the tier 10 (or whichever tier it was to give us the additional Guardian uptime) cornball DPS coming to mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan1 View Post
    Please tell me I am not going to have to start PvP'ing for the holy 4 set. Visions of the tier 10 (or whichever tier it was to give us the additional Guardian uptime) cornball DPS coming to mind.
    The pvp set crafted from BS has the same bonus,get that and you dont have to pvp at all.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    The pvp set crafted from BS has the same bonus,get that and you dont have to pvp at all.
    <3 <3 <3 <3. That I can deal with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    The last posts here weren't talking about the stats, just the ability to line it up with ES. And the only way that feather really got nerfed was through the entire RPPM change with how it is (or now isn't) affected by haste. Beyond that the proc is half as long, but procs twice as often on average, so it's a wash over the course of a fight. And you cannot say with any real amount of certainty that spark is easier to time just because you can see what stacks you have, because you have no control over or way to predict when you will get any more stacks. Neither is easier to line up than the other, because RNG completely controls whether any RPPM will be up at anytime. There's nothing you can do about it.
    You serious lol. You're really going there? Try to put it on, on live, and you'll see just how easy and predictable it is vs. "Is feather up? Nope, okay..... Is it up? Nope.. Fuck it I'll just use ES" and then you waited 10 seconds for nothing. Any raider will just some logical sense would realise Spark is probably easier to line up with ES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    You serious lol. You're really going there? Try to put it on, on live, and you'll see just how easy and predictable it is vs. "Is feather up? Nope, okay..... Is it up? Nope.. Fuck it I'll just use ES" and then you waited 10 seconds for nothing. Any raider will just some logical sense would realise Spark is probably easier to line up with ES.
    I had spark with my feather for quite awhile before I got the cdr trinket. There were plenty of times I would have had to wait too long to line ES up with spark's proc, and times where I was at 8 or 9 stacks and ended up waiting too long still because I got bad RNG. What you don't seem to understand is that RNG is RNG, spark is just as random as feather in the end (overall, since each individual spark stack doesn't matter for ES). The actual spark proc and feather's proc have roughly the same RPPM, so you have roughly the same chance on average of lining one up with ES as you do the other. You can say all you want about what you may have experienced, or trying to tell me what I have or will, but individual experiences (see: anecdotal evidence) don't really matter when comparing things. Averages do. On average, feather and spark are about the same in terms of ease of lining up with ES.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Holy crap all this going around about old trinket is gonna make my head pop.
    I'm not arguing about the trinket really, just the logic behind it. There is a difference! =P
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Deleted
    You're so full of it it hurts lol.

1 charge that stacks each 5-6 seconds on avg. vs. a trinket that procs once a minute. I see what you did there. "RNG". Atleast I know I'm not the only one in here knowing that Spark is easier, that will do for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    Think I'm going to have to agree with Anaxie here. Any day you could get the T16 trinket to replace spark/feather/whatever else you're using and this is all academic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Think I'm going to have to agree with Anaxie here. Any day you could get the T16 trinket to replace spark/feather/whatever else you're using and this is all academic.
    Sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say? I never said Feather or Spark beats T16 trinkets. I haven't even used any of those 2 since week 1 of SoO. I even suggested that you should replace Feather with the trinket from Paragons.

??

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Holy crap all this going around about old trinket is gonna make my head pop.
    Ye was waiting for you to say that, I've just ignored all *old* trinket discussion... so pointless.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    It's not pointless when people come here looking for information. We have had several new people come here for advice on when to replace Feather, or if they can use Spark, and when people give them a wrong answer, it hurts the community. Feather is better when you can use the hit, if not, equip Spark. Replace them all with T16 trinkets, perhaps with the cleave trinket being an exception since it is not really needed on any fight except for meterpadding here and there (untill you get Thok/CDR combo). It's that simple, people just have to stop spreading false shit to people looking for help.

And ofcause Spark is easier to keep track of, you're litterally retarded if you can't see that. But ES is so little of our damage anyway, it doesn't matter in the long run.

This whole "Feather blows Spark out of the water" shit has to go, it is outdated and not true.
    Last edited by mmoc03c02d4648; 2013-10-18 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're equating "easier to see when it might proc" with "it proccing when ES comes off cd". The two aren't the same and you can't use one to justify the other, since you don't decide when you get your third, sixth, eighth, or any stack of spark, just like you don't decide when feather procs. And we aren't saying anything along the lines of "feather blows spark out of the water" here, or anything remotely related to it. All I'm saying is the two are likely to proc at about the same time on average.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    The pvp set crafted from BS has the same bonus
    Add spirit gems, enchants, and reforges and watch your mana regen soar. Easy to hover at 5hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    You're equating "easier to see when it might proc" with "it proccing when ES comes off cd". The two aren't the same and you can't use one to justify the other, since you don't decide when you get your third, sixth, eighth, or any stack of spark, just like you don't decide when feather procs. And we aren't saying anything along the lines of "feather blows spark out of the water" here, or anything remotely related to it. All I'm saying is the two are likely to proc at about the same time on average.
    Think he refers to playing WITH trinkets instead of being played BY them. Any non-idiotic person will instantly see this in practice. Unless you're a blind rat/mole facerolling your keyboard by looking at what clcret tells you to do of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm saying is that overall both strength procs have about the same RPPM so they have about the same chance of being up in time for ES. Can you plan a little more effectively with spark than feather? Sure. Doesn't mean anything will come of it. I remember someone posting some formula earlier in this thread regarding how long you can delay ES for procs before it's a dps loss. I've still had spark's proc fall outside of that window before even when it was at 8 or 9 stacks when ES came off cd. Don't know why everyone's flying off the handle. Literally all I've been saying is that since they have comparable RPPM rates, they have comparable chances to be up in time for ES. We can argue semantics forever, but the numbers are the numbers. I didn't make them, I'm just pointing out that they're pretty close.

And for the record, I've never used clcret or any crap like that. I get by more than fine watching all my procs and shit myself.

What's not compareable is HASTE vs HIT and ways to "reliably" plan your shit around Spark which you can't do with pure RPPM proc trinkets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    What's not compareable is HASTE vs HIT and ways to "reliably" plan your shit around Spark which you can't do with pure RPPM proc trinkets at all.
    Oh please like hit even matters after you have a few SoO pieaces. Fuck I'm forging into hit WITH feather atm.
    Goddamn bubble bracers don't exist. < or wpn/trinkets D: >

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the bracers and tier gloves but im still using the vast majority of feather's hit = /

I'd still rather get thok's and have to worry about getting more hit somewhere else though than keep my stupid NORMAL feather =.=

Quote Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
    There is, at least in clcinfo r296 and 297:

So I think Im doing it wrong. Whats the priority you have set for that version of Clcinfo? (using 4piece of course)

inq ds_4t16_5hp tv5 tvdp_2s how ds_4t16_aw tvaw cs j ds_4t16 exo tvdp tv3

I do not strictly follow clcInfo, it's more like a rough guidance in the heat of the fight for me. Especially ES timing is on my own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
    inq ds_4t16_5hp tv5 tvdp_2s how ds_4t16_aw tvaw cs j ds_4t16 exo tvdp tv3

I do not strictly follow clcInfo, it's more like a rough guidance in the heat of the fight for me. Especially ES timing is on my own.
    when I try to paste that, they turn into this: inq ds_4t16_5hp tv5 how tvaw cs j ds_4t16 exo tvdp tv3

:S

Downloaded latest version like 3 mins ago.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-10-19 at 02:38 PM.