Anybody else see a pretty significant delay in the t16 4p proc? Typically the proc shows up at the end of a gcd, especially when it is proc'ing off itself. This is compounded during lust.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Our hunters walk up the lip of the pipe and then disengage up on the belt. They don't get the debuff from the pipe so they go up every time. We usually send up a rogue or a monk to help them.

Yeah. It does delay a little bit.

Was wondering if its worth it to break 4pc t15 for 3pc heroic t16.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Depends on what mode your T15 pieces are in. If they're LFR/Normal(Not upgraded) it's most likely worth it.

If you have any offpieces combined with 3pcT16 then it's worth it (Assuming its not T15 HC upgraded pieces)
    Yea all the t15 pieces are heoic but atm the only offpieces i have available for legs/shoulders are both flex items

You didn't manage to pick up a 4th flex or normal piece? I'd probably shoot for that before replacing your heroic 4pc t15. But it's a hard choice. You could sim it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaglordyolo View Post
    Was wondering if its worth it to break 4pc t15 for 3pc heroic t16.
    Two weeks ago, I replaced my t15 4pc (all 530) with three pieces of t16 (all 561) and non set hands (561). Both simcraft and live testing showed roughly the same dps numbers on single target fights, but a considerable increase in cleave / aoe situations. So I guess it is worth breaking your t15 4pc if you can get at least t16 2pc and two off pieces of the same raid difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by p0mmeluff View Post
    Two weeks ago, I replaced my t15 4pc (all 530) with three pieces of t16 (all 561) and non set hands (561). Both simcraft and live testing showed roughly the same dps numbers on single target fights, but a considerable increase in cleave / aoe situations. So I guess it is worth breaking your t15 4pc if you can get at least t16 2pc and two off pieces of the same raid difficulty.
    Except his t15 are all heroic, and he said he didnt have 561 offsets.

I'd prob keep the t15 til you get another piece of t16 to finish that 4pc.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Deleted
    its a shame so many people are showing that Skeer's isnt actually that good. its so much fun to use with the massive crit buff if you stack it with ES when its maxed out. currently im using 528 eye and 540 skeers (loot gods given me everything except trinkets in normal this tier .)

is there any mathmatical proof for the 40% haste cap? ive been looking at alot of high end raiding rets and they all seem to be 42.8% haste is this coincidence? also what is the reason for the "haste cap" i used to assume it was related to HoW with SW talent and Bloodlust/heroism because it would cap you out the GCD spamming HoW but due to the "superior talent choice" being Divine Purpose with T16-4 Piece (atleast thats what ive switched to now) i dont see why a haste cap exists?

all in all i like to understand why im doing things with my gear so i can assess my performance/dps/potential in certain situations. I dont just like following whats been said in guides or threads without solid information/sims/math backing it up.

cheers,
    Vanadam

Quote Originally Posted by Vanadam View Post
    its a shame so many people are showing that Skeer's isnt actually that good. its so much fun to use with the massive crit buff if you stack it with ES when its maxed out. currently im using 528 eye and 540 skeers (loot gods given me everything except trinkets in normal this tier .)

is there any mathmatical proof for the 40% haste cap? ive been looking at alot of high end raiding rets and they all seem to be 42.8% haste is this coincidence? also what is the reason for the "haste cap" i used to assume it was related to HoW with SW talent and Bloodlust/heroism because it would cap you out the GCD spamming HoW but due to the "superior talent choice" being Divine Purpose with T16-4 Piece (atleast thats what ive switched to now) i dont see why a haste cap exists?

all in all i like to understand why im doing things with my gear so i can assess my performance/dps/potential in certain situations. I dont just like following whats been said in guides or threads without solid information/sims/math backing it up.

cheers,
    Vanadam
    DP is better than SW now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanadam View Post

cheers,
    Vanadam
    DP isn't really the go to choice. And Skeer's is pretty bad, even if bug numbers are fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    SW wins for single target damage still. DP for aoe only.

Skeer's is better than its reputation.

Burst damage is quite sick and the normal version sims a bit better than Evil Eye of Galakras (Flex). My raidtestings show the same, so it's not a bad trinket at all when you're upgrading from ToT hc or don't have both Thoks and Galakras' ones.

Deleted
    Hey there guys, one of my first times posting here although I have been following the thread for quite a while. I have a quick question. I currently have a Warforged Remnar's Ruinous Girdle with 2/2 upgrade (567 ilevel) but last night I looted a normal non-warforged Demolisher's Reinforced Belt. Now the Demolisher's is listed as BiS, but it's a raw strength decrease and I'm currently using the hit on it (it has hit and haste as its stats.) I'm a tad over the hit cap at the moment, but if I remove the belt I go under it. Any suggestions? Is the Demolisher's belt still BiS even when 14 ilevels behind my other belt?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Zathios View Post
    Hey there guys, one of my first times posting here although I have been following the thread for quite a while. I have a quick question. I currently have a Warforged Remnar's Ruinous Girdle with 2/2 upgrade (567 ilevel) but last night I looted a normal non-warforged Demolisher's Reinforced Belt. Now the Demolisher's is listed as BiS, but it's a raw strength decrease and I'm currently using the hit on it (it has hit and haste as its stats.) I'm a tad over the hit cap at the moment, but if I remove the belt I go under it. Any suggestions? Is the Demolisher's belt still BiS even when 14 ilevels behind my other belt?

Thanks in advance!
    The BiS list was compromised in conjunction with other pieces, surely you might find another belt to hold you over until you find the Demolishers piece fits well with the rest of your gear. The list was made to put you slightly under hit/exp caps while also optimizing
    Haste/mastery.
    Hang onto Demolishers belt until you find another upgrade that eliminates your current belts stats. But considering its war forged and already 2/2 you might want to start looking forward to the heroic version.

Edit: just because its listed as BiS doesn't mean it's bis for you (at this time). You need to take what you can get and make it work, while you slowly carve out the BiS. Choose the pieces best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathios View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Just adding to what Mashanu said, the BiS list is really refers to heroic gear more than normal. If you can get that set in a normal setting you will still have to tweek it a bit to hit the hit/exp caps because the stats just aren't there. Keep in mind that the BiS list is a "dream" list of sorts, it will be difficult to get everything on that list even after raiding heroic for a while. So, basically use what's best for you at the time. This will require some simming and playing around to hit the caps (for instance using lightning gems in blue slots to help with hit and wicked and keen in red slots to help with exp). You may still find yourself in the unfortunate spots of either a) not being able to reforge away all you excess hit/exp or b) having to reforge into hit/exp.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
    Skeer's is better than its reputation.

... and the normal version sims a bit better than Evil Eye of Galakras (Flex)....
    I had the Skeer's normal for one ID and it simmed worse than any of the 3 ToT HC 543 Trinkets in my gear in SimC 540-3.
    That's why I asked. I didn't know if SimC was correct. Switching back a few pages, there's the comparison and Skeer's
    normal shows behind Galakras Flex, thats pretty much what I was feeling while testing it.

The Wings reduction of galakras even in flex (35%) is just too huge of a buff to be ignored, my point.

I know it's probably been said, but 4pc T16 is really depressing. I sim 9k DPS higher with 4pcT15 with a 522 glove than I do with 4pcT16 with LFR Pants to get the 4pc....

I guess the benefit is there from AOE fights which there are more of than anything SoO - still underwhelming though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Darot/advanced
    Last edited by MarshallX; 2013-10-24 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post
    I know it's probably been said, but 4pc T16 is really depressing. I sim 9k DPS higher with 4pcT15 with a 522 glove than I do with 4pcT16 with LFR Pants to get the 4pc....

I guess the benefit is there from AOE fights which there are more of than anything SoO - still underwhelming though.

While I can't necessarily speak to your sim results, there's no reason you should be gemming exp/haste gems past the exp cap, and you can work your reforges/enchants around to actually be at hit cap. I'm also not sure why you have glyph of battle healer instead of something like TV. Just general thoughts. Your sims might show something different if you fix you caps, though I don't know that it'd be anywhere near a 9k difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    While I can't necessarily speak to your sim results, there's no reason you should be gemming exp/haste gems past the exp cap, and you can work your reforges/enchants around to actually be at hit cap. I'm also not sure why you have glyph of battle healer instead of something like TV. Just general thoughts. Your sims might show something different if you fix you caps, though I don't know that it'd be anywhere near a 9k difference.
    Looks like you caught me mid-regearing and in tank spec from LFR :P
    Last edited by MarshallX; 2013-10-24 at 06:49 PM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post

Last week I was wondering the same thing. I thought of swapping to T15 for single target fights and T16 for multitarget but it turns out the 4pc bonus and the amount of stats on T16 gear outweigh the 4pc bonus TV damage of T15, even on single target fights.

Please don't hate me for not simming this, but I simply compared my logs on IJ, Malk, and siegebreaker. (My only difference in these logs was a 10 second shorter fight and went from 4pc Heroic t15 to 3pc normal and 1 pc heroic t16)

I came to the conclusion that t16 4pc should be used on single target fights UNLESS you have 4pc HEROIC t15 and NO ACCESS to Normal modes or higher t16. And obviously divine storm should only be used when it procs (Divine Crusader / 50% more damage) the proc makes it worth using on 1 target, it's essentially a free 120k+ damage ability, which should fill that spot where you might have everything on cool down.

From a lot of personal testing I came up with this: (for single target fights)
    H t16 > N t16 > H t15 > Flex t16 > N t15 > RF t16