Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Either offset the shoulders from Protectors (2blue sockets + haste and mastery as base stats) or the Garrosh legs (3 sockets, 2 blue 1 red iirc + haste and mastery as base stats)
    Because we'll have Protectors and Paragons dead before Garrosh you might as well run with the shoulders offset and run with tier legs until you get the HC garrosh legs.
    The difference is really small though.
    So u mean normal garrosh legs is in same situation as hc shoulders and willful dooms? doesnt seem right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathimis View Post
    You will need to make a modification to CLCret to get it to support the correct rotation:
    1) Download the alpha CLCinfo
    2) Go to the retribution folder of the CLCinfo file that you downloaded and copy the "rotation.lua" file
    3) Paste this file into your CLCret addon folder and overwrite the current one
    4) You now have the ability to use the ds_4t16_aw rotational ability
    Which version did you use? Imported the latest version, as far as I can tell, and it doesn't add that code.

Quote Originally Posted by konne View Post
    So u mean normal garrosh legs is in same situation as hc shoulders and willful dooms? doesnt seem right
    My situation (12/14hc)
    Not access to HC tier legs or HC offset legs.
    Got access to HC (have HC + WF) offset shoulders and normal tier legs.

Because the offset shoulders are interchangeable with the offset legs you should use the things that come first.
    If you go for legs offset you have to wait until you got garrosh dead (boss 14) and Blackfuse dead (boss 12)
    If you go for shoulders offset you have to wait until you got Protectors down (boss 2) and Paragons down (boss 13)
    The difference is super small but everyone will have access to the shoulders offset combination much earlier than the legs.
    If you're lucky enough to have 5/5 hc tier in your bags but you have HC + WF shoulders and only normal offset legs you'll go with the higher item level (being shoulders) because you most likely had many more kills of that.

BiS Legs HC + WF wins over Shoulders HC + WF but the difference isn't much to talk about, just use the combination that gives you the highest ilvl assuming the two choices have the same base stats (haste + mastery in this case)
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Which version did you use? Imported the latest version, as far as I can tell, and it doesn't add that code.
    My bad, I thought I included the link, its: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/clc...iles/589-r297/

This is the alpha version of CLCinfo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Go post on the official forums about expanding class/race combos and watch people's heads explode. Fucking lore nerds act like it's a damn game breaker. Can you imagine getting a mini lust with every kings (although gala trink fucks up the timing).
    Honestly? I would flip a lid if Forsaken got Paladins. As well as most other races, period.

I think expanding class/race combos are fine, as long as it works, is sensical, and organic.

Paladin, Druids, and Shamans however, are fine being "highly" exclusive.

On the topic of CLCInfo, someone should remake that thread and upkeep it.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

easy to say. Atleast shamans get all the quality races. Druids too mostly.

Paladins? Big shaft.

Blizzard isn't stupid look at the Goblin , Worgen, and Panda Racial kits. All relatively new. Hell forsaken kit is pretty much brand new.

They know how to make half decent racials. Taurens and Elves need gutted bigtime now.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-06 at 07:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    easy to say. Atleast shamans get all the quality races. Druids too mostly.

Paladins? Big shaft.

Blizzard isn't stupid look at the Goblin , Worgen, and Panda Racial kits.

They know how to make half decent racials. Taurens and Elves need gutted bigtime now.
    Psht. We're fine as is.

Remove racials (RIP everyman) and we'll end up being fine. Immersion still matters on a certain level. Lord knows I did love being a Cow Paladin but Warstomp was only so meh to handle.

I just can't wait to be human and not look like an utter piece of shit. New models next week please.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Psht. We're fine as is.

Remove racials (RIP everyman) and we'll end up being fine. Immersion still matters on a certain level. Lord knows I did love being a Cow Paladin but Warstomp was only so meh to handle.

I just can't wait to be human and not look like an utter piece of shit. New models next week please.
    its not like it's a hard concept though

Give the race An active use DPS or PvP type ability.

Depending on your active you get a 1% racial to a Combat rating

niche things like -1% arcane -1% Nature is fucking retarded while stuff like Nightelves get is actually fairly potent.

Even worse is when some classes have like 4 racials and you have three. Not just 3 but their pretty shit =1% arcane +10 enchant. slow down tiger.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that it's not hard, it's just at what point is it simply not worth it and more beneficial to the game to have people just choose for looks rather than an added spell/bonus.

I mean it's just been so far long gone and neglected. I'd much rather have racials that have no direct gameplay value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    I get the really bad feeling that we'll see one of the following:

1) Holy Pallies using an odd Strength to SP scaling so that Int Plate can be removed from the game, with current Int/Spirit pieces being swapped to Str/Haste/Mastery. They could do something along the lines of making Haste or Mastery increase combat regen. This wouldn't be bad for the Rets out there who OS Holy, as Prot is already fairly painless for a swap.

2) Another plate class is introduced that uses Int Plate exclusively. Holy Pallies everywhere shed many tears.

As for Ret, still feeling that Seal of Truth/Righteousness change how abilities work instead of adding passive damage. Truth gives CS, Judge, Exo (with DoT), TV. Right gives HotR, Holy Wrath, Mass Exo, DStorm. Justice could probably give CS, Judge + Slow/Root, Exo, Holy TV. All three have Hammer of Wrath.
    I like your direction but your blatant lack of Consecration is concerning me.

Im still abit confused regarding gemming. i know i should gem keen until exp cap. but after exp cap?

Is mastery more damage per point than str?
    should i use JC mastery, haste or str gem?
    im feeling ok with my haste atm (16k) should i go full mastery or str then after exp cap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Im still abit confused regarding gemming. i know i should gem keen until exp cap. but after exp cap?

Is mastery more damage per point than str?
    should i use JC mastery, haste or str gem?
    im feeling ok with my haste atm (16k) should i go full mastery or str then after exp cap?
    Haste isn't spirit where you just get however much you feel fine with. If it's a dps increase, you take it.

That being said, stat weights are relative and you should sim it out.

Deleted
    1pt in strenght is more dps than 1pt in mastery or haste but 2pts in haste (or mastery after some stuff) is way better than 1pt in str and gems are 2x stats of primary gems so.... but if you read all the 268 pages of this thread you should be able to customize, dps, gem, reforge, enchant, sim, and perform just so perfectly that it will annoy you not to be first on recount xD

but as you're a JC 320str is way more dps than 480 secondary stats still and yes go mastery or str if your gameplay is enough with 16k haste! the better you play the more haste you need but encounter don't need that to be downed! it's like ES is the best choice to dps... but prism can be really usefull depending the people you play with or other talents/glyphs that are not supposed to raise you on recount

i promise you'll feel better when a boss is down than performing well on dps
    Last edited by mmocf84602ed46; 2013-11-06 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pgr View Post
    1pt in strenght is more dps than 1pt in mastery or haste but 2pts in haste (or mastery after some stuff) is way better than 1pt in str and gems are 2x stats of primary gems so.... but if you read all the 268 pages of this thread you should be able to customize, dps, gem, reforge, enchant, sim, and perform just so perfectly that it will annoy you not to be first on recount xD

but as you're a JC 320str is way more dps than 480 secondary stats still and yes go mastery or str if your gameplay is enough with 16k haste! the better you play the more haste you need but encounter don't need that to be downed! it's like ES is the best choice to dps... but prism can be really usefull depending the people you play with or other talents/glyphs that are not supposed to raise you on recount

i promise you'll feel better when a boss is down than performing well on dps
    This thread needs a "squish"

Deleted
    This thread needs a "squish"
    no, this is a game after all! are you always the best in your raid? because this game lasted long enough so you can be the first player by continuously searching perfection instead of useness! do you think method or paragon or whatever did the real max of their class?
    Last edited by mmocf84602ed46; 2013-11-06 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pgr View Post
    no, this is a game after all! are you always the best in your raid? because this game lasted long enough so you can be the first player by continuously searching perfection instead of useness! do you think method or paragon or whatever did the real max of their class?
    They absolutely min/max (which is the point of this thread), which is why they are all trolls or orcs. Do they whore meters on progression? No. But I would think every one of their players are capable of doing close to max and do when the situation is warranted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Honestly? I would flip a lid if Forsaken got Paladins. As well as most other races, period.

I think expanding class/race combos are fine, as long as it works, is sensical, and organic.

Paladin, Druids, and Shamans however, are fine being "highly" exclusive.

On the topic of CLCInfo, someone should remake that thread and upkeep it.
    The point isn't exactly what fits into lore, it's that some classes have OP racials. If removing racials altogether is the answer, I'm fine with that. If opening up race/class is the answer, I'm fine with that too.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, wait! Why are we supposed to stop at 40% haste? I always max my haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Whoa, wait! Why are we supposed to stop at 40% haste? I always max my haste.

Because with 40% haste and 4 set we are GCD locked.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-11-06 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Diminishing Returns, I assume.
    Haste has no DR. At least not in the traditional sense.

Krekko stealing my stuff! I'm being repressed!

Because with 40% haste and 4 set we are GCD locked.
    Does haste even affect that though?
    It should lower our GCD by the same ratio as it lowers the cooldowns of our abilities. It just makes the whole rotation faster but the percentage of empty GCDs stays roughly the same until 50 % haste.

As I see it, there are 2 main reasons for mastery pulling ahead.
    1. The more of a stat you have, the stronger it makes other stats. Basicly strength, mastery, crit and haste are all additive with itself, but multiplicative with each other.
    2. As you get closer to 50 % haste, more and more of it is wasted during temporary haste buffs (most importantly Hero/Bloodlust). Over 50 % haste only gives you faster autoattacks, but shorter cooldowns on abilities is no longer that useful as the GCD stays at 1 sec.

Since haste is getting weaker as you approach 50 % and mastery gets better, at some point it will overtake haste. Where exactly that point is depends on your overall gear as well as the length of the encounter (how big part of the fight are you fighting under Hero).

40 % is just a ballpark number someone picked which performs better than going all-out haste, that doesn't mean it's the optimal "cap" in all situations.

----------

As far as gemming goes, just Sim your gear and use AskMrRobot or similar tool with your statweights to calculate the best gems/reforges.

Yes, in most situations using common sense is good enough. Such as haste is our best stat, therefore at least half of each gem will be haste, since multiple secondary stats are better than 0.5 strength and most socket bonuses are worth going for, we should gem Exp/Haste in red (rather than Str/Haste), pure Haste gems in yellow and prismatic and Haste/Hit in blue (Hit is the only dps stat for blue sockets). If you are over Exp or Hit cap and incapable reforging out of them, use Str/Haste in red and Haste/Stamina in blue as long as the socket bonus is worth it.

That being said in some situations you can still be able to reforge under the exp cap for example, but with the mentioned gemming you end up either 80 rating under the exp cap or 100 rating over the cap while by using 1 Str/Haste gem instead, you can get much closer to the cap which can end up being higher dps.

A computer can go over all these scenarios and pick the best gemming for you in a few seconds.