Deleted
    No, and I'm not saying you should. But you don't have to go against anyone not agreeing with you. Many of the times the only counter argument you come up with is "Solacra once said", "Look at the threads title", "Exemplar is a trashkid with no heroic progress" or things that makes zero sense logically like why crit is only good at lower amounts because your hits still hit relatively hard. I mean if crit is the way to go (for this example) obviously you would still stack it, it doesn't matter if the average hits become lower and lower, as long as you keep critting getting double damage.

There is nothing wrong with a constructive debate where we can all find the true answer. My answer to the 40% haste cap is that there is no such exact cap. Surely haste becomes less important as you reach higher numbers of it, just like any other stats (my sims show that crit outperforms mastery at my gear level, but only for a few thousand more crit then it is mastery again), but there is no magic number that every Ret should aim for. So I think we should point out the importancy in actually checking yourself to be sure, otherwise being 1-2% haste above or below will not hurt your dps by a lot. I also would like to do this debate in a civilized manner instead of calling eachother names.

Simulations are yet again simulations, they are however the only reliable way to theorycraft with some kind of numbers to back you up. If we see something on live that doesn't add up in theory, we can discuss it and get it implemented. The game afterall is also just following build in algorithms, with similar numbers as we use to determine dps. I'm for example to hit my simmed DPS almost spot on within a few percentages. Sometimes I come out ahead (rng, prepull holy power) and sometimes I come out slightly below due to having to run an extra round or what not.

There should be room for everyone, even in your thread

I can see you are warming up to me.

Indoctrination 60% complete.

I'm sorry I'm not constructive. Need a new patch / gear 6.0 list to really care again. This expac for all purposes is complete to me.

Now... Blizzcon in 5 minutes..... the lore... THE LOREEEEEEEEEE
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-08 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB info on warlords of draenor, PST
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Also one of the original leaks I posted for my guild

judging from the opening video of WoD
    PRETTY FUCKING ACCURATE LEAK.

No new class or races. All of this is pre demon blood so no humans with the draenei being the main Alliance force. Garrosh goes back in time and stops his father from drinking the demons blood and Gul'dan is banished. He brings technology from the current time to reinforce the Horde. Ner'zhul uses this and rises to power once more to try and gain Garrosh's trust in the....Iron Horde. The Iron Horde forbids demon magic but it's pretty likely Gul'dan may end up summoning the Legion still even on his own. We get there via the Timewalkers. I dunno how exactly Garrosh gets to the past yet. But his escape is explained in a upcoming short story with the start being his trial. Garrosh says he regrets nothing while laughing crazily but Anduin still believes he can be redeemed. Baine wants to personally execute Garrosh and Jaina is still her raging self. Eventually it comes to that scene we see in that Timeless Isle quest with Anduin talking to Garrosh. I dunno the rest of the story yet but it's likely Anduin and Zaela help Garrosh escape. 5.5 was to be 2 scenario's showing Garrosh's escape but since they are short on time 5.5 was scrapped for the above story with maybe parts ending up in 6.0. It was also to tie into the Timeless Isle. The ORIGINAL story for the expansion was that Garrosh was banished to Outland but managed to get a artifact of Nozdormu. He used the artifact to summon the great heroes of the Horde and then 're makes' Draenor with the artifact pulling in new landmasses that just tears things up more. This was later scrapped for time travel. The Alliance start in Shadowmoon and their capital is Karabor which is similar to Terokkar now. Karabor looks like how it does in the TBC trailer with Akama but brighter. The Horde starting zone is a new zone west of Blade's Edge in the Frost Wolf Homelands where their capital is a captured Ogre stronghold city. The zone itself is a tundra. Netherstorm is Faralon but will be released in a future patch. Hellfire is a jungle where Garrosh is constructing the Dark Portal so he can invade Azeroth and 'make things right'. Zangar is a sea full of giant mushrooms. Shattrath is taken over by the Iron Horde and is a raid along with Auchindoun being a dungeon/raid. The other raids are The Blackrock Clan Citadel and a Ogre Stronghold. The first dungeon is in the Horde starting zone and is a Ogre Dungeon Cave where we rescue slaves. The zone south of Terrokkar is the capital of the Arrakoa and is where their palace is located. It's like Terokkar but has a LOT more tree houses and flying Arrakoa. Maybe they end up doing something with their Old God. There's some new tiger race as well but no details. The Iron Horde has dominated the Gronn and uses them as giant siege mounts similar to the mammoths in LotR. The 'Warlords' are all the chieftains of the old Horde with Durotan being the only good guy. Some of the main heroes of the expansion are Velen (dunno if its Velen meeting himself or just past Velen), Maarad, Vol'jin, Thrall, Durotan, and some dwarf and tauren. There's a continent southwest of Draenor which is the homeland of the Ogres.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-08 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some crazy shit. Gonna be nice having a fancy new model for my awful-looking dwarf.

Also curious about the garrison thing they mention in the trailer. Hope its not boring like 5.1 stuff.
    Last edited by Fredzilla; 2013-11-08 at 08:26 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck?

GARRISONS
    Take Command on Draenor

To clash with the greatest army Draenor has ever known, you’ll need your own forces and your own fortress. Construct a mighty garrison: an enduring home base integrated seamlessly with the world, not a hiding spot far from the action. Customize it with specialized structures like farms, stables, armories, workshops and more.
    Establish trade routes and unlock new quests, gear and pets to support your war for Draenor. Recruit stalwart followers to man your base, and send them to loot dungeons, fulfill missions, and craft items, even if you’re offline. Tame a deadly realm, and build an unbreakable monument to victory.
    New class talents and permanent ability bonuses
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-08 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm marginally confused about the map, because on the blizzcon picture of them showing the relative scale of Draenor to outland, they include that island on the northeast past gorgrond as part of the scale, but its not listed as a thing in the game right now. Spose it'll prob end up being something like isle of thunder or timeless isle or something, but I don't know why they'd include it in the original scale then.

Edit: Yeah Im wondering what exactly theyre getting at with the garrison thing. Is it going to be like the farm bullshit, on a personal account or character level, or a guild thing, or a realm thing? Without phasing like the farm there'd be no way to incorporate it on a small scale, but then it would seem to kill a lot of the interest (because the farm right now is so cool right?) Sure thered be more stuff than just a farm, but it seems like a lot of work and whatnot to make this huge badass garrison that no one but you will ever see.
    Last edited by Fredzilla; 2013-11-08 at 08:55 PM.

better loremaster the first couple days and not power level

Journey to a Mythic Time

Before the orcs first invaded Azeroth, the Iron Horde rose to dominate a historic age. Only the heroes of past and present still defy the warlords of Draenor. Through a refined, flexible questing system, you’ll meet storied heroes and villains in battle without slowing your exploration of a forbidding land. As you and your allies win victories, you’ll be duly rewarded—any quest can randomly award bonus rare or epic items. Stand beside legends. Break the tide of steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what said epics will be, weapons would be largely pointless i imagine otherwise the heirlooms were getting now will be. Or if its like the epic weapons and legs from rares in mop, they were nice for a couple levels but not that great beyond that.

Flex scaling in normal difficulty raids, or so the faq says. Do you just get screwed then when you want to switch between normal and heroic?
    Last edited by Fredzilla; 2013-11-08 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Depends on what said epics will be, weapons would be largely pointless i imagine otherwise the heirlooms were getting now will be. Or if its like the epic weapons and legs from rares in mop, they were nice for a couple levels but not that great beyond that.

Flex scaling in normal difficulty raids, or so the faq says. Do you just get screwed then when you want to switch between normal and heroic?
    Interesting question. Prolly not

10+ Year Old Account
    Also quite curious about the new stats they say they;re putting in. It'd be nice to have a wider array of gearing options, and I look forward to never having a tier like ToT again now that we wont have hit to worry about

Also quite curious about the new stats they say they;re putting in. It'd be nice to have a wider array of gearing options, and I look forward to never having a tier like ToT again now that we wont have hit to worry about
    Not there yet keep pausing to post stuff shhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler alert

Edit: I wanted it in all caps but it wouldnt let me =[.
    Also read faster.

Spoiler alert

Edit: I wanted it in all caps but it wouldnt let me =[.
    Also read faster.
    READ? FU im watching

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch faster then. Jeeze.

Edit:
    Flex scaling will be used for Normal and Heroic difficulty.
    Wat. TELL ME MORE.

EditEdit:
    Mythic is a new difficulty harder than heroic with a 20 player fixed size.
    WAT.
    Last edited by Fredzilla; 2013-11-08 at 09:54 PM.

Say goodbye to Ret Paladins. There is no way we can fit into a 20 man mythic raid.

Lets avoid sensationalism. Thank you.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-11-08 at 10:13 PM.

Oh God heroic raids 20 man only. Plz don't break ret in beta

15+ Year Old Account
    Until I get an actual PC, I won't ever dare raid Mythic mode, but it's intriguing to say the least, all the PvE changes seem intriguing!

The new PvP zone really captures my interest as well! I've always wanted a zone to recapture the essence of AV, I truly hope this zone pans out to that, an area to go in, and while there are objectives, you can go in and just KILL KILL KILL. This is really turning out quite nicely!

On a mod note, please, lets avoid sensationalism. Nothing good will come from that.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    One of our goals for Warlords of Draenor is to make the act of finding and collecting loot even more exciting for players. With that in mind, we’re adding some fun new stats to gear, such as Movement Speed and Cleave, which gives you a chance to do extra damage or healing to additional nearby targets. In addition, we’ll be retiring a few stats that players don’t find very enjoyable to manage, such as Hit and Expertise. We’re also making improvements to armor itemization that will make it easier to share armor pieces across classes

finally hit and exp gone WHOOOO HOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Also why do ppl pick at the name title "your thread isn't REVOLUTIONARY" Lmfao. I think ppl miss the point that the last 3 previous versions of this thread represented.

Anaxie's totally kickass 4.3
    Anaxies totally awesome 5.0
    Anaxies totally magnificent 5.2

Suggestions for 6.0 Name?
    Given the information coming out about the new expac?

My suggestion: "Anaxie's Totally Retconned" for 6.0.