10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone wanna help with a few ret tips? ^_^
    started playing ret last tier ish as an alt alt alt and started focusing on heroics on it this week since the tiers over

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/9tp8d...=20189&e=20530
    hmalkorok log
    armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ityqt/advanced
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-12-13 at 07:30 PM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Deleted
    For those not at expertise cap, it's generally accepted this tier to use expertise/mastery gems in red sockets rather than reforging into expertise.

Other than that, is there anything that makes you think you're not using the ideal rotation or anything?

Edit: Should say rather expertise/haste in your case and then expertise/mastery after you've hit 40% haste.
    Last edited by mmoc6d22e69d8e; 2013-12-13 at 08:02 PM.

Thok requires 6 good healers + really good setup / 7 healers + good setup / 8 healers.
    Holy paladins (apart from bringing devo aura) is really bad on Thok so even with you offspec healing it wouldn't do too much I'd think.
    That said Thok can be sorted out with bops on the correct healers at a time and using raid cds optimally, it's hell to set up and it's still up to your healers to cope with the numbers.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    On my Paladin I do only raidfinder. Should I get the 4-set-bonus or should I get as many Ordos items as possible?
    I'd personally go for the 4-set. DS procs = yum
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    Heroic Warforged Mace yeehaw! Now if thok would be kind enough to drop an amp trinket, we haven't seen a single one yet

Question, for heroic siegecrafter: if you aren't on the belt do you use divine purpose for mine damage or stick with AW? I'm on the belt more often than not, but when all of our hunters and rogues show up I usually get to stay on the main platform since my mine damage is miles ahead of the other melee. I sort of like AW when a mine fixates on me since it lets me build HoPo and cleave while circling the boss and kiting the crawler mine, but the cleave potential of DP is really good if you don't get targeted (which is rare...). We've got him to 12% and wiped stupidly, a kill should just be around the corner.
    You better down him soon, cause you got 2 guilds creepin up on you. Pretty sure both will have it down in less then 100 pulls You've been warned.

PS: Both of us raid 9 hours and don't use our saves from the week before

Rendella Retribution Paladin for Dawn of the Dead Zul'jin-US

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    Heroic Warforged Mace yeehaw! Now if thok would be kind enough to drop an amp trinket, we haven't seen a single one yet

Question, for heroic siegecrafter: if you aren't on the belt do you use divine purpose for mine damage or stick with AW? I'm on the belt more often than not, but when all of our hunters and rogues show up I usually get to stay on the main platform since my mine damage is miles ahead of the other melee. I sort of like AW when a mine fixates on me since it lets me build HoPo and cleave while circling the boss and kiting the crawler mine, but the cleave potential of DP is really good if you don't get targeted (which is rare...). We've got him to 12% and wiped stupidly, a kill should just be around the corner.
    If you're part of the belt team and have the CD red trinket you go with AW all the way, if you don't have it then ask if someone else can do it because you'll suck on every other belt.
    If you're not part of the belt group then go DP and Light's Hammer and just DS to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Thok HC would have gone down today if half of our core raiders hadn't been unable to log in because of server problems. I even had to go tank, and the first couple of pulls were not beautiful. Despite that, we made some progress, and I'm quite confident that we get him next week (And of course he drops the polearm and trinket WF).

But hey, at least we are progressing Thok again instead of Siegecrafter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muk View Post
    I'd personally go for the 4-set. DS procs = yum
    T16 4set + Divine Purpose = epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    T16 4set + Divine Purpose = epic!
    The first add spawn at heroic Immerseus is fun with T16 4p and DivPurp. Lots of mobs to AoE, chain-casting Divine Storm on them is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendx View Post
    You better down him soon, cause you got 2 guilds creepin up on you. Pretty sure both will have it down in less then 100 pulls You've been warned.

PS: Both of us raid 9 hours and don't use our saves from the week before
    okay..????

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I'm sure Thok HC would have gone down today if half of our core raiders hadn't been unable to log in because of server problems. I even had to go tank, and the first couple of pulls were not beautiful. Despite that, we made some progress, and I'm quite confident that we get him next week (And of course he drops the polearm and trinket WF).

But hey, at least we are progressing Thok again instead of Siegecrafter.
    Thok trinket doesn't exist, it's a myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Thok trinket doesn't exist, it's a myth.
    not the lfr version ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is totally sketchy.

I also think its marginally amusing that i dont think ive raided at all since i actually got my thoks trinket. After all the pain i went through to get it.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    This thread is totally sketchy.

I also think its marginally amusing that i dont think ive raided at all since i actually got my thoks trinket. After all the pain i went through to get it.
    It's my absolute crap luck with trinkets which is killing things for me. Even tokening the bosses. Damn RNG!

I know once I do finally get SoO trinkets It will be WoD shortly after or I'll have a big project which requires me to be away so much I can't play.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right. Reminds me of in cata. I had a normal magmaw mace until DS came out. Everytime we'd do 2 10 mans in FL, the other group would have shannox's axe or the random sword drop, but never the one i was in. Then I left for England for 4 months.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Sounds about right. Reminds me of in cata. I had a normal magmaw mace until DS came out. Everytime we'd do 2 10 mans in FL, the other group would have shannox's axe or the random sword drop, but never the one i was in. Then I left for England for 4 months.
    I had Normal Shannox axe until heroic Boat 2.0 mace dropped in DS, know you pain bro.
    Now I'm stuck with 543 Spark :P

Last day of school before the newyears break.
    Got a kit kat in my calender that I got from grandma.
    Garrosh died 25HC.
    Today was a good day!

Have a nice christmas everyone
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-12-18 at 05:06 AM.

Heya guys, been ret all of MoP so far, can't complain really, I'm loving it. And Annaxie, you're awesome for this list. Saves me a lot of effort.

Quick question though, I'm rocking a HC Sha Sword but got a HC nazgrim mace...this list says mace is better but is it enough of one to justify upgrade and enchanting? Just wondering.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntreric/simple if it matters.

Considering 1) not all your gear is 2/2, 2) you could gem xp/haste into reds, which would 3) put you at way too much expertise anyways:
    My answer would be a "No"

I'm so depressed, I had to switch from my Ret to start tanking... at least all my ret gear basically translates over to prot though.

I want to get back to being ret ASAP though, we just were about to start the second half of the raid's heroics before a big roster shake up.

Deleted
    Something completely off-topic:
    I used to have an addon that made it possible to make timed announcements with /s.
    It was used in makros, something like "/in 5 /s xxxxxxxx", where "5" was the cooldown in seconds
    and after that you would post "xxxxxxxxx" in the /s (or any channel you liked).

I can't remember what addon made that, it was really helpful for things that weren't covered by DBM / BigWigs / RSA ...