10+ Year Old Account
    got my boa 2h axe today

Congrats, man! Last 3 weeks of Normal 25 Man Raiding have yielded some good results. I'm in a very lucky spot because I'm one of only two Plate DPS in our squad, with the other being a Fury Warrior. So apart from Trinkets and Weapons, the gear is nice and exclusive. As a result I've managed to get some sweet Warforged stuff and finally an NM Thok that got upgraded from the LFR one I'd been rocking previously. Just need to replace the Flex Galakras with a Normal mode one and I'm good to go.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kyrst/advanced

With the incoming valor upgrades to my gear, I should be sitting in a sweet spot for both Haste and Mastery. The one time I managed to play a near perfect Klaxxi fight, it didn't get logged. I know it's nothing on Heroic Raiders but I managed 300k single target on the fight with no number cheesing. Was pretty proud since I still saved lives with the usual things.

Deleted
    Good job man! Don't forget to tinker!

Hehe, shall do! Gotta do the cape and the fire boom from the belt.

Hello, how do i setup two rotations with clcret? i saw the option in clcinfo but not in clcret, does this mean i need to copy paste the string everytime if i want to use DP or AW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Hello, how do i setup two rotations with clcret? i saw the option in clcinfo but not in clcret, does this mean i need to copy paste the string everytime if i want to use DP or AW?
    IIRC you can set up in templates what talent it should load with. So configure one template with AW and one with DP.

You can set the prio as you would usually and add inn DP procs where you'd see it fit. If you don't have DP specced then it won't show up in your rotation helper as you wont get the DP buff, you can also make 4set T16 show higher than usual during Avenging Wrath so you'd get the most out of the procs.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I think the issue is a slow rotation filled with pauses is considered less "fun", even if it's equal DPS statwise
    Right, and I understand that concern, and am informing you that we are keeping that in mind, and not changing it. (Celestalon)
    Even so, having limited access to haste will affect how ret feels/play due to not being able to get haste through gem/reforges..
    Again, you won't have limited access to haste. You *will* be able to customize gear. You *will* be able to get gear that has... (Celestalon)
    ...the stats you want. I understand that it's hard to convey through 140char, but your concerns aren't being ignored. (Celestalon)

curious about hopo generation tbh. Feels really good on live, dont want to go back to only 1 hopo generator. Thanks 4 reply
    No plans to change HoPo generation significantly. (Celestalon)
    Will there be any changes to SoB? Ret will struggle extremely with its current model once gems/reforges are gone.
    Sanctity of Battle? No... Why would it? (Celestalon)
    Without reforging and gems, the ret rotation will feel very slow and filled with gaps cause of little to no haste.
    That's definitely false. Gems are part of items' budgets, and Reforging just moves stats around; no significant change there if... (Celestalon)
    ...you care about and stack haste. Overall, negligible impact, if any. (Celestalon)
    ...will make crit/mastery items even more unattractive over a haste+X counterpart, X being crit or mastery.
    If you love haste, yes, haste/Anything beats crit/mastery; aim for getting haste items. Regardless, all of the secondary stats... (Celestalon)
    ...will be useful, and closer in value. (Celestalon)
    So SoB & Ret rot. design the same, but we're over-exaggerating how "TAKE IT & SHUT UP" we're imagining stat options?
    Very much so. (Celestalon)
    This blurb on the frontpage asking questions we have wanted for a long time.

Step 2 of beta. Denial from blizzard that ret will be fine =/.
    Yay! We are on track to have a normal ret style beta! :'D

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly the people asking questions never just bluntly asked. Can we get some baseline haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like they would've answered that question anyway. Too many other classes would've had a huge hissy fit over it.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Why though? It's not very different than AGI leather classes getting base crit.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for one it'd only be the one spec getting it instead of all agi-users. Secondly, I'm pretty sure we can all agree most of the (most vocal) people in this game would get mad that we get this and no one else (ie: the aforementioned people) don't. If there's one thing the (most vocal) people on the wow forums/twitter now can do, it's complain when they think they're getting the short end of the stick in terms of buffs. It doesn't matter what reasoning there would be behind the buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm just too cynical, but I feel that's about how it'd go down. At least if it were just said through twitter. It'd prob go less unnoticed in the midst of more patch notes.

Man, I got lucky today. Got a Heroic Warforged Bubble Burst Bracers and a Heroic Warforged Sorrowpath Signet. Not to showoff, but I have a question. Should I be going with the 17k cap on my Haste and start pouring into Mastery now or should I just keep piling on the Haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Long answer: There's like 10 pages of discussion about this.
    Short answer: Do what you prefer, it'll be hardly noticeable if at all on any given pull.

I've gone with 40% Haste and then Mastery. I'm sitting at 40.15% and 60.55% respectively. There was some conjecture over just going ham Haste, but I think I'd rather have a balance. Right now I don't like the BL phases where I can't sometimes get as many HoWs without capping Holy Power.

Don't think I've ever encountered being capped on holy power during SW spams, I regularly go to 4-5 but always spend them.
    Even if you get lucky and get 5x 4set procs in a row it should be obvious when to spend holy power.

And yes, 17k haste is the point where secondary stats (if you got thok's trinket) begin to equalize, haste is X% stronger on single target, Mastery is X% better on aoe/cleave and crit is crit.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-04-11 at 05:21 AM.

Yeah during AW your holy power builders other than HoW should only be used to reach a point where you can hit TV. If you get capped you're simply just not hitting TV when you can (when HoW is on CD). CS as well as Judge get no prio during AW, they're just fillers.

Maybe I'm gaming my holy power too much but I really can't get this obsession with spamming holy power generating abilities. It should be pretty easy to plan ahead to fill your globals with this much haste.

You're right. I tend to struggle in fights where I'm nervous, those being Heroic fights. In Normal my rotation is finely tuned.

I always assumed during AW with SW the rotation goes like:

Hammer > filler > hammer > TV > hammer > filler > hammer > TV etc

Filler being CS or Exo depending on current weapon and Mastery rating. Am I wrong? Also don't have 4pc yet.

Correct but during AW(with SW) TV(or DS) becomes a filler ability if you have 3+ Holy Power.
    Hammer > [TV/DS@5HoPo > 4set > TV/DS@3+HoPo > filler] > Hammer > repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and judge is better than exo as a filler.