its ok king anaxie some of us still love you!

Still waiting for that ts17 bis list......tell me how to play ret paladin my king!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it means he/she is attempting to do humor. So much hate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

King Anaxie is an "it".... shrouded in mystery and hate....

Quote Originally Posted by Furyborn View Post
    Still waiting for that ts17 bis list......tell me how to play ret paladin my king!
    I got a few builds already, thing is that we don't have set in stone statweights or balance changes might still throw things around. More importantly though "BiS" is going to be so incredibly rare because of sockets, not to mention that a socketed non BiS item is very possibly better than a non socket BiS item.
    Honestly I'm thinking that it's enough to know what trinkets to use.
    Get 5/5 tier at as high ilvl you got, swap around depending on ilvl and sockets on "offset" pieces, beyond that you want to favor some stats (which I'm getting close on completing) but again- *Beta is Beta* things can/will change.

*edit*
    We also lost hit and exp, making "BiS" even less of a thing.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-09-08 at 06:25 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I got a few builds already, thing is that we don't have set in stone statweights or balance changes might still throw things around. More importantly though "BiS" is going to be so incredibly rare because of sockets, not to mention that a socketed non BiS item is very possibly better than a non socket BiS item.
    Honestly I'm thinking that it's enough to know what trinkets to use.
    Get 5/5 tier at as high ilvl you got, swap around depending on ilvl and sockets on "offset" pieces, beyond that you want to favor some stats (which I'm getting close on completing) but again- *Beta is Beta* things can/will change.

*edit*
    We also lost hit and exp, making "BiS" even less of a thing.
    Less of a thing and easier to build, all we would want now is to have as much of our best secondaries as possible, only items in question here would be which trinkets would be best.

Also are current stat weights showing that multi/crit are still our best stats?

some haste plateaus look like they will be applicable as well

At the moment haste is our worst stat, not sure if that's 100% correct.
    Crit=Multistrike > mastery > Versatility > Haste
    Iirc, ofc might change. Like I said months ago there's probably some sort of "rule" to get crit/MS, maybe we want their % equal, maybe 2/1 ratio. Simc will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathimis View Post
    some haste plateaus look like they will be applicable as well
    Agreed, which is hugely problematic in my eyes with reforging being removed. 5 slots of enchants and the rare gem slots don't provide me with the level of comfort that we will be able to choose our stats like we can now.

PS - Anaxie is a guy, he's posted pics.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

I don't think ret will ever see the 50% haste plateaus ever again the amount of sockets out current gear has + all it's stats are nuts. I think much like other haste reliant classes like Combat and WW were subject to having horribly slow rotations come wod.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDTF View Post
    I don't think ret will ever see the 50% haste plateaus ever again the amount of sockets out current gear has + all it's stats are nuts. I think much like other haste reliant classes like Combat and WW were subject to having horribly slow rotations come wod.
    But remember, choice is bad, mmkay? I mean, today you choose stats on your gear, tomorrow you choose to let men marry goats! Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    But remember, choice is bad, mmkay? I mean, today you choose stats on your gear, tomorrow you choose to let men marry goats! Madness!
    Goats bite too much. Sheep are where its at.

My biggest dislike is that haste atm is so bad that we don't want it, meaning we're going to be stuck in the sluggish playstyle forever...
    Also, how fucked up is our spec's stat prio if stats that don't interact with our spec is the best? Like how would fire mages or warriors react if crit is terrible for them?

I'm really more worried about mastery, as far as stats go, than any of them. Outside of FV it's horrible, and even in FV it isn't the best. Attunement fails if it can't identify the stat new players should be stacking.

Haste just appears to have numerous plateaus like Rathimis points out. Where the other stats have fairly linear plots, haste just bounces around everywhere.

Well every 10% of haste (from rating) lets you use 1 more HoW during SW, if you go with Seraphim let's say being on 5-15-25-35 (%) haste is going to be the points of haste you want, without Seraphim 10-20-30-40-50 (%). Just speculation but that's more or less how we've done it in MoP.

What is disappointing is that if we have major haste breakpoints we will need to hang onto a lot of different pieces because changing one piece will cause a ripple effect not easily solved by numerous gem slots and reforging.

Edited bc I'm an idiot at times.

That's just for SW HoW use though, it's not that big a gain but depending on the encounter etc. Might just be a case of us having 1-2 items with sockets that we change gems on- not that complicated tbh.

It's all in the way blizzard wants to go- gear should be "Oh, higher ilvl- that's clearly better!".
    Which I think is terrible and just another shot in blizzards own leg, removing all forms of effort and time restrictions in the game- and the "skill" barriers...

Can we go back pre mop and remove all bonus gear procs please thank. You

Valor upgrades are ok, chance to gem, chance to warforged, chance on "coin roll", chance to movementspeed?
    Seriously dislike the Diablo style of dealing with loot WoD will have... :<

I despise the valor upgrades. I know many guilds need it for progress and it has replaced the flat 10/20% nerfs added before but it's just a lazy way to add more grind instead of giving us something more interesting to do. I took a 3 month break and suddenly my full heroic geared 2/4 upgraded ret isn't welcome to join any raids that are doing more than 11 bosses in SoO. Such a joke.