Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Valor upgrades are ok, chance to gem, chance to warforged, chance on "coin roll", chance to movementspeed?
    Seriously dislike the Diablo style of dealing with loot WoD will have... :<
    You mean you don't want to make a full crafted set of epics the first week and keep making the Reroll stats item until you get perfect armor stats?!?!?!!!!!?

Deleted
    Unique-Equipped: Warlords Crafted (3)

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You mean you don't want to make a full crafted set of epics the first week and keep making the Reroll stats item until you get perfect armor stats?!?!?!!!!!?
    1. (like poster above said) max 3 crafted items allowed equipped at any time.
    2. AFTER you get your BS or garrison BS up it takes 1 day (daily cradft) to get the weapon recipes, 5 more days to get the 655 upgrade recipe for either armor or wep (not both), then it takes another 15! days to get the 665 upgrade recipe (for wep or armor).
    3. *insert funny comment on how little you know about the crafting*

you require AT LEAST 21 days worth of daily crafts to get ONE 665 item, the armor and weapon upgrade recipes are different, meaning it takes 5+15 days for armor and another 5+15 days for wep. Now you can choose, do you want to enter mythic raids with a 665 (or was it 655?) weapon 100% guaranteed or do you want to gamble on the ONE 2h str wep that drops from highmaul? How much competition do you have for 2h weps? How many clears will you do? OR do you maybe want to go the armor way and end up with 1x 665 ilvl item and 2x 655 ilvl items in the armor tree? I'm most likely going for wep- makes more sense imo.

Crafting isn't going to provide mythic raiders with a lot of items, like I said you can go get 3 armor pieces at fairly high ilvl but in most cases (esp 2h str users) weapons are better- low number of weps available = better to get wep fast.

Oh I forgot.
    It's also extremely expensive and depending on what the "Work Order" cds and times will be (1min on beta) it's also going to be an extreme time wall you can't bypass- almost everything is soulbound as well.
    Try leveling on the beta realms- play with your garrison and experience the amount of time things take... it's such a time sink- they've also said that garrisons won't be "mandatory" for mythic raiders. Why? well going by the times I'm seeing for things to start we'll be midway through mythic Highmaul before anything major comes out of the garrison. Yes sure we'll still do it just because it's a good "extra" step to take, that said though- we won't get fully decked out in 640+ items from garrisons... not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I despise the valor upgrades. I know many guilds need it for progress and it has replaced the flat 10/20% nerfs added before but it's just a lazy way to add more grind instead of giving us something more interesting to do. I took a 3 month break and suddenly my full heroic geared 2/4 upgraded ret isn't welcome to join any raids that are doing more than 11 bosses in SoO. Such a joke.
    I'd take a grind for a 100% reward than a daily that gives you a chance for reward, or a coin, or warforged, or random sockets...
    Honestly if they made sockets unlockable by valor that would be much better, at least for my taste... I fucking hate "random".
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-09-09 at 09:35 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'd take a grind for a 100% reward than a daily that gives you a chance for reward, or a coin, or warforged, or random sockets...
    Honestly if they made sockets unlockable by valor that would be much better, at least for my taste... I fucking hate "random".
    Agreed. Look through this thread and the amount of complaining people do about not getting "x" piece thunderforged/warforged. And, you really can't blame somebody for bitching about killing Thok for the 25th time, using coins every roll, and still not having a wf ttt (same for weapon). Now take that and compound it.

So say mythic has a wf/socket rate equal to 25m soo warforged (which I don't know how accurate this is, but I've seen 25% stated a lot). That means 37.5% will have one or the other, and only 6.25% will have both. 6%. That's fucking mount farming low. Adding a socket with grind currency is so much better than that shit.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Agreed. Look through this thread and the amount of complaining people do about not getting "x" piece thunderforged/warforged. And, you really can't blame somebody for bitching about killing Thok for the 25th time, using coins every roll, and still not having a wf ttt (same for weapon). Now take that and compound it.

So say mythic has a wf/socket rate equal to 25m soo warforged (which I don't know how accurate this is, but I've seen 25% stated a lot). That means 37.5% will have one or the other, and only 6.25% will have both. 6%. That's fucking mount farming low. Adding a socket with grind currency is so much better than that shit.
    Honestly, this is one of my biggest gripes with the new loot system - I could barely stand Thunderforged in the first place, but I feel like all of this RNG kills the "sanctity" of Mythic raiding. I mean, shit, what if the decider in the World First race each tier isn't even remotely player skill, or hours put in, but who gets the luckiest with TF+socket procs?

Fuck that shit. I wouldn't shed a single tier if they removed all of it. Want loot RNG? You can go play fucking Diablo.

WoD: the expansion of more RNG than mists

Deleted
    Apologies if I missed it on one of the pages, got a bit into a slumber with following the thread. When 6.0 lands, what will be our stat weights, do they remain the same, do we face drastic changes apart from reforge removal and gem rarity or nothing really changes in terms of gameplay and we can still derp?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcs View Post
    Apologies if I missed it on one of the pages, got a bit into a slumber with following the thread. When 6.0 lands, what will be our stat weights, do they remain the same, do we face drastic changes apart from reforge removal and gem rarity or nothing really changes in terms of gameplay and we can still derp?
    This was on page 397:

At the moment haste is our worst stat, not sure if that's 100% correct.
    Crit=Multistrike > mastery > Versatility > Haste
    Iirc, ofc might change. Like I said months ago there's probably some sort of "rule" to get crit/MS, maybe we want their % equal, maybe 2/1 ratio. Simc will tell.

Bear in mind the above stat prio is shown for WoD where we can't gem main stats, atm on live and on pre patch we will be able to gem main stats in SoO gear that is. In 6.0 Strg is giving more dps per point of it then secondary stats due to 1 Strg = 1 AP and 3.5 AP= 1 Weapon Damage, I don't know right stat weights to compare if 2 points of secondary stats beat 1 point of main stat, but if they do Strg is king once again. Everything is still subject to change, until then we need to wait to get solid Simc stat weights.

i was testing on ptr, that 2% cdr reduction from galakras trinket is intent or is bugged? if no, there's another trinket we should farm before pre patch?

Quote Originally Posted by snowhaven View Post
    i was testing on ptr, that 2% cdr reduction from galakras trinket is intent or is bugged? if no, there's another trinket we should farm before pre patch?
    No one seems to know the answer to this, but I'll tell you that it's been a question for quite a while. I'm inferring from Blizzard's silence that it is intentional (as in, if it weren't, they'd clear this up for us). It's possible though that a trinket's CDR on live will begin to decline after L90, even if this behavior is not happening on PTR.

I'd get Skeer's trinket just to be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go lads! The answer to the gimped CDR on EEoG:
    h t t p : / / us.battle.net / wow/ en/ forum/ topic/ 14394869367#11

Remove the spaces, my account is limited sorry.
    Last edited by Calgar2013; 2014-09-17 at 03:29 AM.

Deleted
    Alright, so they removed Colossus Smash from Fury. They've officially lost their fucking minds completely.

AW removed from Ret in next build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi View Post
    Removing colossus smash for fury was logical from a design point of view. Doing it this late in the design process? Not so much.

They already tried making it less of a "pool resources" playstyle by having raging blow extend colossus smash. Bet they already had this planned just in case that didn't work out.

Also it's not good to just look at it as "CS removed". There's still lots of tuning to go.
    It's not that it doesn't make sense from a design perspective, it's their continued insistence on forcing a vision for a spec that approximately 4 people that have ever played it seriously agree with that amuses me. MoP Fury has been highlighted a multitude of times as a spec that just "works", which makes it both ironic and depressing that it happens to be the spec that they've decided to turn into a complete clusterfuck.

Think of it like invading Russia in winter - there may be perspectives from which this looks like a perfectly sensible idea, but this being the case suggests nothing other than the applied perspective being flawed at best.

Deleted
    It may be "their game and their visions", but let's not get ahead of ourselves here - WoW isn't some work of art where they're chasing some aesthetic ideal, or something. It's a game, marketed to paying consumers who generally expect their opinions to have at least some sort of vague influence.

This makes it rather comically inept that they repeatedly seem content to ignore the wishes of their playerbase. I could understand forcing through a change that was simply slightly controversial, but forcing through a change where the entirety of the affected class community has been screaming "hands off our fucking spec it's fine it ain't broke it don't need fixing ty" since day 1 seems absolutely bone-headed to me.

I mean, there's a really fine line being flirted with here between integrity as a design team and making awful business decisions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi View Post
    Catering to casuals is a bad business decision?
    This is hardly catering to casuals, this is simply changing a spec for the sake of changing a spec.

Your average casual will most likely be completely oblivious to the fact that they're even making these changes and has probably been spamming Wild Strike all the time anyway. All this change accomplishes is piss off a significant and loud portion of the playerbase that is highly invested in how its class plays while doing astoundingly little for a portion of the the playerbase that doesn't give a shit about rotations in the first place.

Deleted
    You're either making a flawed assumption that the average casual spends so much as a second considering what rotation will yield simDPS when rolling a new alt, or you have a very, very different definition of what casual is than most people around here do.

Something like changing the GCD of a class could be construed as catering to casuals - changing Fury's GCD to 1s to make it feel more "enraged" and spammier. That, I could understand.

But gutting the deeper mechanics of a spec, mechanics that casuals simply weren't interacting with in the first place? That's catering to bad players, not casual ones.

OH NO they took Colossal Smash from fury, now whatever will crybaby rets use as a bargaining tool to make AoW a more engaging ability?!?!?!?

In other news I finally got a hwf weapon, mace off naz.

Also seige has been out for a year, granted I took oct-march off, still mega ultra annoyingggggg

I've gotten 1 WF weapon combined on all 5 chars I raid regulary with. :-)