Thread: Zodiac Signs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeforged View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering how many people actually match the personality that's attributed to the zodiac sign that they were "born under".
    For example, I'm an aquarius, which are usually described as aloof, distant, unemotional, introverted thinkers who put other people's interests before their own. Really, if someone asked for a complete personality evaluation of myself (no idea why someone would), I would ask them to look up the traits for aquarius, because they're pretty much spot on. I don't believe in astrology, but I think it's pretty coincidental how it fits me so well.

Anyone else like this?

Please stop poisoning your minds with this superstitious arrogance. The stars don't care about you or if you're gonna win the lottery today.

Sagittarius

Kind of. It has the pursuit of wisdom and search for higher meaning whatnot, but Skelington is not social, and while he likes the idea of travel, he probably won't ever take the initiative to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Sagittarius

Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy travelling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed. Their strongly idealistic natures can also suffer many disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice. They are usually on the side of the underdog in society they will fight for any cause they believe to be just, and are prepared to be rebellious. They balance loyalty with independence. Sagittarians are ardent, sincere and straightforward in love, normally conventional and in control of their sexual natures. Yet if thwarted, they may easily allow their failure to embitter their whole lives or they may revenge themselves upon the opposite sex by becoming cynically promiscuous.

I can live with this.
    That sounds pretty close. Just take out the optimism.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-07-03 at 05:18 PM.

Don't forget OP - aquarius is only your Sun sign, you also have a moon sign and an ascending sign. There is much more to astrology than the pop culture version we all run into daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Sagittarius

Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy travelling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed. Their strongly idealistic natures can also suffer many disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice. They are usually on the side of the underdog in society they will fight for any cause they believe to be just, and are prepared to be rebellious. They balance loyalty with independence. Sagittarians are ardent, sincere and straightforward in love, normally conventional and in control of their sexual natures. Yet if thwarted, they may easily allow their failure to embitter their whole lives or they may revenge themselves upon the opposite sex by becoming cynically promiscuous.

I can live with this.
    Oh hello there, fellow Sagittarius! That whole paragraph, and nearly everything about Sagittarius in general, fit me pretty well. In order to get a more accurate description you need to actually have it done with your birth date, time, position and blah blah because the planets move into different houses and predict different outcomes, and if you do that it does become eerily accurate.

Food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole field of astrology is based on the principle of confirmation bias.

People tend to latch on to what they already believe and ignore anything that contradicts that belief. If you combine that with a vaguely written personality assessment you can get a lot of people signing on to how true it is. The reality is there is nothing that even remotely proves that astrology has any merit.

Still fun to read my prediction in the paper for the day!
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I'd be more convinced with a power point or excell program that predicts your sign based on your characteristics. Using vaguely defined characteristics that everyone believes applies to themselves is an old charlatan's trick.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

Please stop poisoning your minds with this superstitious arrogance. The stars don't care about you or if you're gonna win the lottery today.
    If you actually read what you quoted you would see the OP does not believe in astrology but is merely entertained by its coincidences. I'm sure you could have actually seen that if you weren't biting at the bit to share your much unneeded and overt opinion.

Deleted
    So... did anyone check that Excel table I put to download to see if it fits you at least 90% or the download link doesn't work?

I don't know which one I am.. so I don't know

Deleted
    Western(?)
    Capricorn: More or less

Chinese: Monkey/Rooster (depending on which one you ask xD)
    Monkey: Yes

Albionese:
    Thief: Yeah

Virgo Strength Keywords:
    - Analytical
    - Observant
    - Helpful
    - Reliable
    - Precise
    Virgo Weakness Keywords:
    - Skeptical
    - Fussy