Question New Computer Build / Help / ?

I just wanted to post to see if I could get some information and reassurance about what I am doing, about my computer that I will be building myself (first time too).

specs:
    CPU: Intel i7-3820 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 750GB Intellipower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0GB/s
    PSU: Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B
    Cooling: Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Case: NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan mATX
    (The case needs to be somewhat mobile since I live 50/50 at 2 houses, and will be used for gaming)

My reassurance questions are: Will this work? Do I have the right power supply? Do I have enough wattage? Am I missing anything?

My information questions are: How well will this build run / will it run today's and 2 years (rough estimate) games on max or close to max settings? Is there anything that can be changed for increased performance with reduced price, and will still be relevant for 2+ years? Do I and/or will I be able to have enough ports for an HDMI, monitor, usb mouse, headset, webcam, and mic at the same time (if i can use them all, would I be able to add the ports)?

Please, I impor everyone to ask me questions and to critique or recommend things for the build

Thank you for your help

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The below is assuming this is purely a gaming computer:

CPU- Change this to an i5-2500k(save $100)
    Mobo- Change this to Asrock z77 Extreme4 (save $100+)
    RAM- Change this to Gskill Ares, Gskill Sniper, or Mushkin Blackline
    HDD- Change this to WD Caviar Black
    SSD- Add a Crucial m4 128GB
    PSU- Change this to Seasonic m211 520W
    CPU cooler- Change this to Xigmatek Gaia
    Case- Somebody else might want to chime in here on a nice case with handles.

This computer would give you equal performance to the build above and would end up saving you hundreds of dollars. It will be able to run everything @ max for a while and will definitely last 3-4 years if you need it to. With the SSD included you will notice significant load times from starting your computer to actual game play.

I agree with Hapylol except for the cooler part, if you are moving around that much I think a h80 is way safer than a big piece of metal on your CPU.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DruidoftheSun View Post
    CPU: Intel i7-3820 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 750GB Intellipower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0GB/s
    PSU: Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B
    Cooling: Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Case: NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan mATX
    (The case needs to be somewhat mobile since I live 50/50 at 2 houses, and will be used for gaming)
    Most of the things i agree with Hapylol on, but some things can be changed a little bit.

CPU: Intel i5 2500K
    GPU: GeForce GTX 670 (hardly any difference in performance compared to the 680, but quite a difference in price) http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/598?vs=555
    Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4
    RAM. 2x4GB G.Skill (whatever they are called) 1600MHz
    HDD: WD Caviar Black
    SSD: 128GB Crucial m4 or Samsung 830
    PSU: Seasonic m211 520W
    CPU Cooler: H80, since you will be moving the computer around.
    Case: Fractal Design Arc

Small cases and motherboards works, but having a midi tower allows for easier upgrades in the future for if you are moving to your own place.
    Case is often the very last thing you need to change when upgrading a computer, so picking the right one in the beginning will only do you good.

Thank you guys for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Small cases and motherboards works, but having a midi tower allows for easier upgrades in the future for if you are moving to your own place.
    Case is often the very last thing you need to change when upgrading a computer, so picking the right one in the beginning will only do you good
    I agree with you, Mancerot, about the case, but Im moving between houses every week, hence the requirement for a small-ish computer with a handle.
    And thanks for that link to the comparison website, I looked for a decent one, and what I would find would be more reviews than everything :P
    If you truly read and think about it, this explains the reason for an immense amount of things...
    -nobody panics when things go "according to plan", even if the plan is horrifying! If tomorrow i tell the press if a gang-banger will get shot or a truck load of soliders will be blown up; no body panics. Its all apart of "The Plan". But if i say that one, little, old mayor will die, well then everyone losses their minds!
    "Those that criticize our generation forget who raised it"