Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    any job that barely meets national minimum wage. the only reason ppl earn more is bcoz they work more. OT and stuff like that. also heavy tax makes it idiotic to work more than certain hours when ur on low pay
    We don't have minimum wage here, I really can't come up with any job that will give you less money then welfare, not even McDonalds. Esp if you are a young person living at home with your parents.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    step 1. go on benefits
    step 2. deal drugs
    step 3. profit
    Actually working at a place like mcdonalds would be better as it will provide you with a wide network of contacts of which to sell drugs too.

My friend used to never be able to find weed. Then he started working for subway and is never without it.

of course, drugs are bad.
    dictated but not read.

I wish someone would show me how to work the system better. I had 4 months of unemployment when the business closed and now that I'm losing my place I look to be losing all other benefits. Until my disability case is settled, having no income or savings or home doesn't qualify me for medicare/medicaid.

All I want to do is be able to work so I can pull as much of my own weight as possible. My incentives are sanity, duty and self-respect. What kind of a man I choose to be is the only thing no circumstance can take away from me. I cherish it.

Work experience is always a plus. If you held a previous job for an extended period of time, your resume will already tell your possible future employees that when you are given a task, you'll also do it. You won't keep even the shittiest ofj obs long if you keep screwing up and mucking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't be silly, chances anyone can get a job "they love" without college/university, is very very low. He is going to university, but he is talking about this 1 year before university.... he isn't going to find anything spectacular.
    Thankyou, best quote of the day.

Personally I hated my 10 years as a florist. I should have TOTALLY got a degree in fine arts and philosophy to make my life and job so much more fulfilling.

It probably annoys you that people who did less education that you can love their jobs but there it is. Still laughing xD

Because without work, without purpose: you die quicker. There's been some studies that suggest simply retiring and not having at least a part time job shears years off your life. Everything has a price, in this case it might be your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailozh View Post
    Hi

So I was about to get a job till I start university next year but I figured out I can get more money just by going on benefits from the state than working at a place like McDonalds etc. Why would anyone spend their time working their ass off when they can get more sitting at home doing nothing?

Anyone else think this needs to change? Now I know why there are so many unemployed that cba looking for a job, I never really realized how much money you could get off the state for doing absolutely nothing.

Is there any incentive to work at all if you have no education to get the high paid jobs?
    With some companies, there are opportunities to turn a shit job into a great job. However, those opportunities are rare and companies tend to hire specific kinds of people for specific positions. A great example is Wal Mart. They'll hire slow/old/injured people to be door greeters, and those people will never have a shot at anything else within the company. They'll hire immigrants/veterans for BSM positions, and those people will never have a shot at anything else within the company.

Typically, they'll hire future managers into starting positions when there are no openings within management, then that person has to wait until someone gets fired, quits, or dies in order to move up. So the reality becomes that most people who ever work have to be happy being stuck in the same job for as long as they can handle it.

The best way to be your own boss? Utilize friends/family to find good jobs where they can recommend you for a certain position, or start your own company. Those are the best options these days for people looking for work. Otherwise, you'll get stuck someplace as an entry level employee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can promise you, I would get FAR more by working than being on benefits.

At 25 I get £142 every two weeks and all they ask me to do is apply for 3 jobs in that time. That always seemed really low to me and I actually WANT to work so I usually apply for anywhere around the 15-20 mark every 2 weeks. Some of them may be jobs I've never done before, like cleaning, some may be high powered managers jobs, it doesn't matter.

The last job I had paid me just over £17k per year. Without even having to do math you can figure out that that is way more than the £142 I get currently. The buggers went into administration... thank you recession.
    I would much rather have a job and pay taxes and work my way up than be sat twiddling my thumbs all day on benefits.
    Not to mention the ~£95 a week you'd get for housing benefit, or the ~£15 a week you'd get towards council tax.

Yes, 17k a year is still more, but it really isn't that much more at all.

You'll get bored really quickly bumbing about for a year, you'll end up spending alot more money trying to satiate that boredom, and end up with less money that you thought you'd have. Get work, don;t be bored, get something to add onto your CV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Pride?

10 chars.
    Pride is a strange thing. Before uni, I was actually very proud about the fact that I didnt have a job and still made more money than the minimum wage workers. Then again, I wasn't just living on benefits either and did my own things from the side but that doesnt really count as work as it was like 1-2 hour a day when I felt like it.

Then again, Im one of those people who just doesnt understand how some people want a job just to have a job. 8-17 job that I cant quit seems a worse fate than hell to me but small time private business where I choose the times and dont have to watch the clock on the other hand is a lot of fun(mostly because I love getting money and spending it though).

Incentive to work? None what to ever, unless you love your job.

I work to get money, money I then spend on stuff that someone else made.
    It goes a full circle. Someone has to work to get things done, otherwise we'd all be laying on the ground naked starving to death.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Pride is a strange thing. Before uni, I was actually very proud about the fact that I didnt have a job and still made more money than the minimum wage workers. Then again, I wasn't just living on benefits either and did my own things from the side but that doesnt really count as work as it was like 1-2 hour a day when I felt like it.

Then again, Im one of those people who just doesnt understand how some people want a job just to have a job. 8-17 job that I cant quit seems a worse fate than hell to me but small time private business where I choose the times and dont have to watch the clock on the other hand is a lot of fun(mostly because I love getting money and spending it though).
    Scandanavia is not really like most of the world though in what it gives out in benefits is actually very substantial. If you tried that in almost every other country you would not have the same effect and would have a very different (worse) lifestyle. Also the workers you look down on are paying for you to do that with the very high tax bill everyone stumps up ^^

Our ancestors fucked up so badly

Before they became slaves to arable farming and the land they was hunter gatherers where once they got what they needed they had all the spare time they needed to have wild animalistic sex and to paint in caves

such a shame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Because without work, without purpose: you die quicker. There's been some studies that suggest simply retiring and not having at least a part time job shears years off your life. Everything has a price, in this case it might be your life.
    And why does that purpose have to be work? Of course if you just sit around bored that might happen but you could do anything else, collect shoes or travel There are lots of better things to live for.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Scandanavia is not really like most of the world though in what it gives out in benefits is actually very substantial. If you tried that in almost every other country you would not have the same effect and would have a very different (worse) lifestyle. Also the workers you look down on are paying for you to do that with the very high tax bill everyone stumps up ^^
    I'm not looking down on them, I just cant understand why anyone would work if they can just not do so for the same or higher income.

Of course there's the "you have to start small" and work yourself up and just suffer through the bad pay period but for example a year before college, it doesnt matter, you quit anyway for college so youre not exactly making any career during that time.

How on earth would you get more money from benifits then working?

Lets say you've just graduated Gymnasium, you are living at your parents(because getting a flat is near impossible in any of the bigger cities atm), the only thing you are eligable to get is the base amount.

This is what the base amount would be
    Livsmedel(food) 1685
    Kläder och skor(clothes and shoes) 550
    Lek och fritid(hobbies) 415
    Hälsa och hygien(health and hygien) 270
    Summa(total sum) 2920

If you can't earn more then that, there is something seriously wrong. Every job on the market will give you more, working 3 days a week will probably give you almost the double. Every single job.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-07-02 at 02:20 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post

Lets say you've just graduated Gymnasium, you are living at your parents(because getting a flat is near impossible in any of the bigger cities atm), the only thing you are eligable to get is the base amount.

Livsmedel(food) 1685
    Summa(total sum) 2920

If you can't earn more then that, there is something seriously wrong. Every job on the market will give you more, working 3 days a week will probably give you almost the double. Every single job.
    If you read my post, then you might have noticed that I didn't just get the benefits but did a little on the side for extra(bought cheap used stuff from e-auctions and such and resold it for profit). I could have easily lived off it but it wasn't official so why turn down the extra money?

If you read my post, then you might have noticed that I didn't just get the benefits but did a little on the side for extra(bought cheap used stuff from e-auctions and such and resold it for profit). I could have easily lived off it but it wasn't official so why turn down the extra money?
    I did read your post, and you make it sound like you actually get more money from being on welfare then working, when every job out there will earn you more money.

This for example, is more then likely to get interpeted as "why work when I can get more money from the State for sitting on my ass doing nothing". While in reality for a young person working will almost always give you more money, more experiences, more friends... etc etc

I'm not looking down on them, I just cant understand why anyone would work if they can just not do so for the same or higher income.

Deleted

Livsmedel(food) 1685
    Summa(total sum) 2920

A friend of mine is "a-kassa". He's got a job now that lasts 5 weeks but it's split over 2 months, 3 weeks one month and 2 next month, he would've gotten more money from "a-kassan" during that period than when he's working.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    A friend of mine is "a-kassa". He's got a job now that lasts 5 weeks but it's split over 2 months, 3 weeks one month and 2 next month, he would've gotten more money from "a-kassan" during that period than when he's working.
    A-kassa and welfare isn't the same thing though, to be eligable for A-Kassa you have to have worked, a part time job like your friend got will always pay more then welfare.

Deleted
    A-kassa and welfare isn't the same thing though, to be eligable for A-Kassa you have to have worked, a part time job like your friend got will always pay more then welfare.
    Yes, I'm aware of that but it stills falls under the term 'benefits' under the english word, does it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Depositing a paycheck with several hours of overtime.
    that's hilarious. even if you get over 30 hours a week at a mcdonalds you get 1 minute of overtime and they tell you to quit riding the clock lmao. anywhere in fact, unless you are an indispensable employee that's needed.