Thread: Hunters pvp?

Hunters pvp?

hello , iam leveling pvp toon and its hunter but tbh i am not reading alot of good things about their pvp so i wanted to ask is it worth it to lvl hunter pvp , i dont care about their skill level being one of the highest i can train and master hunter but what i want to know is if i master hunter , can i beat skillful rogue? skillful frost mage? skillful feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Slahaldin View Post
    hello , iam leveling pvp toon and its hunter but tbh i am not reading alot of good things about their pvp so i wanted to ask is it worth it to lvl hunter pvp , i dont care about their skill level being one of the highest i can train and master hunter but what i want to know is if i master hunter , can i beat skillful rogue? skillful frost mage? skillful feral?
    Equally skilled and geared ,the classes you listed above will outperform you,they lack the pet and mechanics issues hunters have had for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    Equally skilled and geared ,the classes you listed above will outperform you,they lack the pet and mechanics issues hunters have had for years.
    In a BG setting or duel, a well-played Hunter is probably the strongest class in a game, essentially a ranged Rogue.

If you're adding in LOS like that present in arenas (especially nagrand, blade's edge, and dalaran), they're a little above average.

MM with a full focus bar has some of the best, hardest to avoid burst in the game right now, and used properly they have almost as much CC as a Rogue, and nearly as many escape buttons... and all of it's ranged, and either instant or able to be cast while moving. Aimed Shot is the only thing you have to remain stationary to cast, it can't be interrupted like spells, and you're usually only gonna be using it when they're unable to do anything about it, anyway.

I've eaten 60k-70k damage in an Aimed Shot combo (not just AS itself, but also autoshots, instants, etc... all while rooted, frozen, or otherwise unable to avoid it), which is pretty intense when Hunters are very good at avoiding damage and have pretty decent armor/avoidance for a ranged class.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    depends what do you mean beating them.1v1?2v2 arena or 3v3?im atm in beta and hunters are looking really good.better than rogue and feral but fmage will always be frost mage

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I've eaten 60k-70k damage in an Aimed Shot combo (not just AS itself, but also autoshots, instants, etc... all while rooted, frozen, or otherwise unable to avoid it), which is pretty intense when Hunters are very good at avoiding damage and have pretty decent armor/avoidance for a ranged class.
    That's not a lot, when you look at how easily mages can pull it off consistently with shatter combos. Sure, you could say that they have to be in the right position and all, but same goes for the Hunter since they don't get guaranteed crits for everything, whereas shatter 100% ensures it.

As for avoiding damage, they're good at kiting melee, but when it comes to casters, they have little mitigation and defenses. For example, they have no passive damage mitigation, and their biggest CD, detterence, is flawed since dots still tick through it and is considered more of a good thing amongst casters since they can still be taking damage. A combustion for instance, will still continue to tick.