Thread: free websites

free websites

ok, this isn't a fake post or troll post or anything of the sorts. lately I've been bored while trying to find a job, and I've been thinking about it and...well, it would be very beneficial for me to make some websites to build my programming/scripting portfolio up. Especially considering I've not gone to a college, if I try to get a job as a web developer or the likes, I'll need a good portfolio and experience. That being said, I sadly have absolutely nothing in my portfolio at the moment. I use to have dozens (over 50 I think) scripts for the old Invisionfree forums, but that was about 4 years ago now, and those scripts (and the forums I hosted them on) have been lost to the times (they were all JavaScript-oriented, sadly I never completed my biggest project which was an automated shop system). As well, despite having made a few websites, they've also all been lost to the times as they were also done years ago and I never backed them up. I have one website atm, but the coding is a mess and I don't have the data storage information for it, so I'd have to dig around in the coding to piece together how the SQL should work. That's doable, and could be done in a couple hours, but the website itself was for a game studio I had wanted to make (I was making games in Unity3D), which I've kinda put on the back burner for right now.

Anyways, all that aside, I want to make a few (5 maximum) websites to start a portfolio with. There are a few requirements, as these websites will be done for free.

1.) A link to my e-mail will be in the footer of the website. It will say something like "Website developed by <name>. Contact him at <email>". It'll be a simple footer, of course, and won't detract from the overall look or feel of the website.

2.) You must provide all website images. I'm not the most artistic person, I could make banners and stuff quite easily, but they would look unprofessional. If you want any images such as a background image, or a banner, you must provide them yourself.

3.) The website won't be fully-featured (such as, for example, having a fully functional custom forum system will be out of the question, but at the same time, I can integrate a simple machines forum into it). I will dedicate a week maximum to a single project, if that. That doesn't mean 1 hour a day, it could be upwards of 4-5 hours a day depending on how I'm feeling. Of course, I may extend that time a little if I feel the project is worth it.

Those are my conditions. If you're interested, please reply to this post or pm me, and tell me what kind of features you would like for a website, as well as any other details such as color scheme, layout, or etc. If you have a layout in mind, please let me know, as I will likely go with my own intuition otherwise. Even if it's made in MS Paint with the box tool to show what goes where, that's fine, as it's more to work with than nothing (just make sure to name what each part is, such as news section, banner section, links bar, etc).

And I hope this is alright with the forum mods, I'm not trying to extort anyone or anything of the sorts, I've just been needing to build a portfolio and I feel more comfortable with the mmo-c community than some random forum lol.

Websites Made: 0/5

15+ Year Old Account
    So you want to get into web design but don't want to do graphics? Those two go hand-in-hand

Sounds like you more want to be a programmer, in which case ASP.NET and PHP/Phyton/etc. should be what you focus on
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right