Not enough Witch Doctor love in here

Witch Doctor is the only class I've played in Diablo 3 so far, but I've got to say it's pretty solid and a lot stronger than people seem to give it credit for. Playing in a high mitigation/high healing/medium DPS type build, it reminds me of facrolling my Blood DK through PVE content in WoW. Except I get a pack of zombie bears to back me up here! If you're into that kind of thing, I made a video to give an idea of how it works!

(Not trying to claim I'm doing anything new, creative, first, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Definitely need more Witch Doctor love. I'd love to watch your video, but i cannot while i'm at work atm. By the way you summarized your build and i'm curious if it is similar to mine. which is:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...fUd!ZTb!accccZ

I just switched to Firebomb from Locust swarm, Also just switch from Hell to Inferno (yeah i know, about damn time didn't start playing till the first week of June)

Lemme know what ya think, is it similar or way off? Is it terrible or not too bad?

4 out of 6 of our skills are the same, but I'm not sure if our play styles are anything alike. I know Firebomb glyphed with firepit can give some great LoH heals and darts and zombie bears are both great main attacks, but I'd probably choose one or the other.

The build I'm running is really straightforward, and since VQ makes you keep 4 skills on cooldown for mana regen, I'm basically just healing with Rain or damaging with bears and making sure they don't surround me with 20 arcane turrets. =P

Anyway, I think a lot of builds could work for WD as long as you get gear that matches the build. Good luck in Inferno!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...edg!VfZ!acccZc
    This is my current specc and its a lot of fun ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'love WD , it was my 1st lvl 60 , but unfortunately in late hell and in inferno it loses core mechanic of being summoner, which basically makes him wizard/dh ;( Spaming bears/bats is fun for a while, but VQ forces you to use all cd's at random times to have mana regen, which can be rly annoying if you happene to need one of those cd's to survive ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm really hoping they buff the Pets, it really was the whole reason i chose the class. Actually, the original reason was way back when, they advertised the WD as a summoner who can disease or hex their pets to give the pets different abilities. I remember in a early Beta video, the WD would spray poison on his Zombie Dogs and they would now attack with poison. I can easily see why they did away with this, but it was pretty cool none the less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    i'm really hoping they buff the Pets, it really was the whole reason i chose the class.
    Yes, WD needs some heavy adjustments regarding the pets. Having played Nec for years in D2, I miss the meat shields
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I found a 951 dps 1H Witch doctor weapon, needless to say im now power leveling a WD to see what kind of numbers she can do

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    I found a 951 dps 1H Witch doctor weapon, needless to say im now power leveling a WD to see what kind of numbers she can do
    depending on what class you came from you might be disappointed. The way i've found to enjoy my witch doctor is to play a balanced spec. Little bit of survival and a decent amount of damage. It's not going ot be as heavy of a hitter as the DH or Wiz, and it's not gonna tank like a Monk or Barb. WD is the middle ground. Which could be quite awesome if you enjoy that kind of thing, as i do = )

10+ Year Old Account
    Wd look fun, this video has inspired me to give my WD another go and level from 30 onward! BRB for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    depending on what class you came from you might be disappointed. The way i've found to enjoy my witch doctor is to play a balanced spec. Little bit of survival and a decent amount of damage. It's not going ot be as heavy of a hitter as the DH or Wiz, and it's not gonna tank like a Monk or Barb. WD is the middle ground. Which could be quite awesome if you enjoy that kind of thing, as i do = )
    Currently a monk

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    I'love WD , it was my 1st lvl 60 , but unfortunately in late hell and in inferno it loses core mechanic of being summoner, which basically makes him wizard/dh ;( Spaming bears/bats is fun for a while, but VQ forces you to use all cd's at random times to have mana regen, which can be rly annoying if you happene to need one of those cd's to survive ;p
    Exactly. I got mine to 60 but the last 10 levels in Hell were a bitch. I used to play the Necro in D2 and while a WD is no Necro I thought it might still be a decent summoner class.

I hear the pets scale with defensive stats, is this true?

I have 180 hours on my WD and 80 on my barb. I love WD but hate kiting. The frog rain tanking build is really fun, but in terms of dps / speed for farm ect the Barb tank is 100% better (and designed in a great way). You won't die once, faceroll every champ pack.

Played Necro 5 years before starting on WoW as a lock. Right now, WD is no good. Sub-tank class or sub-dps class. As a matter of fact, barbs can dps way more than WD. BUT, WDs are a lot of fun

Hopefully Blizz will fix their bet..hehem..game with pvp patch, making WD the summoning class they should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    I hear the pets scale with defensive stats, is this true?
    All but Vitality and they don't get block from shields. Scaling their HP would be an easy step in the direction of fixing pets. I don't see how Blizz thought it was ok to give them static heath pools
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

didnt think people actually played wds.... i tried one till around 30-36 and stopped.. was still laughing at how my gargantuan and zombie dogs got 1shot by white nightmare mobs and im just like..fk this lol. i guess its good to see wds are still viable even after the zombie bears nerf.

I agree! WD is my main and I'm loving it. It's just too much fun even though the pets die very quickly.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost gave up on mine a bunch of times. I'm not going to switch to a tank doctor build... just not the play style i was looking for from my WD. Currently using a VQ/bat build but not enough gear to get into act3 yet. I'm just sticking with him until they do get the love they deserve.

I see people putting up numerous "budget build" video's with the other classes that are able to clear all of inferno. I'd LOVE to see someone do that with a witch doctor, even if the budget was 1 mil... that would be really impressive. I've watched streams of guys farming A3 or ponies and the gear needed for them to do that is just insane. I still have a blast farming A1 or A2 up to Maghda with Voodoo.