Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The logging on means, pretty much once every 3 days for maybe 25mins, mostly checking for friends..I play other games also, i just have that feeling "maybe they will fix it at some point, dont abandon it completely"
    And how many breaks like this did you take from D2? You only remember the good things from D2 but not the bad. The spam, the loot nicking, the duping and hacking, the breaks you took cause you were bored farming for uniques only to return again a couple of months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    and here i was thinking hardcore inferno was endgame content for the people that felt act 4 inferno was too easy or that the game "ended" too soon.

silly me
    It might be if there were an offline mode. But Blizz decided not to allow that. There's no reason to play hardcore when a random power outage or lag on Blizzard's side can get you killed. There's no challenge in overcoming the lag beast. And thus, little incentive to play this method.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    It might be if there were an offline mode. But Blizz decided not to allow that. There's no reason to play hardcore when a random power outage or lag on Blizzard's side can get you killed. There's no challenge in overcoming the lag beast. And thus, little incentive to play this method.
    While I agree to some extend playing offline Hardcore means nothing when you can just get your character back from a player data backup.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    D2 engame: PVP, ladder, leveling to 99 which made "farming runs" actually leveling runs and even if you didn't get any loot you at least got XP.

D3 endgame: nothing... there will be PvP someday but the way Blizz comments on it, it might not even be live this year.

And there is literally nothing to do in this game right now, people want something to do, anything. Farming items isn't it, that's like reading the same page of a book over and over again.

Is WoW/MMOs in general to blame? Maybe... But regardless, there's nothing to do in Diablo.
    And there is no sub fee, so who cares if there is nothing to do. Put it down, pick up another game, do something else. Every month or so come back and check it out and see if there is something to do. You may even get a craving after not playing for a week or so to just log in and farm Act 1 for a bit. I mean seriously, there is no sub, so you can put it down and not play and you are not loosing anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Ok, how about Dynasty Warriors then. Sheesh, either way, you shouldn't expect an end-game in a game with no sub fee. Games that do offer it, it is a bonus. There are tons of games out there that cost $60, you beat, it's over and you don't expect more. Hell, I'm gonna stick with GTA and Skyrim on this too. Just because you can play D3 multiplayer doesn't automatically mean it should have an end-game.
    You can add as many games to the mix as you want... it comes back to comparing apples with oranges. D3 is a multiplayer game, played online, released in 2012. Lets not forget the game is played completely online (sadly...). Every game you mentioned is a single player, offline game (unless you mean Dynasty Warriors Online... which has end game).

Having no sub fee is completely irrelevant. EVERY mmorpg out there, without sub fee HAS end game. Thats the only way they can keep their costumers interested in the game.

It comes down to: an online game, that lives on keeping their costumers interested in its game, needs some mechanism to prevent boredom. They also have some kind of "bragging system" where the best players can show off. Sport games have online official/unofficial competitions. PVP games release new maps and ranks. MMORPGs have achievements and continuous gear resets. They all give a goal to the players.

Diablo 3 is a online multiplayer game with the longevity of an offline single player game. That is what people weren't expecting...

My only complaint about D3 is the gold. D3 is one giant auction house. There is no farming for items, there is farming for gold. Gold gold gold and $$$$$. The reason D3 is alienating so many loyal costumers that did play D2 is not the noob QQ about any lack of end-game content, it's Blizz's blatant greed.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    -snip-
    I didn't realize that D2 was perfect on launch. You do realize it got patches, an expansion, etc., right? D3 will likely get the same treatment. Why people believe they should be entitled to literally infinite content on a $60 purchase is beyond me. I know I have been spoiled by WoW because I got used to the fact that I could spend literally DAYS AND DAYS on a single character (of which I have eight plus characters doing the same), always having something to do. This WON'T happen for every game you play, sorry guys.

When they don't get it, they go to the forums, rant, and call anyone that doesn't agree a 'fanboy' for defending Blizzard (not saying this is you or anyone particular).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by liothe View Post
    Idiots are to blame, complaining about DRM and inability to play the first few days of release absolutely retarded... do their lives revolve around their PC? have they not heard of the out side world? like i said, idiots....
    Dude its a deserved gripe. If you bought a car at a show room would you expect to drive it days/weeks after? Its about delivering a quality service and its not as if blizzard are lacking in capital, its not as if they are a company that have created a great game and have their servers over loaded out of the blue, they knew it would sell in bucket loads. It had a poor tolerance threshold for capacity. I have over the years started becoming more and more disappointed with them. They were a lot better when they were EU owned (possibly just a coinsidence), However i will still play both wow and D3 in the hope get their standards of quality back up.

As for people lives revolving around a pc. Yes a lot of peoples lives do, due to the fact they can use them as recreation and also my have an office job working at one. Its the way societies in the west are going. They're integral to life now, a shame i know, but true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    One of the biggest arguments about Diablo 3 is there is no "end-game".

Now either, a) These people NEVER EVER played diablo 1 or diablo 2.... or b) WoW / Other MMOs has begun to cloud peoples vision of what Diablo 3 was suppose to be.

A lot of posts I am reading are calling for content patches (something on present in MMOs)... there was a rumor that the PVP patch would be DLC and have a fee... and people freaked out (yet every other non-mmo does this now... CoD... etc...)....

What do other people think? Has other MMOs (mainly WoW, since it gave 1m D3 copies for free, and is a blizzard product) responsible for the poor reviews Diablo 3 is getting?
    Blizzard can't be held responsible for spoiled little kids freaking out because of the bolded section which is all that matters!

If people are hysterical because features in other games aren't in Diablo, they should start playing the other games and stop expecting everything to be the same bland experience!
    It's quite possible on the other hand that kids are so used to be hand held & spoon feed in wow that they expect the same in everything else now.., I can only praise the day they start crying irl for not getting their way when some mature person literally smacks the living daylight of them!

WoW is to blame for a lot of things but not how bad d3 is.

I thought this was pretty relevant

Any poor reviews D3 is getting are simply from the game not being that good. It's a rehashed D2, which would usually be at least a little okay since it IS a continuation to the series and is supposed to be the same game type, but it's 10 years later and improvements beyond graphics are needed.

As far as end game expectations go, it probably is related to the million+ WoW annual pass buyers that got the game and are used to that. Not necessarily "WoW's fault", but it certainly is propagating the idea.

Deleted
    d3 is to blame, makes it own name

It's older games "to blame" for people's anger towards D3. I mean, come on, same Dungeon Siege II has 14 Secondary Quests for Act I only against 10 quests in Act I of D3? Journal with a lot of details (with actual info, not some voice files), solid character development system, polished loot system, a lot of options to experiment with. D3 is example of degradation in all genre's features except graphical.

Also huge difference in playing any ARPG without RMAH and D3. Most people level 20-60 in D3 without seeing single upgrade from drops (except maybe weapons when they get too much outdated) - it is very "exciting" for item-hunting game. Sure, blame WoW, blame whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that D3 has multitude obvious flaws.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-07-02 at 04:58 PM.

What does WOW have to do with Diablo 3's shortcomings? Nothing lol.

diablo 3 is bad, well, because it's bad.

the lack of replayability, the lack of features, and everything else that is wrong, mainly in comparison to Diablo 3.

Nothing to do with WoW, and the topic is just far fetched.

Game cost $60. I got well over 100 hours worth of playtime out of it and will likely play it more at a later date. That's more than I can say for most other games that cost that much.

Since there is no subscription fee, there is no need for a progressive end-game.

my two points to that:
    1. people didn't do their research
    2. people are comparing D2 patch 1.13 and D3 patch 1.03
    IF they'd compare it to the right patch of D2 they'd see that it is far better

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I didn't realize that D2 was perfect on launch. You do realize it got patches, an expansion, etc., right? D3 will likely get the same treatment. Why people believe they should be entitled to literally infinite content on a $60 purchase is beyond me. I know I have been spoiled by WoW because I got used to the fact that I could spend literally DAYS AND DAYS on a single character (of which I have eight plus characters doing the same), always having something to do. This WON'T happen for every game you play, sorry guys.

When they don't get it, they go to the forums, rant, and call anyone that doesn't agree a 'fanboy' for defending Blizzard (not saying this is you or anyone particular).
    the problem is that Diablo 3 lacks basic features or fails on structural issues (game creation by quests? cant swap around acts? lol). Those won't be fixed with patches... nor the linear maps for every zone (except dungeons\bla bla). No, diablo 3 failed.

Diablo 2 had flaws, that were fixed. Diablo 3 is rotten to its core. good luck with that.

Oh, and Diablo 2 wasn't tailored to the AH\RMAH... so, don't even try to compare both. Doesn't matter which patch D2 was at, it was always surely a better game.

Yes, Diablo 3 is good for its 60$ worth.
    No, Diablo 3 won't have close to the replayability\endurance that D2 had..

Diablo 2 is STILL played very actively today, when ladders reset, or when ppl feel for it. Hell, i'll probably play d2 long after d3 is forgotten for the pile of dung it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    WoW isnt too blame, problem is that D3 is just bad
    Exactly this.
    Awful drops, RMAH, always-online, uninspired...

I was expecting something more for Inferno. Like another story about the Nephalem, or a chance to unlock the shadow of Diablo in Act 1 by doing something with the staff or herding, or anything to motivate me to finish the game on Inferno.

Now, I'm just farming Act 2 and 3 over and over again for gold...

- No PvP
    - No runewords
    - No ladder
    - Legendaries (omg WTF seriously, I found 5 of them and 4 were total crap, even a blue of the same level was better)
    - Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting (you can't call it proffessions, it's just a gold sink.)
    - No Horadrim cube for transmutations.
    - White and greys are completely useless. (why do they even drop?)

Anyway, I don't know, the game is fun, but there is something missing. I wanted to play this game for at least 4 months straight, but I got bored after 3 weeks. I was expecting more from Blizzard.

The people on my friends are lost, scattered to the winds! But Diablo 3 will survive, as long as you buy something (from the RMAH)