First time pc build advice for £600

Hi there, Im 100% noobish when it comes to pc builds and what not but I have finally gotten up the courage to build a new pc insted of just walkinh into a shop or ordering online.

I ask for your help please as regards this. I have had the same old pc for up on 7years now.

•Budget £600

•Resolution I have no idea.

•Games / Settings Desired I want to play wow mostly, But I would also like to play swtor on high settings for a change and such graphics games. I would like to at least once see things on high settings without my pc having a heart attack.

•Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) nopes

•Country Wales

•Parts that can be reused I highly doubt anything can be used as it is ~7years old

•Do you need an OS? I would imagine so

•Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? May need a monitor but its bottom of the list atm.

Go easy on me, and pretend that I am quite stupid because if that helps me understand I would appreciate it. I am very much looking foward to trying this out, and expanding my knowledge.

Ok so I have found this build, please tell me what you think about how this would run games such as wow 25man raids- swtor high settings.

MoBo: MSI Z68A-G43 (B3) – $99.99
    CPU: Intel i5 2310 – $179.99
    RAM: G.Skill 1600MHz 2x4GB – $39.99
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7850 - $239.99
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB – $79.99
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W – $69.99
    Case: NZXT Tempest 210 – $54.99

This is coming in below budget, if you have suggestions to change please feel free. also does it look like all these components would fit together?
    Last edited by Jeire; 2012-07-02 at 04:26 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Budget Gaming 550

MoBo: MSI H67A-G43 (B3) – $79.99
    CPU: Intel i3 2120 – $124.99
    GPU: ASUS Radeon 6850 – $149.99
    PSU: Antec VP-450W – $37.99 Review
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic – $39.99 Review
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $553

These are obviously in USD so you have to find a local place to buy them from. Add 70EUR for windows7 and you have your computer

This should run WoW at med-high settings in 25 man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    These are obviously in USD so you have to find a local place to buy them from. Add 70EUR for windows7 and you have your computer
    Generally speaking, 1 USD = 1 Euro = 1 GBP in computer parts because of various taxes. Win7 OEM for example costs the same 99, but that's in € not $.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Budget Gaming 550

MoBo: MSI H67A-G43 (B3) – $79.99
    CPU: Intel i3 2120 – $124.99
    GPU: ASUS Radeon 6850 – $149.99
    PSU: Antec VP-450W – $37.99 Review
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic – $39.99 Review
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $553

This should run WoW at med-high settings in 25 man raids.
    Do not get an Antec power supply. They are garbage. Spend a little extra and get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139026

You can probably get lucky and find a larger Corsair, SeaSonic or Enermax for a good price as well.
    Last edited by Perderder; 2012-07-02 at 04:17 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perderder View Post
    Do not get an Antec power supply. They are garbage. Spend a little extra and get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139026

You can probably get lucky and find a larger Corsair, SeaSonic or Enermax for a good price as well.
    Antec is one of the top PSU manufacturers... please don't give poor information.

Vess,

I wasn't sure of the exact exchange rate because on pcpartpicker I find parts @ about 80% of the value. OP would have to confirm whether or not this would go above his budget.

If you are going to bash a company and their products please elaborate or provide a link. Antec makes excellent powers supplies.

Antec is one of the top PSU manufacturers... please don't give poor information.
    At one point, maybe. Currently you are incorrect. Their PSU's are garbage.

Because YOU say so I guess?

More bad information. OP is on a tight budget. Antec makes great PSUs for the price. Don't bash things just because you like other brands.

Hapylol's build will be perfect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If you are going to bash a company and their products please elaborate or provide a link. Antec makes excellent powers supplies.
    I don't need to provide links as a simple Google search can point you to numerous reviews and experiences with Antec PSU's. Overclock3d.net, Overclockers.com, Anandtech.com, etc.

Personally, I have built 3 camera systems in the past 12 months with Antec PSU's. Each PSU has died. They are hooked to their own dedicated circuit and with a battery backup.

Their PSU's are not good.

thanks so far for your replies I updated post with a build that I found that Came within budget. Can you please have a look to see if it seems to work out for what performance I am after? much obliged

I don't need to provide links as a simple Google search can point you to numerous reviews and experiences with Antec PSU's. Overclock3d.net, Overclockers.com, Anandtech.com, etc.

Personally, I have built 3 camera systems in the past 12 months with Antec PSU's. Each PSU has died. They are hooked to their own dedicated circuit and with a battery backup.

Their PSU's are not good.
    You make it sound as if none of their PSU can even function from your own experiences, 3 in 12 months. If that were the case they would be out of business. Your's probably died due to user error.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    thanks so far for your replies I updated post with a build that I found that Came within budget. Can you please have a look to see if it seems to work out for what performance I am after? much obliged
    That build looks good but it looks way above budget. It also doesn't include windows7 which would be another $100.

That build looks good but it looks way above budget. It also doesn't include windows7 which would be another $100.
    It comes out under £500 which is quite a bit lower than my budget which is nice. I know i would have to get W7 etc but I may have a deal on that. Im just a tad worried and wanting to make sure that it would all parts work as I hope it would when up and running. It is my first time so best to pop my tech cherry with somthing worth it after all

15+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing how ignorant some of you MMO-C hardware people are about power supplies. You tell this guy NOT to get that Antec unit (which is made by seasonic) and then tell him to get a seasonic. HELLO!? How can you give hardware advice and keep a straight face?

Antec's units are made by some of the best manufacturers out there: Seasonic, Delta, Enhance

Stop spreading bullshit advice. Its the same people every time.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    It comes out under £500 which is quite a bit lower than my budget which is nice. I know i would have to get W7 etc but I may have a deal on that. Im just a tad worried and wanting to make sure that it would all parts work as I hope it would when up and running. It is my first time so best to pop my tech cherry with somthing worth it after all
    I apologize I thought it was in EUR. That build would definitely play the games you want @ high-max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj View Post
    Stop spreading bullshit advice. Its the same people every time.
    Let no one claim ignorance.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...ory&ndar_id=24

If you want to put a few more £ in your build I would go for a 2500k, then you can overclock it for even more performance in CPU limited games and applications.
    Or get a SSD, but I guess that is pushing it.