View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Asura of course =P
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know. Considering i will probably begin with a Necro, i need to check which one looks more appropriate, on long term.
    Any suggestion? (i lost 1st and 2nd beta )

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    I really don't know. Considering i will probably begin with a Necro, i need to check which one looks more appropriate, on long term.
    The way that I decided was deciding what I wanted all of my other races to be. When I decided that, the only options my Asura and Sylvari were left with were Mesmer or necromancer out of the professions I wanted to play for my first 5. Decided on Sylvari mesmer as I don't like the thought of an Asura mesmer. If you plan to roll all 5 races ASAP, you may want to do the same. May be easier to decide professions by race instead of race by profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    In a way, every race can be appropriate for a Necromancer.
    • Humans are... well, they're humans. They kinda just do everything anyways, being the most adaptable race of all.
    • Sylvari, being the youngest race, don't really seem to fully understand death, as no Sylvari has ever died of natural causes. They see it, at the least, as part of the natural order of life, and don't really have any social stigma attached to it.
    • Norn are already intensely spiritual, but you may notice that Raven is one of the primary spirits they worship - a spirit associated with cunning, trickery, and knowledge (all the qualities you might want for a Necromancer, or a Mesmer), and is also associated with the Underworld and spirits of the dead. I could see one of the Norn Raven shaman wielding the powers of a Necromancer, easily.
    • With Charr, well... They tend to frown on those who use magic in general, but that doesn't mean Charr spellcasters don't exist. If a tool is useful and powerful, especially on the battlefield, they will not shun it, and I bet that is how a Charr necromancer would view things. They are merely soldiers, weapons, to be used in the service of their Legion. Your average Charr might look down on him, but they would still respect his power, assuming he can earn that respect in the first place. I could easily see a Charr Necro as being part of the Ash Legion, who value subterfuge, cunning, patience, deception, and information above brute force. (and even in saying that, a Charr Necromancer could probably fit in as part of a unit in the Blood or Iron Legions, so long as they value either brute force or ingenuity/technology)
    • Asura are the sort who see a useful tool, where others might see junk. They will do whatever it takes to get the job done, and I imagine they would see the dead as little more than a means to an end. The dead certainly don't seem to mind, the corpses are just lying there in the dirt. This does not mean that all Asura are evil, they simply view the world from the lofty view of an intellectual who is, at times, above petty sentimental notions. So long as it's all for the greater good. To quote a midget from another online game: FOR GREAT SCIENCE!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-06 at 08:07 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Azura forever!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kekekek View Post
    Azura forever!
    assssssssssssssssssssura

damnit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    In a way, every race can be appropriate for a Necromancer.
    • Humans are... well, they're humans. They kinda just do everything anyways, being the most adaptable race of all.
    • Sylvari, being the youngest race, don't really seem to fully understand death, as no Sylvari has ever died of natural causes. They see it, at the least, as part of the natural order of life, and don't really have any social stigma attached to it.
    • Norn are already intensely spiritual, but you may notice that Raven is one of the primary spirits they worship - a spirit associated with cunning, trickery, and knowledge (all the qualities you might want for a Necromancer, or a Mesmer), and is also associated with the Underworld and spirits of the dead. I could see one of the Norn Raven shaman wielding the powers of a Necromancer, easily.
    • With Charr, well... They tend to frown on those who use magic in general, but that doesn't mean Charr spellcasters don't exist. If a tool is useful and powerful, especially on the battlefield, they will not shun it, and I bet that is how a Charr necromancer would view things. They are merely soldiers, weapons, to be used in the service of their Legion. Your average Charr might look down on him, but they would still respect his power, assuming he can earn that respect in the first place. I could easily see a Charr Necro as being part of the Ash Legion, who value subterfuge, cunning, patience, deception, and information above brute force. (and even in saying that, a Charr Necromancer could probably fit in as part of a unit in the Blood or Iron Legions, so long as they value either brute force or ingenuity/technology)
    • Asura are the sort who see a useful tool, where others might see junk. They will do whatever it takes to get the job done, and I imagine they would see the dead as little more than a means to an end. The dead certainly don't seem to mind, the corpses are just lying there in the dirt. This does not mean that all Asura are evil, they simply view the world from the lofty view of an intellectual who is, at times, above petty sentimental notions. So long as it's all for the greater good. To quote a midget from another online game: FOR GREAT SCIENCE!
    Amazing post, this is the kind of answer i was hoping to read. This is how i approach an MMO, not just hair colors

You're right Delias, i'll take a look during creation for what i will feel the best (accordingly to DrakeWurrum's post )

Charr.Gonna be like Blood Elves in WoW.Everyone and their dog is gonna be playing one.
    Asura, mostly due to Felicia Day.

i dont like charr at all it seems like there trying 2 make krogan with hair 2 me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    *Double glare*

Charr.Gonna be like Blood Elves in WoW.Everyone and their dog is gonna be playing one.
    What about Felicia?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    What about Felicia?
    Voice actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    What about Felicia?
    I just don't like her. :<
    SHUT THE HELL UP VERONICA!
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2012-07-06 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the only reason she's famous is because she's one of those "GURL GAMERZ! TEHEE LOOK HOW NERDY I AM!" is what annoys me about her.

Deleted
    She's cute! Have to say I wasn't that much of a fan of "The Guild" though.
    Last edited by mmoc2b9111e302; 2012-07-06 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Voice actor.
    I really didn't know that haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The fact that the only reason she's famous is because she's one of those "GURL GAMERZ! TEHEE LOOK HOW NERDY I AM!" is what annoys me about her.
    Actually, she's pretty damn creative and is a good driving force for women in the gaming industry. Kudos to her for what she's doing, and I really have to disagree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like her. :<
    SHUT THE HELL UP VERONICA!
    this made me an instant fan

The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Atleast make them more different. What they have now just doesn't do it for me personally.
    Maybe lessen the hunchback and give them just a slight female part. Nothing sexual just something to auto tell someone "It's a girl"
    Can't tell if serious...

Are you for real? I'd rather not have wow's insane Sexual dimorphism in this game. The differences are subtle, but they are there.

OT:

The Asura are my least favorite. The girls can be cute for sure, but the whole small genius race is overdone. I wasn't overly impressed with their customization either, I'm hoping ANet added alot more for them & the sylvari.