View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Sylvari - Because i hate veggies.
    Fun fact: Peas are legumes, and are high in protein.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Fun fact: Peas are legumes, and are high in protein.
    My mind has been blown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I thought you said there were only two races.
    There are. It's just one of them is now in 3 pieces.
    They ain't so tall now... >:D

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 05:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    I'd have to say the Asura. I like their attitude and all, but I can't get passed the sheer ugliness of them.
    What in Vekk's name are you talking about bookah?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Its a old marketing campaign for Hidden Valley vegetables

http://www.greengiantfresh.com/brand_history.asp

They used to play these commercials all the damn time when I was growing up so sadly I just cant take em seriously. He had a companion named Niblet and if I where to make one I for damn sure would name it that =P
    Actually, his companion's name was Sprout, not Niblet.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Actually, his companion's name was Sprout, not Niblet.
    Ah yes, right you are. Im not sure where I got Niblet from. Its uncanny how close they are though artistically but then how many ways can you make plant peoples.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT'S ASURA, WITH AND S

A-S-U-R-A

but for me, Norn, while I love the race and their lore and goals, the constant optimistic-ness of them is a tad annoying. But I can see how they can also be others favorite race, but I honestly love them all.

btw, this probably isn't the best thread to continue, too much ease for arguing and off-topic wars.
    Last edited by Rashanda; 2012-07-02 at 11:00 PM.

I dont like the The way tall classes like norn feel so slow.
    I don't like charr based on seeing them run on all 4s in videos.
    Humans are bland and need MUCH better beards. Oh and bowties. Bowties are cool.
    Asura, pure awesome.
    Sylvari remind me of breath of fire 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura. They look hideous. I'm also bored with arrogant and short races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura I simply cannot stand tiny races in videogames no matter what they are doesn't help that the Asura are Fugly.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Historically, I've never liked short or cute races and asuras qualify for both. Though I can see and appreciate the appeal -- just not for me.

I will say that this is the only RPG that I have ever even considered playing a human. Their lore and city is just cool. BUT ... I'll be rolling a NORN as my main (a necro :P).

Deleted
    ...Humans in GW2 are dull? Really? Huh - they seemed fascinating back in GW1 to me. I know "it's still a human" and usually I dislike humans in mmos a lot but they just have really, really nice racial armour.

I really like both humans and sylvari, then asura (sorry, after reading that excerp on the forums about asura torturing sylvari not knowing what they were, I lost a bit of liking for them. They didn't know but I really, really love the sylvari >.> they're so pretty). Out of norn and charr...don't get me wrong I like both. I just have a hatred for playing big, hulking characters which take up half my screen.

Probably leaning towards charr more though, as that running on all fours bothers me and they made Gwen cry (admittedly, grown up Gwen annoyed me, but knowing they turned little Gwen from pre-searing into...*that* whining you know what and inflicted her on us...yep that's my vote. Sorry kitty-bear people, it was a toughie for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Ah yes, right you are. Im not sure where I got Niblet from. Its uncanny how close they are though artistically but then how many ways can you make plant peoples.
    I wish I wasn't right. I wish I didn't know. Knowing about this at all just says one thing. We are old! lol

Really, really, really hate asura, PAthetic race just there because everyone needs a race of tiny useless people. I facepalm when people roll melee classes as Asura which unfortunately people can and will be able to do. Also stupidly stereotyped as "mind over matter" type people that are supposedly so smart that they can physically match some giant norn in melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura with a ‘z’ in poll
    Nothing ado here

Sorta wondering.
    Asura warrior with a greatsword Vs Norn Warrior with greatsword.
    I understand for balance issues they need to be the same reach. But how will they address the short arms of the most hated super awesome race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really like Asura, I'm ok with all the others. May make one out of boredom when I can, but eh.

I would have to say the charr, who in their right mind would want to stand next to them when they are wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You can nots. Bookah.
    What if I promise to not punt Azuras all the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    but for me, Norn, while I love the race and their lore and goals, the constant optimistic-ness of them is a tad annoying.
    I dare say, while the Norn in general do appeal to me, I absolutely loathed this aspect of their personality throughout the personal story. Everything the Norn said just felt.... really, really, really cliche. The Norn personality just didn't feel "real" as a result.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Asura is the most hated one ? Blasphemy!

Norn is the most hated for me, i find both their models and their lore plain boring.