Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Steam summer sales dates and speculation on the next ones.

Let me start by saying that I moved to England a month ago and haven't sorted out a debit card yet and I'm worried that I might miss the steam summer sale.

Does anyone know the dates of previous summer sales or maybe some speculation when the next one might be?

15+ Year Old Account
    The last two have started the last Thursday of June so this one broke the pattern. If you go to their forums there is a massive thread of speculation about when it will start. Supposedly it was leaked by a developer that it would be starting July 12th but the guy backed off that right after saying it claiming it was an error on his part and he heard it from another developer. I wish it would have been this past Thursday like usual.

I don't know, but i really want to Buy Arma 2 and i only have $10 :[ this waiting is killing me.

No idea why it is taking so long, but it's making me sad that it hasn't happened yet, haha.
    I wish that they had a set schedule.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    No idea why it is taking so long, but it's making me sad that it hasn't happened yet, haha.
    I wish that they had a set schedule.
    If they had a set schedule people would hold off on buying games until the sale started, especially older games that generally get knocked down 50-75%. I am hoping that Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition shows up on the sale whenever it comes, because I just won't pay $40 for it, but I will pay $20 if it is up there for that, otherwise I will just wait until it eventually gets to $20.

Meh, crap...I'm going on vacation on the 12th. Wish I hadn't forgotten about the Steam Summer sales. :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Im probably going to go crazy with purchases for games i won't even play :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    This!!!

Last event on Steam, Christmas, i bought 10 games or something like that, played 3 and finished one, ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Meh, crap...I'm going on vacation on the 12th. Wish I hadn't forgotten about the Steam Summer sales. :P
    You can make pruchases from a smartphone!!!

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    This!!!

Last event on Steam, Christmas, i bought 10 games or something like that, played 3 and finished one, ftw!
    I did something similar. GameStop had a buy 2, get 1 free sale in the winter, so I went and bought 6 games on a whim. I've only played 1, and I had already beaten 3 of the 6 I bought. They were just really good games that I would maybe play again, or like to let a friend try (Devil May Cry 4, Bioshock, and Halo 3).

Here's hoping it turns up soon, I really want to get ArmA2 for DayZ.

Yeah, because terrorism is cool!
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    If they had a set schedule people would hold off on buying games until the sale started, especially older games that generally get knocked down 50-75%. I am hoping that Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition shows up on the sale whenever it comes, because I just won't pay $40 for it, but I will pay $20 if it is up there for that, otherwise I will just wait until it eventually gets to $20.
    They don't have a schedule, and I'm still not buying anything until the sale starts. The faster they start the sale, they faster they take all of my money.

Deleted
    another awesome 75% off deal.. this time C&C. Are we even sure there is a summer sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    haha i have like 15 games ive yet to play.. really need to buy all my games as giftables.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I am hoping that Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition shows up on the sale
    I'm also hoping for that to show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fable 3 or somthing similar would be nice ive lost the motivation to finish skyrim
    and just completed Saints row the third and out of options
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Endless space is gonna get released tonight and the next release of a game is on 26th.
    So this gives a good free space for them to throw in the summer sale.
    Will prolly start this weekend, but no one knows for sure .

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys know that there are tons of other companies that are having great sales right now right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You guys know that there are tons of other companies that are having great sales right now right?
    Could you point out some, like 10 or 20 for starters.
    Last edited by mmoc3c5d51e875; 2012-07-04 at 08:03 AM.

If someone's looking to get a second account/start fresh on WoW, vanilla + all expansions are for $30 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Civ V is on sale. That is all I really need.