Thread: Fishing

Fishing

Looking to level fishing is there any quick an easy way with macros or anything in particular is is it manual?

Deleted
    No quick or easy way, when fishing gets to a high level you may want to start doing the fishing dailies and darkmoon faire quests to get those extra point to help you to 525, I actually enjoy fishing and will so more when MoP hits but if it isnt for you dont level it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    No quick or easy way, when fishing gets to a high level you may want to start doing the fishing dailies and darkmoon faire quests to get those extra point to help you to 525, I actually enjoy fishing and will so more when MoP hits but if it isnt for you dont level it. Good luck!
    Cheers, im leveling it for Mop, I want some of the mounts and stuff an it seems that they look like there part of the fishing factions, so don't want to miss out really.

Deleted
    There is a quick and easy way.
    1. look at els anglers guide.
    2. If you are an 85 go get the track fish manual.
    3. then go and fish on either the basis you will level up cooking as well
    4. alternative is to fish level 85 cata fish that cna still be sold i.e fish feasts.

Fish from pools only and you always catch a fish whatever skill level you have all the way to 525

10+ Year Old Account
    I love FishingBuddy. Allows you to cast on a double right click (rebindable I'm sure) and has a ton of useful options like increasing the sound of fishing.

Also, instead of making a new thread about it, I might as well ask here. Anyone know of a fishing add on that plays a louder, more recognizable sound when there's a bite? Leveling fishing on an alt I plan to make my main and DAMN is it boring without a movie on the other monitor. Just been missing alot of catches. =\
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not neglect the boosts from the dailies and the boost from the Darkmoon Faire weekly. I would not call them "quick" but they are effectively free so why not?

It is also worth noting that the fishing skill needed to land in a school is still one, so hit those Guppies and Eels like you mean it! At least those will sell.

I'd take the slow approach and just do all 3 fishing dailies (SW/Org, Shattrath and Dalaran) everyday. I found it to be less tedious and it spreads the levelling to a few minutes each day. The SW/Org one raises your fishing skill. Shattrath gives pets and recipies. Dalaran can also give a pet, a nice amount of cash, epic WotLK gems and various quest items. I'm doing this currently on my mage and got up to ~500 fishing skill with a small time investment.

It won't be the quickest way to level it, but it sure beats tracking down fishing nodes or just standing next to a trainer and catching low level fish. It just adds a bit of an incentive to level fishing. You can also try to catch the Dalaran sewer rat, all the coins in the Dalaran fountain or the Turtle mount (fishing from pools in WotLK and Cata zones).

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I'd take the slow approach and just do all 3 fishing dailies (SW/Org, Shattrath and Dalaran) everyday. I found it to be less tedious and it spreads the levelling to a few minutes each day. The SW/Org one raises your fishing skill. Shattrath gives pets and recipies. Dalaran can also give a pet, a nice amount of cash, epic WotLK gems and various quest items. I'm doing this currently on my mage and got up to ~500 fishing skill with a small time investment.

It won't be the quickest way to level it, but it sure beats tracking down fishing nodes or just standing next to a trainer and catching low level fish. It just adds a bit of an incentive to level fishing. You can also try to catch the Dalaran sewer rat, all the coins in the Dalaran fountain or the Turtle mount (fishing from pools in WotLK and Cata zones).
    I agree with this approach since I have been banking waterlogged recipes. You can also get elixers of water walking, swiftness potions, and vendor goods. I have to be really bored to do the shat daily though to be honest.

If I were to actively grind, I'd definitely do the pools in tol barad as the fathom eel still sells quick by the stack (chance for turtle mount too)

If I were to do the inactive grind, I'd fire up netflix and get the coin achievements in dalaran.

There is no painless way to level fishing, but if you are leveling it you might as well profit, so fish Cata pools (fathom eel or highland guppy) and during Darkmoon Faire, grab of elixirs of water walking and fish junk pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    I agree with this approach since I have been banking waterlogged recipes. You can also get elixers of water walking, swiftness potions, and vendor goods. I have to be really bored to do the shat daily though to be honest.

If I were to actively grind, I'd definitely do the pools in tol barad as the fathom eel still sells quick by the stack (chance for turtle mount too)

If I were to do the inactive grind, I'd fire up netflix and get the coin achievements in dalaran.
    On a low/medium population realm, I've had no problems selling the Waterlogged Recipies for 200-300 gold each (already have the cooking hat, so don't need the bonus cooking awards). I've sold quite a few of them and only had to relist once.
    And yes, it's quite dull to do the Shattrath daily on a class other than a mage. Travelling there takes you through 2 loading screens, followed by a 2 minute flight. Dalaran is easy because of the teleport ring, if you don't mind shelling out a few k gold.

yeah...no easy way>>>>>..........

I leveled up the old fashion way..fishing :/