Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably choose something very practical. I can't think of any major mistakes I'd like to undo, but I'd go back and tell my 14 year old self to just go ahead and take Acutane. They never wanted to give it to me because I already suffered from depression and thought it would send me over the edge. Because of that I had acne till 26 when I finally took the medicine. It cleared it right up and left me no worse for the wear.

Edit: WELL. I clearly didn't read the OP. I'm totally guilty. There was clearly more to this than I had assumed. I thought it was limited to our lives. Mah bad.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-08-10 at 12:54 AM.

The Three Kingdoms period in China, without a doubt! So intrigued by it.

I get the feeling everyone saying "I'd go back in time and destroy humanity before we corrupt the world" would have a problem with someone offing them.

I think I'd like to go back to the time of Jesus... And tell him to write his stuff down himself. I'd bring a King James bible in Aramaic with me to show him why. A lot of suffering could be prevented by not having the New Testament written centuries after Jesus' death.

"Okay; Yosh: This is a voice recorder. That is the on/off button. If you touch it once, the dot lights up. Touch it once more, and the light turns off. Now; listen, this is important: Make sure that the light is ON during every waking hour of your life. Honestly; you'll save the world by just doing that."

Okay; I'll just have to ignore the fact that there would be no platform to replay the words for another two thousand years, and there's always the problem with batteries... But you get the drift.

I would go back to ancient Rome and stop its collapse and prevent the dark ages.

See how many years it puts us ahead in tech.

And I would get them to quit using lead in everything using liquid...
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-08-10 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I would go back to day day when I had my N64 and Ocarina of Time when I was a kid. This was a really special Christmas, if I remember, we had maybe 5 meters of snow this year. I was 12 years old. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    go back 20ish years with my desktop PC, sell it to Microsoft for fucktons of money.

and hey, I also helped advance human computing technology by ~20 years at the same time, go me! I would then put that money in as high of an interest holding account as I could, come back to present time and revel in the awesomeness of my massive profit.... and then buy a 69 or 68 Camaro SS with a blown 327.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-08-10 at 02:15 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I don't know how far I'd have to go back, but I'd like to stop my mom from smoking herself to death. That'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    go back 20ish years with my desktop PC, sell it to Microsoft for fucktons of money.

and hey, I also helped advance human computing technology by ~20 years at the same time, go me!
    They were a bunch of College students that developed it all themselves, that's HOW they got Rich ... They could give you a Candy Bar and a Soda for your Desktop PC...

I get the feeling everyone saying "I'd go back in time and destroy humanity before we corrupt the world" would have a problem with someone offing them.
    Actually if you took enough Ammo, Gun/s etc back it probably would be possible. However the only thing that would destroy that plan ... Is if you killed the Two people who created you BEFORE you had killed Every, Last Person. If you kill them before everyone else, then you cease to exist and boom, plan Foiled. So you would have to find out exactly who birthed you at the start of time/Evolution, which is of course impossible (Unless your a Christian, in which case I guess you'd be proved wrong or right as soon as you travel )
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-08-10 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    They were a bunch of poor College students (And Ex-College Students) that developed it all themselves, that's HOW they got Rich ... They could give you a Candy Bar and a Soda for your Desktop PC...

It's obviously more complicated that that, I would "sell" it to them in exchange for a share of their profits... and with that technology, that profit would start coming in VERY quickly, and would continue to do so for a very very long time. My shares would automatically be deposited into an account under my name.

and btw, in the 90s (20ish years ago) microsoft was doing very well... they made 1.8 billion dollars in 1991, 20 years ago would be 1992(in which they made 2.7 billion dollars), they would have plenty of money to buy it from me with. You seem to not realize how short of a time ago 20 years is...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-08-10 at 02:32 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quite frankly i dont know if i would. I would definitively would like to experiment past experiences again but i dont think i would change their outcome.

Question whatever you take for granted.