Better birth control to control a population that is unsustainable
    Better farming methods in developing and 3rd world country's
    Better water irrigation in developing and 3rd world country's
    Better governments controlling failed country's such as Somalia
    Less greed
    Solyent green

wait scratch that last one

10+ Year Old Account
    Protein resequencers, like in Star Trek.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Deleted
    IDK if this is still the case but I just finished the topic of the great depression for my A2's in England and one historian worked out that if the output of Farms in the US was maximized rather than paid to not produce then the food created from this output would be enough to feed Africa. Not saying it would be possible due to logistics and such but food for thought none the less.

Donations only create more poor people. InB4 someone calls me a German fascist.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

^ that's messed up...

How hungry are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    It's just a figure of speech, not "fish" literally. Just make starving people self sufficient. Don't enslave them to the food we deign to give 'em. Help them grow and irrigate their crops, look after their cattle, etc.
    The funny thing is we export our food trash stuff to Africa and sell it cheaper than their farmers could produce it.
    So they stop buying stuff from their farmers, and they lose their job and there are more beggars... and less and less money and they need more trash from us.

African hunger is created by the first world and only intensified through the culture there.

Deleted
    Sadly Aids already "solves" some nutrition problems...

The problem is a big one and in my opinion also really important, as every human on this planet should be able to live a humane life.
    But practically the problem is too huge and difficult to come by with a simple solution.

For example Africa was exploited by European colonies for centuries and the recovery stagnates, as corruption, drugs, illnesses and general poverty halt a economic boom.

Let them starve to death. Mean I know but at the end of the day it's the only realistic solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Deleted
    Food aid does not work in the long term. If you give away food for free to Somalians then how will the somalian farmer make any money? He can't undercut free.

Therefore he will be unable to invest in machinery to improve his crop yields, unable to hire more people to harvest, have no money to pay for services for his children.

The real way to solve world hunger is for the sub-saharan countries who currently have issues to become more stable, to develop economically so that they can import food when there's a drought. Throwing free food at them is a great way to make them dependent on us for decades. China doesn't grow enough food for itself yet it doesn't starve. Why? Because it has money to import it.

The truth is all food aid has ever really done is hold back these countries. It works out great for us because we produce more food than we need anyway due to subisides, so why not give it away? And it means more farmers grow more cash crops instead, which we can't grow and need for things such as coffee.

I bet a lot of people here think that Africa is some barren wasteland where you can't grow crops. I bet these same people also think places like Saudi Arabia are just complete deserts with no vegetation at all. I won't go into how wrong that is.

Deleted
    There's a law in Biology, that a specific area will have as many individuals of a species as that area can support...
    There are about 2 billion starving people today. A hundred years ago there were 2 billion worldwide and still some people starved. It's not like the earth can support only 5 billion, but the more people you feed, the more they will f*ck, more people to starve.
    My solution: if you're hungry, keep your lil' johnson in your pants (or skirt).

Deleted
    Sandwiches would cure world hunger.

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

and friends who will be taking it to poorer nations to help fight hunger...

http://www.facebook.com/HookedonPonicsFarm

15+ Year Old Account
    my awesome plan of winning awesomeness:

Africa is perfect for growing Rape, turn the WHOLE of africa into one big Rape field to farm the Rapeseed Oil.

Africa sells the Rapeseed Oil to everyone else to use as a sustainable fuel source

Africa uses said pennies to buy food

everyone wins - just need to rich countries to put the cash up front to start it all rolling!

Travel to any country where Hunger is an issue, and you'll see thousands of Tractors and other Farmland Equipment just damaged or wrecked. They got damaged, and they didn't have the skills to fix it and keep it going.

They don't have the technology or knowledge to dig their own wells.

Us going in and doing it for them is helping no-one, and making it worse. Train them, educate them and show them how to help themselves. Give them the security to do it, and the world would have no hunger issues within 10 years. But people thinking their 10p donation or £5 donation is of any use are fools. Your money does nothing, because even if something changes, tribal warfare breaks out over the new resource, people die and it gets in the hands of local terrorists or warlords...

Woaaah it's so easy! Why have no one ever thought of that!

uhm...

probably because it's not a good solution.....
    Last edited by Peruh; 2012-07-03 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    The world produces enough food to feed 11 billion people per year, theres only 7 billion alive. So more than enough for everyone on the earth to eat comfortably each and every year, however we suck at distribution the food equally amongst all countries. So if we really wanted to solve world hunger we need to work on a distribution method that works. However thats far easier said than done.

Deleted
    Only way to solve it is to nuke Africa and all the third world countries. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Colonise them again, get rid of the corrupt leaders and start the long process of teaching them manage their countries - everything from farming to politics.

Keep this process up until all who lived in the pre-colonisation era are dead or retired and then give them their countries back. If they fail at managing their countries again, well their problem.

Ps: Blaming the west for Africa's ills is really pushing it now, they are fully responsible for their own well being. Just look at Zimbabwe or South Africa, once prosperous countries, the former is now economically ruined, the latter is heading there. The worst mistake of West was not the colonisation, but the artificial drawing of borders for decolonisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Colonise them again, get rid of the corrupt leaders and start the long process of teaching them manage their countries - everything from farming to politics.

Keep this process up until all who lived in the pre-colonisation era are dead or retired and then give them their countries back. If they fail at managing their countries again, well their problem.

Ps: Blaming the west for Africa's ills is really pushing it now, they are fully responsible for their own well being. Just look at Zimbabwe or South Africa, once prosperous countries, the former is now economically ruined, the latter is heading there. The worst mistake of West was not the colonisation, but the artificial drawing of borders for decolonisation.
    I agree. We left and things got a lot worse. Sure things like the Apartheid was a negative impact of our strong presence, but things are no better now then they were then. We gave them a chance to run it themselves, they've messed it up, and now they're ruining a large landscape rich in resources. We should take back over, and run the nations properly and become prosperous from them, and of course stabalise their nations.