Thread: 2h frost

2h frost

just having a play with my OS, whats 2h frost like these days with hc gurth? or is still better to go with dw frost bearing in mind i got SD/HoM normal

Your best bet will be going UH. 2h frost is fine but you'll do more DPS with DW and UH in any cases.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Your best bet will be going UH. 2h frost is fine but you'll do more DPS with DW and UH in any cases.

ahh yeh my main raiding spec is still gonna be uh, but was just having a play with my unused OS tis all

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to go play with your OS, I'd go DW instead of 2H right now, until MoP. 2H is just too far behind unless you plan on using that OS for PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Take HC Gurth into a 2H Frost PVP spec and you'll have a great time, if you wanna raid with it, it has to be Unholy or Bloodlols
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

In full BiS, 2H frost pulled 44k on both Morchok and 45k on Ultraxion. Definitely lower than DW, but only by about ~4K. Not so low as to gimp a raid. Probably be pretty tough to rank with it though.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2012-07-03 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DW frost is one of (if not the) lowest dps specs in game. 2H is worse than DW for the most part. I wish it wasn't the case since I like the spec, but it's just so much worse than Unholy. It rly doesnt matter anymore since progression has been over for 4+ months (for me anyways). Play what u like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    DW frost is one of (if not the) lowest dps specs in game. 2H is worse than DW for the most part. I wish it wasn't the case since I like the spec, but it's just so much worse than Unholy. It rly doesnt matter anymore since progression has been over for 4+ months (for me anyways). Play what u like now.
    Wait, what? Are we playing the same game? Bold statement there, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluo View Post
    What part do you take issue with?

Frost is one of the lowest DPS specs in the game. 2H frost is worse than DW frost. Both are worse than unholy. Decent high-moderate level guilds have been done with progression since February. So, nothing he said was inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what your issue is. It's true. Pal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm...

What this guy said. Ok, my experience only goes so far as 5-mans, but my DW frost DK routinely tops DPS meters...and I'm still using the crafted epic axes ffs! (Sorry, can't recall the names atm.) Min I've done was 23k, and considering I'm not in raid gear at all, that's nothing to sneeze at. I'm usually up around 25-28k, depending on buffs and whatnot. (Not counting the ilidan buff in Well of Eternity lol.)

As per the OP: I tried going 2h, wasn't a huge fan. Worked so much better in Unholy. I was putting up similar numbers as DW with a 2h, slightly less, but I really didn't like the feel. Could just be me though.

But again, I don't raid. So I guess my experience isn't valid to the leetists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Come on, 5mans? 30-45 second boss fights and pure trash? Do you look at their spell rotations and breakdowns or gear, those people you're beating? Or how they might be a terrible spec(like, mostly every dot class) for a short burst fight? It's not about being invalid to elites, it's about being valid or invalid in raids.

I honestly don't know where frost sits other than just reading what people say but if you're better than your 4 friends at something that doesn't mean you're actually good or competitive in general.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

Death knights in general aren't that great right now... But yeah frost is lower for most fights. 2H would be even lower...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Erm...

What this guy said. Ok, my experience only goes so far as 5-mans, but my DW frost DK routinely tops DPS meters...and I'm still using the crafted epic axes ffs! (Sorry, can't recall the names atm.) Min I've done was 23k, and considering I'm not in raid gear at all, that's nothing to sneeze at. I'm usually up around 25-28k, depending on buffs and whatnot. (Not counting the ilidan buff in Well of Eternity lol.)

As per the OP: I tried going 2h, wasn't a huge fan. Worked so much better in Unholy. I was putting up similar numbers as DW with a 2h, slightly less, but I really didn't like the feel. Could just be me though.

But again, I don't raid. So I guess my experience isn't valid to the leetists.
    umm...5 man dps is about as irrelevant as it gets (tho test dummy's are close). it has nothing to do with "leetists", if you don't know what you're talking about you dont know what you're talking. regardless of what you do in-game or your sample size (or lack there of). DW Frost is awful right now, 2H is worse. 23k dps is about half of what DW frost does. being bis doesnt double your dps. take that for whats it worth.

Not sure what your issue is. It's true. Pal.
    My truest apologies, sir. I really wasn't aware we were so low. My MS blood, so I suppose I had no room to talk, I also don't do too much heroic. I feel I still do quite well, but I may just be playing with baddies.

Please don't use the top 100 parses in raidbots.com. It's a non-representative sample size. Use all parses. Also, don't use overall DPS, because it allows "gimmick fights" like fire on Alysrazor, etc, greater weight. Use the spec score. This right here is the closest thing we've got to a true non-biased spec ranking.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/

If you want to see elite players, go by individual fights and pick a higher percentile, like the 80th percentile.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Morchok/25H/all/14/60/p80/

10+ Year Old Account
    My truest apologies, sir. I really wasn't aware we were so low. My MS blood, so I suppose I had no room to talk, I also don't do too much heroic. I feel I still do quite well, but I may just be playing with baddies.
    You're completely fine, it's not like raid dps and 5 man dps are comparable either, its just what the spec is capable of at BiS in raids compared to where u are in dungeons with your gear. That was my point, not that u were bad. Lol you have plenty of room to talk, I was just clearing up some misconceptions you had. Honestly you had no way of knowing, so I don't exactly fault you.