Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Raid loot addon question

Is there an addon for dungeons/raids, like LFR, where you can enter the name of loot that you want, and it will then automatically (and with great speed) select "Need" for you? Anything like this out there?

I'm after some items from Dragon Soul for my main Hunter, particularly the Vishanka bow.

I have never heard of anything like that before. But sounds to me it would just be used for AFKing through LFR and would be abused heavily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    I have never heard of anything like that before. But sounds to me it would just be used for AFKing through LFR and would be abused heavily.
    This ^
    Aswell as I would assume this stands under botting aswell. I'm not 100% sure about that.

Sounds to me like the op is looking to afk through fights and still roll on the pieces he wants. I mean...how long does it take to click need when you see something you need. 1 second? People that afk through fights should let my foot meet their ass.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The original intention was to still participate in the fights of course, but have a slight edge when the loot roll comes up. I did find such an addon (PassLoot), but it isn't automated like I thought. It does however, auto-select Need for whatever gear you specify, and you then have to click "Okay/Cancel" yourself.

In any case it doesn't matter now. I stopped playing WoW, very possibly forever, because the Dragon Soul LFR I was in really pissed me off. The stupidity of certain other players NOT following correct strategies (ranged not foccussing on Blackhorn's drake, attacking more than one of DW's spine tentacles...etc) really got to me, as did being constantly ganked by the Alliance whilst waiting to get back into the raid. I just had a gut-full of it!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    The original intention was to still participate in the fights of course, but have a slight edge when the loot roll comes up. I did find such an addon (PassLoot), but it isn't automated like I thought. It does however, auto-select Need for whatever gear you specify, and you then have to click "Okay/Cancel" yourself.

In any case it doesn't matter now. I stopped playing WoW, very possibly forever, because the Dragon Soul LFR I was in really pissed me off. The stupidity of certain other players NOT following correct strategies (ranged not foccussing on Blackhorn's drake, attacking more than one of DW's spine tentacles...etc) really got to me, as did being constantly ganked by the Alliance whilst waiting to get back into the raid. I just had a gut-full of it!!
    you do realise that killing the drake is a waste on anything but heroic. you're better off in LFR/Normal to just zerg the boss. (ps. this is for Blackthorn)

10+ Year Old Account
    The original intention was to still participate in the fights of course, but have a slight edge when the loot roll comes up.
    What? Am I the only one confused by this?

Wha????? How in the heck would that give you a slight edge in any shape or form???? Well unless your AFK or asleep and miss a roll without it.