Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Just sold a 900 dps 1 hander with 150% crit damage for 20 mil. AH is fine for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    On hardcore the AH is quite fine, it's a bit lighter cause of fewer players, but good items do sell. Because of no RMAH. Come join us!
    And constantly lose characters to lag, getting DC'd, random server shut downs or bugs? My lvl 40 WD is higher than all my friends now as they pass me and then promptly get shanked by some poor game design related issue. Think they finally realized it was a waste of time especially when you can find stuff that sells for $ (most of us have already paid for D3 through the RMAH).

Have to agree that the HC AH is a lot more under control, now if only the game mode itself wasn't so pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Just sold a 900 dps 1 hander with 150% crit damage for 20 mil. AH is fine for me
    That's a pretty ridiculous amount of crit, consider yourself blessed by the RNG gods.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Took a few weeks off and came back. Farmed up some ilvl 63 stuff and I was stoked cause I figured that stuff sells well can finally make some gold. Had a amulet with 8 attack speed 125 int and 55 vit and similar ones were for only 25k. Had a pair of gloves with 45 resist all, 140 dex, 50 vit, and attack speed and only worth like 50k. What the hell do I have to unlock that will actually sell? About the only thing I found worth selling is a bracer with +245 armor so 488 total, 59 arcane resist, 77 resist all, and 87 str. I have a bunch of items listed at only 3k with over 100 stat and some random other stuff like resists or a little vit and nothing sells. Did everyone quit or something because a month ago I would have sold all this stuff in an hour. Or do I need 200 stats for an item to sell?
    The game in terms of the AH has definitely peaked and price deflation is starting to set in as players faceroll inferno act 4 with there chars now so no need to upgrade.

I can get 900 dps weaps now with similar stats to what late 700 dps weaps were going for about 3 weeks ago. When guild wars 2 is released it will be very cheap to finish this game and all will realise the AH shortened the lifespan of D3.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    That's a pretty ridiculous amount of crit, consider yourself blessed by the RNG gods.
    It rolled 90 something, which is high, and it had a socket

When it comes to my experience in the AH, it seems mediocre/good items for practically nothing, and awesome/godly items sell for tons. I feel like there is no in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    When it comes to my experience in the AH, it seems mediocre/good items for practically nothing, and awesome/godly items sell for tons. I feel like there is no in-between.
    That is true. I have some gloves with 125 dex, 6% AS, and some resist all. Not selling. At all. Even for 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    I can get 900 dps weaps now with similar stats to what late 700 dps weaps were going for about 3 weeks ago. When guild wars 2 is released it will be very cheap to finish this game and all will realise the AH shortened the lifespan of D3.
    At that point where high end gear becomes cheap(which I also believe will happen) it opens up a whole new aspect of the game: creating goofy builds. There are some builds like WD tank which are so prohibitively expensive right now that only the richest players can mess around with it. Once there's more access to good gear, it'll be a lot easier to mess around with non-traditional builds.

Oh, and you've never needed the gear now selling for 20 mil+ to finish this game. Anyone buying such items has long ago "finished" the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know that many people that are playing currently. That could be part of the reason as well.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

The AH situation has nothing to do with the number of people playing the game, it has to do with the number of people with access to high level gear (i.e. just about everyone now). Pre 1.0.3 only decently geared ranged classes and extremely geared melee were able to farm ilvl 62-63 gear while a vast majority of the playerbase was stuck in a1 which had a cap of ilvl 61. Thus those lucky enough to be farming the later acts had relatively little competition and a horde of players willing to pay tons for any 62/63 gear with average rolls. Now that everyone has access to high level gear the market is flooded which drives down the price of the average rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    That is true. I have some gloves with 125 dex, 6% AS, and some resist all. Not selling. At all. Even for 10k.
    That's cause IAS is old and busted. Need the new hotness of crit % / crit damage. I know that I use all 3 options when searching for gear so if you don't have at least 3 popular affixes on an item it wont even show up in most players searches (at least the ones with money to spend).

Basically it needs 1-3 core DPS stats (primary att, crit % and/or damage) and 1-3 survival stats (Vit, AR, Armor) you might as well vendor it. I've put up a lot of items that don't meet this criteria but still had a few redeeming qualities for 5k to try and at least get more than the vendor out of them and most of them still come back.

Amontoya86 is correct in items either being worth nothing or out of the price range for most players. Would help if 95% of item affixes weren't totally worthless.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    This is correct. The state of the AH economy right now is bad/collapsing. Mid-range/mid-high tier items are dropping in price by the millions every day as more and more people are getting this drops due to new drop rates. This in turn makes it so you need perfect rolls in order to sell something for a decent price. Seeing as perfect rolls are so rare, this makes these items worth 20m+ on the AH while the medium quality gear (enough for act 1/2 inferno) is flooding the market. Everyone is trying to undercut each other on the mid-range gear which is driving the price of such gear into the ground while the 1/100,000 that rolls a 950dps 850LoH 74%crit dmg +socket 1h'r aren't trying to undercut anybody because they know they can get that huge price tag because item rolls like that are super rare and aren't seen as much as a mid/high tier chest with +80 all res, 120 base int, 3os (which currently can sell for 2m tops w/o vit) or some mid-range gloves with 120 dex 6%ias 30% crit dmg (which are now almost unsellable).

TL;DR

More mid-range gear is getting rolled because of new drop rates, so the value is plummeting. Rolling god gear is still like winning a lottery (since you need all perfect affix's in addition to those affix's being rolled high), so those items are still worth 20m+. Cannot tell you how many times I rolled an ilvl63 and been one affix off or one affix's value was too low so it was trash.
    Last edited by Believeinapathy; 2012-07-03 at 07:09 PM.

i think the GAH works fine when it actualy works lol

i put most of stuff i sell for 20-50k, if i dont sell it first time..lower price, if it doesnt go...i vendor it if it worth more then 1400g or salvage it if its worth less (60-63ilvl items ofc)

still didnt have luck with some super great RNG to find a million gold item...but i just finished Act 1 Inferno so i dont bother about it much.

yeah, the problem atm is AH bugs on EU server for last few days, big drop of active players, most of the active players are in Inferno so crappy items are not selling good on AH like in the start and players are now more specific in searching what to buy. But that was to be expect, no suprises there.

I believe the game will get more alive when PvP patch arrives and hopefully they figure out some ladder system...cuz without some kinda of ladder system D3 is doomed in a long run. D2 was still played cuz the ladder system, cuz there was some point in playing and farming....like being at the top of the ladder

Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    i think the GAH works fine when it actualy works lol

i put most of stuff i sell for 20-50k, if i dont sell it first time..lower price, if it doesnt go...i vendor it if it worth more then 1400g or salvage it if its worth less (60-63ilvl items ofc)

still didnt have luck with some super great RNG to find a million gold item...but i just finished Act 1 Inferno so i dont bother about it much.

yeah, the problem atm is AH bugs on EU server for last few days, big drop of active players, most of the active players are in Inferno so crappy items are not selling good on AH like in the start and players are now more specific in searching what to buy. But that was to be expect, no suprises there.

I believe the game will get more alive when PvP patch arrives and hopefully they figure out some ladder system...cuz without some kinda of ladder system D3 is doomed in a long run. D2 was still played cuz the ladder system, cuz there was some point in playing and farming....like being at the top of the ladder
    99% sure they already stated PVP was to be purely casual with no balancing between classes and no ranking system. This seems like a bad idea, since they already took out the ladder like they had in D2 (which I can't understand how they decided to cut that, anybody who played 3+ years out was due to ladder). Just like i don't understand how they cut lvl cap from 99 to 60. Hitting 99 was an accomplishment, ESPECIALLY in HC. Only 2-3 in each class could make it up there in HC, this gave more longetivity to the game through competition and an xp factor after completing Hell. But, different development teams do different things -_-.
    Last edited by Believeinapathy; 2012-07-03 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP the way they plan to implement it wont breath any life into the game or AH. Without a ladder and gear/gold resets it will just come down to how much gold you had for gear. Getting shanked by some DH standing off screen with 120k+ DPS firing tracking arrows into your face is the farthest thing from fun I can think of.

I can't see it driving people to gear any harder then they are already, just now the super rich are rewarded with both easy inferno kills and the ability to kill normies dumb enough to walk into a PVP area. So the AH will remain unchanged outside of a few key PVP affixes selling for 50 million as well.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Believeinapathy View Post
    99% sure they already stated PVP was to be purely casual with no balancing between classes and no ranking system. This seems like a bad idea, since they already took out the ladder like they had in D2 (which I can't understand how they decided to cut that, anybody who played 3+ years out was due to ladder). Just like i don't understand how they cut lvl cap from 99 to 60. Hitting 99 was an accomplishment, ESPECIALLY in HC. Only 2-3 in each class could make it up there in HC, this gave more longetivity to the game through competition and an xp factor after completing Hell. But, different development teams do different things -_-.
    casual PvP.....that makes no sense lol....ppl wanna PvP for the competition. Imagine FIFA World Cup being casual, a friendly competition that its not important to win but to have fun....bullshit :P

well, then they will wonder in 3 months why theres only like 1/10 of ppl still playing. The numbers droped already a lot, but seems since its not sub base game they dont worry like when ie. WoW loses 1-2 million subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    general AH rules:
    - there are no good items on the AH
    - AH items are overpriced
    - good items are on RMAH
    - dex items are insanely overpriced
    Mmm, I dont know about that

Deleted
    Decent items is very cheap - but very good items is absurdly expensive. Upside is that its easy to deck a fresh lvl 60 character out. Downside is that its almost impossible to upgrade your gear from good too exceptionel.