Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Oh fuck, I just heard steps in the kitchen again...oh fuck oh fuck oh fuvk
    Ghosts, they don't exist. You're just freaking yourself out.

Houses make noise (at night), especially old wooden ones. You know, the whole wood expanding/contracting from temperature changes and all. Warm day you say? Not as warm as it was when it was sunny out. The temperature is likely dropping as it usually does from day to night by 20 or so degrees.

Choking while you wake up? Yeah, you're stressing yourself out. It's gonna happen.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    www.reddit.com/r/nosleep

since you're already up
    God dammit. Why the FUCK did I start reading those?
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Runeforged View Post
    Hahaha at least i am glad i was not the only one.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...zajatar/simple
    In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.

dammit why did you have to reply to this post =\ gah

Deleted
    Just smoke a large J and go down before you hit the bed

Whatever you do, don't fall asleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    1. Ghosts tend to use shadows to distract you and/or get your attention.
    2. I'd have to hear them myself, could easily be a ghost though.
    3. Yep, you're fucked.
    Lol this made me laugh. Thanks good sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    As per the shadows. They are very vaguely humanoid, but almost formless. I can look directly at them sometimes. This might sound silly, but it reminds me of the shadow from the old black and white movie Nosferatu.
    That's the glow shadow from a treasure goblins loot bag opening, pinching your money from your pants lying in the corner of the room, if you listen carefully you can hear his suppressed chortling as he/it does it.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Ghosts do exist and if you sleep they will suck out your soul and you will become part of the undead

Also ghosts like to watch you masturbate so you cant be doing any of that either

So my advice would be Be afraid be very, very afraid

10+ Year Old Account
    REALLY?? Another ghost thread? Shortly after the last one was locked? Oh my god..

I think cannibalistic clowns were more believable.

I did the same lol, I suggest the story that starts with the chapter "Footsteps". Legit creeping me out.

Deleted
    Knocks and bumping sounds - old plumming + roaches in the wall, have same problem.
    Woke up coughing - dust, old house = dust
    Odd shadows - anything, trees moving in the wind, got scared once of the shadow of a tree outside because it looked like the shadow of a person.

I belive in ghosts myself, but I doubt you have any with so limited experience of them, it's just an old house.

Deleted
    Paranormal activity, much? Just kidding, it's really just your imagination playing tricks on you.

I was once terrified like hell in the darkness. Until I faced that fear by just standing in the middle of my dark room before I went to bed. I stood there, arms stretched wide and listened to my surroundings. And I told myself that nothing will come to harm me. I did this every night for some weeks. That way I learned to handle this fear and succeeded in defeating it.

Concerning the noises and you choking, there are already some suggestions made as to why that happens. It's really gotta be one of those possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    That's the glow shadow from a treasure goblins loot bag opening, pinching your money from your pants lying in the corner of the room, if you listen carefully you can hear his suppressed chortling as he/it does it.
    You, Sir, have obviously played too much D III.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eleso View Post
    I did the same lol, I suggest the story that starts with the chapter "Footsteps". Legit creeping me out.
    I just got done reading those, crazy.

Now I'm starting to hear a weird beeping noise in my headset. That can't be good
    Last edited by Runeforged; 2012-07-03 at 07:53 AM.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I actually embellished a bit...Ghosts will eat me if I fall asleep (although some of my ancestors were circus performers).

I'm staying at my parents house tonight, it was built during the civil war and many people have died in it. This has plagued me everytime I have stayed here, but so far tonight I have experienced:

1. Odd, moving shadows that have no apparent source
    2. Knocks and bumping sounds
    3. Woke up choking

These are all normal experiences here, and I don't even believe in this sort of thing. That's how bad it is! I do NOT understand what is going on here...

Any Ghostbusters out there?
    1. You're paranoid, you start thinking of something that doesn't exist, your brain will mistake these sound for something supernatural, even though this is your everyday sounds.
    2. Could be everything, Cats, mices, rats w/e you name it. You said it yourself, this is a old house built in the Civil War. Other explanations is that it's a bad construction. Even houses today create strange *knirk* noices.
    3. Bad dream. If you haven't experienced one not sure, really check out your health status. Got any allergic? Dust? Anything.

Clowns, Ghosts or stupid zombies. They don't exist, people do stuff like this for money. If there did exist, don't you think the society or the medias would catch up to it? Really, a incident in some unknown place is not a solid wall of proof. If you really can't sleep, buy a small lamp, turn on some metal, I mean it is crap music for me and shouldn't really be strange if it even scared super natural stuff, really :O shouting etc........ have fun, no ghosts again..

This is though something that happened to my little sister. We where on vacation and she found a friend there. She told her that see can see the future and knows all kind of stuff. Believe it or not, she managed to get the age of me and my brother correctly, my brother wasn't there only I were and I do look a little young. Other from that she found out our cats name, how my brother used to call my cat etc. She said that she was teached by her grandmother that has now passed away. My sister didn't see the girl again, I doubt she had dissapeared just left. Not sure if all this is just a huge coincident or actually true. She did also say stuff that will happen' in the future such as when my brother is going to marry and that my sister will meet justin in february. sick right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Knocks and bumping sounds - old plumming + roaches in the wall, have same problem.
    Woke up coughing - dust, old house = dust
    Odd shadows - anything, trees moving in the wind, got scared once of the shadow of a tree outside because it looked like the shadow of a person.

I belive in ghosts myself, but I doubt you have any with so limited experience of them, it's just an old house.
    I've got to agree with Arnorei. As much as I believe in ghosts and would love if they were far more active, I'm pretty sure you're problems are just because of the old house. Who knows though, it very well could be haunted, especially if it has a history of death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWknbuZxn0

This is what I thought of just seeing the thread title, lol.

It's all in your head, maybe this will help you calm down:

http://www.slideshare.net/thendoking...-we-see-ghosts
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    1. As others have said, your mind playing tricks on you.
    2. Old houses do that, it's caused by the cooling and heating (and subsequent contracting and expanding) if you're living anywhere in the Eastern U.S., there's been some rain lately, so this seems a likely cause of the heating/cooling.
    3. Sleep paralysis, it can be truly terrifying.

Although, I am being a slight hypocrite, there have been times when I was afraid to go to sleep because of some "boogyman" that was going to eat my face off or something. Even now as I'm typing this, I'm getting the feeling that there's someone looking over my shoulder because I'm thinking about it. It's all in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    This is though something that happened to my little sister. We where on vacation and she found a friend there. She told her that see can see the future and knows all kind of stuff. Believe it or not, she managed to get the age of me and my brother correctly, my brother wasn't there only I were and I do look a little young. Other from that she found out our cats name, how my brother used to call my cat etc. She said that she was teached by her grandmother that has now passed away. My sister didn't see the girl again, I doubt she had dissapeared just left. Not sure if all this is just a huge coincident or actually true. She did also say stuff that will happen' in the future such as when my brother is going to marry and that my sister will meet justin in february. sick right?
    Time traveller, I guess.
    Last edited by Runeforged; 2012-07-03 at 08:12 AM.