Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good luck to the people who are successful in applying. I have been interested in applying in the past, and although I visit mmo-champ on a daily basis, (and have since well before my join date), I just don't post anywhere near enough.
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

I'm not eligible or anything nor do I want to be one, but I'm curious, would a moderator be expected to visit other forums on MMO-Champion?

I know you have dedicated moderators for every specific forum, but I've seen other forums (not MMO-Champion) which require their moderators to post in various forums so that they're known. It seems weird but I've seen multiple sites do that.

Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm not eligible or anything nor do I want to be one, but I'm curious, would a moderator be expected to visit other forums on MMO-Champion?

I know you have dedicated moderators for every specific forum, but I've seen other forums (not MMO-Champion) which require their moderators to post in various forums so that they're known. It seems weird but I've seen multiple sites do that.
    You have to be active in the forum you mod -- which is why there is the steep posting requirement to even apply -- but you don't need to be active in other places. The important part is that your forum knows who you are and sees you have an active presence there.

There are some subforums I have zero posts in!
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There are some subforums I have zero posts in!
    Some Super Mod you are! :P

Well, I'd like to apply to Video Game mod, but apparently I don't qualify. ...but I qualify for Sports & Fitness...?!? I post there like twice a week. I don't get that.

Also, is there any chance that we could get some feedback on our rejection? I got rejected last time, and I don't know why. It'd be great to get some feedback, even if it's just a little note such as "Needs more posting", or something like that.

Some forums have higher post count requirements than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Important
    • One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 100 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators. Bigger forums might require more posts (150 to 300)

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well, poop. I still don't understand how I'm able to apply at Sports, though. I have 194 TOTAL posts there, and I can apply. Meanwhile, 963 at Video Games, and I can't. Seems logical. Oh well. *pouts in corner*
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-07-18 at 01:02 AM.

I had a question concerning the application. I'm interested in applying for moderating the Chat Zone, but when I apply it says I don't meet the requirements. Is that because my posts in Chat Zone don't actually count towards my post count even though I do technically meet the requirements since I have 648 posts in Chat Zone? Or is it saying I don't meet the requirements for another reason I'm not aware of?

not good with computers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I had a question concerning the application. I'm interested in applying for moderating the Chat Zone, but when I apply it says I don't meet the requirements. Is that because my posts in Chat Zone don't actually count towards my post count even though I do technically meet the requirements since I have 648 posts in Chat Zone? Or is it saying I don't meet the requirements for another reason I'm not aware of?
    Chat zone requires 300 posts in the last 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Well, poop. I still don't understand how I'm able to apply at Sports, though. I have 194 TOTAL posts there, and I can apply. Meanwhile, 963 at Video Games, and I can't. Seems logical. Oh well. *pouts in corner*
    It counts posts in the last 90 days, not overall posts.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Chat zone requires 300 posts in the last 90 days.
    Gotcha. Thanks.

For those of you a little reluctant to apply, to me being a mod just feels like another sub-community within the site. Spend time on IRC, and just hang out. Yeah, you do mod things, but you also get a lot of friends, and people that will help you out. And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    For those of you a little reluctant to apply, to me being a mod just feels like another sub-community within the site. Spend time on IRC, and just hang out. Yeah, you do mod things, but you also get a lot of friends, and people that will help you out. And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).
    I'll try again, for the fourth time.

I just want to help. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'll try again, for the fourth time.

I just want to help. >_<
    Maybe they just don't like you.
    3:

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Maybe they just don't like you.
    3:
    I've had some missteps in my post history and can fully account for them and admit to them, thus I don't blame them for denying me in the past. I suppose the worst that can happen though is they just say no again and my adventure towards post count farmer titles shall continue. ^_<

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've had some missteps in my post history and can fully account for them and admit to them, thus I don't blame them for denying me in the past. I suppose the worst that can happen though is they just say no again and my adventure towards post count farmer titles shall continue. ^_<
    I was only kidding. Be hopeful, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    I was only kidding. Be hopeful, you never know.
    hehe, I know, but I still felt like replying in the sense of "hey, maybe they've been displeased with you in the past," which they have every right to be, to be fair.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    It says I can't apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honestly, I would apply but I already know with my past history and all my other applications being declined, this one would also be declined.
    FWIW, I even had several active infractions at the time I got accepted. But also remember that if you are a good poster and/or can shape up, you might not be accepted for other reasons. Just because you're being eligble for a forum does not necessarily mean that that forum necessarily has a need for more moderators. Or that there were applicants that were deemed more attractive in the role of moderation, and this does not mean anyone was less attractive, but there were only so many slots to fill. Other issues may be if someone is too heated in discussions or is deemed not to be able to be partial, even if they are a good poster.
    Please note that I'm not commenting on yours (or anyone elses) posting habits or stating these thoughts as facts. I have not followed your posting habits and have no idea if anything or everything I wrote is applicable, I'm speaking in general.

If you think you'd (anyone) do a good job, applying might be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the average turnover time on pending applications? I'm not sure if a month is normal or not >.>
    Moderator recruitment merely just opened. Applications between recruitment waves, if this is indeed what you are insinuating, are rare to be reviewed due to time constraints. Again speaking in general and not definitive or specific terms, of course!

Good luck to all who apply!

Wish me luck guys. I'm the hero this forum deserves and hopefully the one it needs right now.
    Steam
    EVGA GTX 780 SLI , Intel i-5 4670k @ 4.4 GHz, 16g ram, Asus Z-87, Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Corsair TX 850 PSU, Corsair Obsidian 650D, Asus VE278H, Windows 8.1
    Steelseries 7G, Steelseries 4HD, Razer Deathadder, Pioneer SE-A1000, Logitech C310

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Wish me luck guys. I'm the hero this forum deserves and hopefully the one it needs right now.
    We're all the heroes the forums deserve.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple