Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    For those of you a little reluctant to apply, to me being a mod just feels like another sub-community within the site. Spend time on IRC, and just hang out. Yeah, you do mod things, but you also get a lot of friends, and people that will help you out. And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).
    IRC, that takes me back. Pretty much where I spent most of my time on the net from 1999-2003. Didn't matter that I had dialup, and it was great for filesharing (still is I'm sure). The interaction was a hundred times better than Facebook, that's for sure. Even before I delved into IRC, the original battle.net had its own rendition of it too.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-07-18 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).
    Well that's where IRC comes in, so you're not alone anyway. I spent my first few months pretty much alone on my class forum, and it was fine, cause when in doubt I could ask on IRC what to do, or how to handle things. So don't weep for us, class forums are fine
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I'm sorry

My favorite mods are in IRC all the time when they are online, but it is pretty useful to be there at least while you are doing mod related things. Just make a note of a rough idea of your availability in your application.
    I hope you only meant this for Arothand, but in the case of if it matters, I'm available... a lot. If you couldn't tell by my time spent posting on these forums, anyways. :P
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Wish me luck guys. I'm the hero this forum deserves and hopefully the one it needs right now.
    Sorry, full up on heroes.

/flex.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Best of luck to the new applicants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Do I sound like a good applicant? I'm against the following matters
    • Americans
    • George Bush & all the other racists
    • Obelodalix' communism in PVP-forums
    • The Gestapo control of Blizzard in OT-Forums (e.g. discussions about Blizz deleted)
    • Chaud's low tolerance of Intel fan boys in the computer-section

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well that's where IRC comes in, so you're not alone anyway. I spent my first few months pretty much alone on my class forum, and it was fine, cause when in doubt I could ask on IRC what to do, or how to handle things. So don't weep for us, class forums are fine
    Class mods have to be the smartest proest people in that subforum. Otherwise they'd get no respect. Same thing with Obe having to be baller PVPer. Class mods SHOULD be some of the best people on these forums.

I've had so many infractions that I should be a mod to infract myself, saves some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Class mods have to be the smartest proest people in that subforum. Otherwise they'd get no respect. Same thing with Obe having to be baller PVPer. Class mods SHOULD be some of the best people on these forums.
    Nonsense. You have to know the class, and some working knowledge and insight about class mechanics (i.e. you need to actually play the class and realise what changes do) but you certainly don't have to be a "pro" at it. It's much more important that you know how to differentiate between a good post and a bad post, and when to jump into discussions and tell people to stay on topic, and equally when not to be overbearing and let people discuss matters on their own.

There's enough top flight players in the forums that can lead the discussion and do the theorycrafting and make the guides and fill the pages with arguments and counter arguments for us to ever worry about that. We simply need to moderate the forum and make sure those discussion stay on topic and friendly. As long as you are a good moderator and can accomplish that then you can be as casual about your playing as you want.

It would probably surprise you how often class forum moderators play at a low level, play a different class as their main due to raid circumstances, or even not have a running subsctiption for a while due to lack of fun or lack of money. None of it matters as long as you know your class and know how to be a good moderator, and have some posting presence in the forum.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

So... does this pay anything?

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You get paid in love and adoration from the forum community.

Oh wait, no, that's not right.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Im a little retarded so becoming a mod is something i can dream about
    Good luck everyone! You are going to need it! Mwahhaha! >
    Wanna know how the dinos died?
    The slowpokes ate them nuff said
    Last edited by Slowbro; 2013-07-19 at 03:16 PM.
    Hey! Hey! I think i found a rare candy!
    Huh?
    Congratulations, your Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro!

I should re-learn how to play my Warrior and apply for the Warrior forums, because you guys despeately need a mod for there.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/6/6 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver

Good luck, I would love to moderate but I'd have to infract myself too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You'll be worshiped like a god, everyone loves moderators!

Still cant apply lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hahaha this is funny.

In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    Australian Oceanic Player: 6 Year Vet, Multi classit

Just checked for fun, apparently I'm eligible for Warlock and Video Games. Too bad I don't have the time. Or the positive posting history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Good luck to all those who apply, Sadly due to how inactive I've been since I joined(Recently more active then normal thou) I can not apply

Every time I apply it always says I do not meet the requirements. Do I need to be more active? I am on almost every day, just not posting.
    Battletag: Aerialslayer#1331

Quote Originally Posted by Aerialslayer View Post
    Every time I apply it always says I do not meet the requirements. Do I need to be more active? I am on almost every day, just not posting.
    Quoted from the OP:
    One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 100 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators. Bigger forums might require more posts (150 to 300) while smaller forums may require less (50 to 75).

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Quoted from the OP:
    Must've missed that. Thank you Nivis.
    Battletag: Aerialslayer#1331