Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dinolex View Post
    So, you're recruiting volunteers basically...

One would think, with the popularity of this site and your buyout by Curse.com, you'd be able to compensate people in some form. Why would anyone do this for free when you are making money off of this website?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Helping others? I know that would be why I'd sign up. Unfortunately I don't have time.

Is there anyway to change my application? Im elegible for the Monk forums now also which I would love to watch over since im obsessed with the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Is there anyway to change my application? Im elegible for the Monk forums now also which I would love to watch over since im obsessed with the class.
    I would PM Sunshine about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egrus View Post
    I wanted to apply, but i dont have enough posts to do so So much for only post if i can contribute to the discussions and not create "spam" posts / replyes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    I think you should probably consider making the post limit for applying different for certain forums. Especially at the end of the expansion, there simply aren't enough threads on many class forums for anyone posting reasonably to reach 100 in the last 90 days without posting aimlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I have to agree. Is there really a need to have 100+ post on anything. Most of those will be useless short sentences that end up just being a +1 to post count. What you really need is people who read more than they just post on the forums. I am sure there are better ways of seeing someones activity on this forum besides a post count.

I guess its like really do we have to post a reply to a forum that much? Are we really contributing by doing so when realistically we are just in an arguement/just saying I agree with poster number 17. Shouldn't a moderator be more based on reading the forums instead of getting that post count up?
    About one post a day shouldn't be that hard, whether it's helping people with spec and gear questions, writng new opinions on beta builds, etc. We want to make sure you're active before promoting you; otherwise either people disappear instantly or I get tons of angry PMs saying "hey who the hell is this guy telling me what to do". We really want mods to be recognizably good posters before they're promoted.

If you really feel like the limit is too hard for a specific forum, you're welcome to pm me with the forum and reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    If your post history is "I agree", then your chances of getting picked is probably slim.
    Exactly. This is just a first filter to make sure we have active people apply; after that we look in-depth at post history and other aspects to get our final selections. If all of your posts are spam "I agree" types, don't expect to be promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I'd apply, but I think I'm too young to be considered, and I've spent most of my time in the Guild Wars 2 forum lately, so that's the only place I can currently apply for.
    GW2 and others forums need mods as well! Age isn't necessarily a defining factor; you can mention it but we're really looking at post history and maturity on the forums and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I'm so sad. I generally only try to be helpful when I post, so every time mod recruitment comes around I never have the post count to apply.
    You're welcome to use the same URL to apply any time. .

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Yeah, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yeah, PM me.
    Done, Thanks in advance for your time.

15+ Year Old Account
    quite disappointed i'm not able to become a moderator, I read the forums every day but rarely post, maybe I should start posting more

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    It's not that it's difficult to post 100 times in 90 days. It's pretty easy to do that. It's that posting 100 times in 90 days on an inactive forum doesn't really validate anything except bordem and a desire to post as much as possible to reach a number that is satisfactory for becoming a forum moderator.

If I had to guess, that would limit the priest forums to 1 or 2 candidates. Maybe... it could be 0. I don't see how anyone could have posted 100 times between now and May 11th. Nothing has happened!
    I'm in agreement, I appreciate that you want new mods to be recognisable, I hand't even seen some of the ones that appeared for my class last couple of times, but this is a fairly silly way to go about it - There's not that much of worth to talk about.

Why not just get the current moderators to look over the applications and decide amongst themselves?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Good luck to all that apply!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I better start posting instead of lurking without being logged in, I wanna apply someday. =P

Goodluck to everyone applying

Hopefully we will see some lovely old faces with new super powers soon to add to the loverly mods we already have

I really should get to be more active on these forums. >.>

The best of luck to those applying!

I'm tempted to apply again.. but I really need to up my activity. Hmmmm. *Scratches chin.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Best of luck (again? We need a new thread >.<).

If vampires have taught us anything, it's that fresh blood is the most delicious.

Good luck to those that apply !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunary View Post
    Guess I better start posting instead of lurking without being logged in, I wanna apply someday. =P
    Wow, 6 posts in 2+ years! Come out of hiding, don't be shy! lol

I'm the same as you. Most of the time I prefer to just lurk. If a question has already been answered, I don't see the point of reiterating what others have already said. Time to start posting more.

Good luck to those that apply!

And good luck to the rest of us, that we get some good mods!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    But only if the blood uses IRC.
    Indeed. But what sort of monster wouldn't use IRC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed my chance this time around. Got distracted by D3 and haven't posted enough anywhere since then. Maybe next time

Best of luck! You don't know what you're getting yourself into hehehe