Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Good luck again guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We need at least 20 new mods to replace me.
    At least forty.

Don't know why anyone would want to be a mod. Seems like a health hazard from banning all the trolls.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't know why anyone would want to be a mod. Seems like a health hazard from banning all the trolls.
    It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.

To be honest. MMO-C is a business. They earn money with their site, with which i have no problem.
    Mods are maybe not doing the majority of the work involved, but they do something and it is essential as well.

Shouldnt there be a monetary benefit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    To be honest. MMO-C is a business. They earn money with their site, with which i have no problem.
    Mods are maybe not doing the majority of the work involved, but they do something and it is essential as well.

Shouldnt there be a monetary benefit?
    It's not exactly a strenuous activity. You read the forums like you normally would, and do a few mod things here and there. I don't see why we should be paid for doing little apart from normal posting. Though, I'm not saying no if someone wants to give me money for doing this. <.<

ALSO: good luck to those applying!

10+ Year Old Account
    We need at least 20 new mods to replace me. Step up, people, and apply.
    Or a bot that automatically checks signatures.

Question regarding this, are you always expected to be in IRC or on the forums? I'm debating applying but I work 9-5 and while I might get away with browsing the forums once in a while I actually have to do work, and I raid Tues/Wed/Monday nights usually, so I'm not quite sure what the "availability" expectations are for being a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    once in a while I actually have to do work
    I'm sorry

My favorite mods are in IRC all the time when they are online, but it is pretty useful to be there at least while you are doing mod related things. Just make a note of a rough idea of your availability in your application.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Question regarding this, are you always expected to be in IRC or on the forums? I'm debating applying but I work 9-5 and while I might get away with browsing the forums once in a while I actually have to do work, and I raid Tues/Wed/Monday nights usually, so I'm not quite sure what the "availability" expectations are for being a moderator.
    Miss Doctor Lady bear isn't going to beat you if you're not in IRC, but you're expected to be in there as much as you can whenever you're modding. It helps enormously for mod communication. You don't have to be active and chatting all the time, but having it open so folks can ping you is very helpful.

Plus, being in irc keeps chaud from crying. You don't want to make chaud cry, do you?

You're allowed to have a life. You just moderate whenever you would normally be reading/posting. I mean, if you can only do it a couple hours a week, it probably isn't worth applying but you don't have to worry about having a job. Most of us have jobs and family and social lives!
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-07-17 at 03:43 PM. Reason: syntax fail

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, what's the average turnover time on pending applications? I'm not sure if a month is normal or not >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the average turnover time on pending applications? I'm not sure if a month is normal or not >.>
    if i had to guess a month at least
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    We're kinda slow.

Both of my applications (rejected the first time! crycry!) took several weeks. A month probably isn't far off.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

A month is pretty normal, could be up to three months if you apply late after the last wave, as it has to wait for the next one unless we need someone urgently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would apply, but I think my inability to maintain my composure in certain situations would certainly preclude me from a handful of threads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    A month is pretty normal, could be up to three months if you apply late after the last wave, as it has to wait for the next one unless we need someone urgently.
    Is this why my application is delayed? I was told it would take a week but that was 2 weeks ago! I guess you put them on hold because you were going to post about it on the front page?

10+ Year Old Account
    It varies. I spent about 6 weeks waiting, but my mod sign up round coincided with Sunshine being very, VERY busy. I've heard of people that signed up outside the recruitment push waiting longer still. In the end though, if you signed up, and you are a good candidate I'm sure you'll get that PM with your admittance at some point.

Deleted
    But you are super. That means you are at least 20 times more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Is this why my application is delayed? I was told it would take a week but that was 2 weeks ago! I guess you put them on hold because you were going to post about it on the front page?
    There are currently pending applications that go back to early May.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    There are currently pending applications that go back to early May.
    Such a slacker.

Oh, and good luck to those applying this wave.