Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    For those of you a little reluctant to apply, to me being a mod just feels like another sub-community within the site. Spend time on IRC, and just hang out. Yeah, you do mod things, but you also get a lot of friends, and people that will help you out. And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).
    I'll try again, for the fourth time.

I just want to help. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'll try again, for the fourth time.

I just want to help. >_<
    Maybe they just don't like you.
    3:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Maybe they just don't like you.
    3:
    I've had some missteps in my post history and can fully account for them and admit to them, thus I don't blame them for denying me in the past. I suppose the worst that can happen though is they just say no again and my adventure towards post count farmer titles shall continue. ^_<
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've had some missteps in my post history and can fully account for them and admit to them, thus I don't blame them for denying me in the past. I suppose the worst that can happen though is they just say no again and my adventure towards post count farmer titles shall continue. ^_<
    I was only kidding. Be hopeful, you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    I was only kidding. Be hopeful, you never know.
    hehe, I know, but I still felt like replying in the sense of "hey, maybe they've been displeased with you in the past," which they have every right to be, to be fair.
    "A flower.

It says I can't apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honestly, I would apply but I already know with my past history and all my other applications being declined, this one would also be declined.
    FWIW, I even had several active infractions at the time I got accepted. But also remember that if you are a good poster and/or can shape up, you might not be accepted for other reasons. Just because you're being eligble for a forum does not necessarily mean that that forum necessarily has a need for more moderators. Or that there were applicants that were deemed more attractive in the role of moderation, and this does not mean anyone was less attractive, but there were only so many slots to fill. Other issues may be if someone is too heated in discussions or is deemed not to be able to be partial, even if they are a good poster.
    Please note that I'm not commenting on yours (or anyone elses) posting habits or stating these thoughts as facts. I have not followed your posting habits and have no idea if anything or everything I wrote is applicable, I'm speaking in general.

If you think you'd (anyone) do a good job, applying might be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the average turnover time on pending applications? I'm not sure if a month is normal or not >.>
    Moderator recruitment merely just opened. Applications between recruitment waves, if this is indeed what you are insinuating, are rare to be reviewed due to time constraints. Again speaking in general and not definitive or specific terms, of course!
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to all who apply!

Wish me luck guys. I'm the hero this forum deserves and hopefully the one it needs right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Wish me luck guys. I'm the hero this forum deserves and hopefully the one it needs right now.
    We're all the heroes the forums deserve.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

For those of you a little reluctant to apply, to me being a mod just feels like another sub-community within the site. Spend time on IRC, and just hang out. Yeah, you do mod things, but you also get a lot of friends, and people that will help you out. And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).
    IRC, that takes me back. Pretty much where I spent most of my time on the net from 1999-2003. Didn't matter that I had dialup, and it was great for filesharing (still is I'm sure). The interaction was a hundred times better than Facebook, that's for sure. Even before I delved into IRC, the original battle.net had its own rendition of it too.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-07-18 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).
    Well that's where IRC comes in, so you're not alone anyway. I spent my first few months pretty much alone on my class forum, and it was fine, cause when in doubt I could ask on IRC what to do, or how to handle things. So don't weep for us, class forums are fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I'm sorry

My favorite mods are in IRC all the time when they are online, but it is pretty useful to be there at least while you are doing mod related things. Just make a note of a rough idea of your availability in your application.
    I hope you only meant this for Arothand, but in the case of if it matters, I'm available... a lot. If you couldn't tell by my time spent posting on these forums, anyways. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Sorry, full up on heroes.

/flex.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Best of luck to the new applicants.

Do I sound like a good applicant? I'm against the following matters
    • Americans
    • George Bush & all the other racists
    • Obelodalix' communism in PVP-forums
    • The Gestapo control of Blizzard in OT-Forums (e.g. discussions about Blizz deleted)
    • Chaud's low tolerance of Intel fan boys in the computer-section

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well that's where IRC comes in, so you're not alone anyway. I spent my first few months pretty much alone on my class forum, and it was fine, cause when in doubt I could ask on IRC what to do, or how to handle things. So don't weep for us, class forums are fine
    Class mods have to be the smartest proest people in that subforum. Otherwise they'd get no respect. Same thing with Obe having to be baller PVPer. Class mods SHOULD be some of the best people on these forums.

I've had so many infractions that I should be a mod to infract myself, saves some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Class mods have to be the smartest proest people in that subforum. Otherwise they'd get no respect. Same thing with Obe having to be baller PVPer. Class mods SHOULD be some of the best people on these forums.
    Nonsense. You have to know the class, and some working knowledge and insight about class mechanics (i.e. you need to actually play the class and realise what changes do) but you certainly don't have to be a "pro" at it. It's much more important that you know how to differentiate between a good post and a bad post, and when to jump into discussions and tell people to stay on topic, and equally when not to be overbearing and let people discuss matters on their own.

There's enough top flight players in the forums that can lead the discussion and do the theorycrafting and make the guides and fill the pages with arguments and counter arguments for us to ever worry about that. We simply need to moderate the forum and make sure those discussion stay on topic and friendly. As long as you are a good moderator and can accomplish that then you can be as casual about your playing as you want.

It would probably surprise you how often class forum moderators play at a low level, play a different class as their main due to raid circumstances, or even not have a running subsctiption for a while due to lack of fun or lack of money. None of it matters as long as you know your class and know how to be a good moderator, and have some posting presence in the forum.

So... does this pay anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So... does this pay anything?
    You get paid in love and adoration from the forum community.

Oh wait, no, that's not right.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |