Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Im a little retarded so becoming a mod is something i can dream about
    Good luck everyone! You are going to need it! Mwahhaha! >
    Wanna know how the dinos died?
    The slowpokes ate them nuff said
    Last edited by mmoc0d5dc6f168; 2013-07-19 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should re-learn how to play my Warrior and apply for the Warrior forums, because you guys despeately need a mod for there.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck, I would love to moderate but I'd have to infract myself too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So... does this pay anything?
    You'll be worshiped like a god, everyone loves moderators!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still cant apply lol
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Just checked for fun, apparently I'm eligible for Warlock and Video Games. Too bad I don't have the time. Or the positive posting history.

Good luck to all those who apply, Sadly due to how inactive I've been since I joined(Recently more active then normal thou) I can not apply

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I apply it always says I do not meet the requirements. Do I need to be more active? I am on almost every day, just not posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerialslayer View Post
    Every time I apply it always says I do not meet the requirements. Do I need to be more active? I am on almost every day, just not posting.
    Quoted from the OP:
    One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 100 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators. Bigger forums might require more posts (150 to 300) while smaller forums may require less (50 to 75).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Quoted from the OP:
    Must've missed that. Thank you Nivis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You get paid in love and adoration from the forum community.

Oh wait, no, that's not right.
    Actually that's right... unless you're Darsithis... you will get paid with fear and hate from the forum community... but well that's what happen when you're a Killer Penguin

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Actually that's right... unless you're Darsithis... you will get paid with fear and hate from the forum community... but well that's what happen when you're a Killer Penguin
    IDK about that... I find Darsithis to be a sweet little thang. :3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Baekhyun View Post
    It's not though
    It so totally is.

Deleted
    well, for me, i might not seem active by post, but im sertenly on mmo-c many hours a day lol, and i just wish i culd be a mod so i culd ban those jerks there are in here :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    well, for me, i might not seem active by post, but im sertenly on mmo-c many hours a day lol, and i just wish i culd be a mod so i culd ban those jerks there are in here :P
    Yeah, sorry, but the other posters on the forum you would moderate need to be able to know who you are. That means posting enough to have given people a chance to get to know you, and Sunshine a chance to look at your posts to see if you are fit to be a moderator, and know your stuff enough to moderate a forum.

And it's not just being known on the forum either. Moderators are expected to take a leading role in creating discussion by offering up good discussion points, and creating threads with good topics. It's not all just about swinging the banhammer, and that can only be seen if people post!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, sorry, but the other posters on the forum you would moderate need to be able to know who you are. That means posting enough to have given people a chance to get to know you, and Sunshine a chance to look at your posts to see if you are fit to be a moderator, and know your stuff enough to moderate a forum.

And it's not just being known on the forum either. Moderators are expected to take a leading role in creating discussion by offering up good discussion points, and creating threads with good topics. It's not all just about swinging the banhammer, and that can only be seen if people post!
    true that, that's another aspeckt that i cant fit in :P

But tbh, i dont mind not being an mod anyway

its just the "i wish i culd ban him" kinda feeling y'know?

Nonsense. You have to know the class, and some working knowledge and insight about class mechanics (i.e. you need to actually play the class and realise what changes do) but you certainly don't have to be a "pro" at it. It's much more important that you know how to differentiate between a good post and a bad post, and when to jump into discussions and tell people to stay on topic, and equally when not to be overbearing and let people discuss matters on their own.

There's enough top flight players in the forums that can lead the discussion and do the theorycrafting and make the guides and fill the pages with arguments and counter arguments for us to ever worry about that. We simply need to moderate the forum and make sure those discussion stay on topic and friendly. As long as you are a good moderator and can accomplish that then you can be as casual about your playing as you want.

It would probably surprise you how often class forum moderators play at a low level, play a different class as their main due to raid circumstances, or even not have a running subsctiption for a while due to lack of fun or lack of money. None of it matters as long as you know your class and know how to be a good moderator, and have some posting presence in the forum.
    Shhh I was trying to fool people into thinking you guys were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    true that, that's another aspeckt that i cant fit in :P

But tbh, i dont mind not being an mod anyway

its just the "i wish i culd ban him" kinda feeling y'know?
    Well if you want to feel like that then just report any bad post you see. If it really is bad the moderator handeling it will infract the post, meaning you sort of had a direct help in the process. It's not the banhammer itsself, but it's like lighting the bat-signal that will call down the mod wrath.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not only that... but it looks kind of bad if someone wants to swing the banhammer...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Good luck to everyone who decides to apply

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Not only that... but it looks kind of bad if someone wants to swing the banhammer...
    Dunno. I think it's more the WHY you want to swing the hammer that counts. If you want to do it to combat forum trolls and bad posters then it's okay. If you want to swing it for the sake of being able to, for the power it gives you over other people, in other words to use it when it's not supposed to be used, then it's bad I agree.