Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    And that's why there are videos of Win8 running several programs side by side, meant mostly for power users with big monitors. Metro is just a fullscreen taskbar, and it goes away when you're running programs.
    I don't need videos, I tried Windows 8, and hated it. I know I can still use normal desktop but it's pretty clear to me that they plan to replace it with Metro completely over time (or maybe move the whole win32 to Hyper-V). I will not support it with my money, no matter what hacks I can use to disable it.

Besides, ignoring Metro, there is nothing in Windows 8 worth paying for.
    Last edited by mmoc6acb16370b; 2012-07-04 at 10:35 AM.

First, let me say I am a moron when it comes to computers.

Okay, I hate the ugly squares. I hate the font face, I hate the colors. I hate these big ugly squares filling up the whole screen. I dont use any social networking media at all, so I have no use for Facebook and the like. I like using wallpapers. I like the Start Button.

I hate this design on my Xbox. All I see are stupid squares for advertisements, and a tiny one for "Play" to start the game. The only thing I use my console for in the first place. I miss seeing my avatar.

TLDR: I hate the ugly design, I have no need for constant advertisements on my screen. Windows 7 works great for me, and aesthetics matter a lot to me.

Really didn't like Windows 8 from trying it out, no point for me to upgrade when I have Windows 7 by the looks of it!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    The Metrui ui can be largely disabled in W8. Do research.
    What's the purpose of buying a new OS if you have to disable one of it's key selling points because it's absolutely stupid for desktop users. For tablets and those with All In One touch screen based systems, Windows 8 is fine, for the rest of us Windows 7 is just fine.

If I had a computer with a touch screen, I'd be jumping up and down with impatience waiting for Win8 to be released. As I do not possess such a device, I'll stick with 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If I had a computer with a touch screen, I'd be jumping up and down with impatience waiting for Win8 to be released. As I do not possess such a device, I'll stick with 7.
    Pretty much this. Plus then I would have to constantly clean my screen!

I'd have to try it out before I make my mind up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    for the rest of us Windows 7 is just fine.
    I strongly disagree on your notion of speaking for "the rest of us".

I think it's a good interface. You don't have to agree with that.

Wow, just $39.99 to make my PC almost completely unusable. What a bargain...

I just don't get it. Have they bought shares in Apple? They take the completely ruined Xbox interface and try and convince us all to make our PCs like that. And who designed the UI? It makes TBC dungeon gear look colour co-ordinated.

If MS wanted a tablet OS, they should have written one. Apple don't use iOS on Macs. They don't use OSX on the iPad. Know why? Because they're completely unsuitable for the job! All this "hybrid" shit is going to do is make applications that feel like shit on both devices.

I'll really not be surprised when we're still using Win 7 in 2022.