Tips about farming ...

Hi , so as the thread title suggests ...

I need some tips in wherebouts should i be farming for 1h (good dps) weaps ? as in ilvl 63 or so ....Spent countless hours in act 2 , got NONE of it ...not even a ilvl63 weap tbh :/

I tried act 3 , i can solo pretty much up to azmodan on my monk (probably him too , cba to keep playing) and i rly need to find some good dps weap coz my dps sucks atm :/ Im using a 880 1h weap with 725LOH (which is the only thing why im using it ....)

Thx !

880 isn't bad. Most people farm Act 1 or Act 3 for gear. there's many posts here of people explaining their methods.

I've only seen the act 2 method in here , and I m pretty much sick of farming act 2 coz im a bad luck with drops so i went act 3 instead :P

I've gotten a bunch from Act 1, none very good though. Just go Act 1, Cursed Hold and start from Cathedral or somewhere. Packs are easy - wear MF if you want, switch to it also. Go through it, kill Warden, then Butcher. It's really just RNG and the % you value vs. the time it takes you to kill stuff.

i found slap flap.. 865 dps 850 life on hit 300 dex monk fist... sadly i dont have a pic on it but i found it in act 1 off a rare goat mob lol.. ilvl63

sold it on ah.. rng is just rng.. i say clear act1 with pure speed or mf gear.. but speed is most important. a3 is ok if u dont die and kill fast.

Well, goblin act2 Im trying atm to spice it up. Else ive been farming act1 packs + warden/butcher or Seige/packs lately.

Goblin act2 tends to drop Ilvl 60-63 every kill.

Why are people responding to this like he actually has a hope in hell of finding what he wants? You can spend thousands of hours trying to farm up something specific for yourself and never find it. That's not how this game was meant to be played. Farm the highest level difficulty you feel comfortable with. Sell the things you find. Buy what you want. End of story.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I follow this route for act 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0r2E...ature=youtu.be

Only difference is I swing down and check for the Watch Tower after clearing Leroric's Manor. As others have said the odds of you finding an item you actually need are almost zero. After countless farming runs I actually replaced my i57 ring, it gave me a whole +300 DPS. Hellspawn beware!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I found a socketed 860 DPS spear with over 300 int and 120 vitality off some random fallen in act 3, then gave it to my wizard with a crit damage gem. It was a 10k DPS upgrade from the 840 DPS 200 int unsocketed wand she was using prior.

Weapon DPS isn't everything. A perfectly itemized 900 DPS item is better than a poorly itemized 1100 DPS item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what Citrique said. I found a 950 dps mace, with 100 str, 130 dex and 147 vit with LoH and I've been using it forever. Also for my A3 farming route, I usually get the Siege waypoint, get 5 stacks and kill siegebreaker and then continue the rest of the act until I kill Azmo. Its not that fast, but I usually get a bunch of 63s and 62s.