Thread: 30% DS nerf

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    i would say the 30% will come with the PTR going up (but they have announced the PTR soon (tm) but how soon who knows), which would then allow 4-5 weeks for 5.0 to be tested and released on live servers which would then deliver the 35%
    I think 35% is not gonna happen. ICC capped at 30% so im sure thats what they will limit nerf percentages on.
    could be wrong ofcourse but time will tell i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    I think 35% is not gonna happen. ICC capped at 30% so im sure thats what they will limit nerf percentages on.
    could be wrong ofcourse but time will tell i guess.
    they removed the debuff before it hit 35% with 4.0.
    5.0 PTR is coming out soon so I guess the debuff won't hit 35/40%

Quote Originally Posted by Reikk View Post
    25% is plenty of a nerf. People seriously don't need 30%, and if they do maybe they should stick to raid finder. It messes up the challenge for those who want to do normal/heroic raiding. At this point turning off the buff isn't really an option. When it was 5% or 10% you could and it wasn't a huge difference, but now, if you are still progressing through heroics you can't turn off the buff.

They really need to stop. DS is boring as it is without it being completely retard-proof.
    No one cares about challenge anymore, they just want easier farm while they wait for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    At 30% normal DS is going to be easier than LFR XD herw derw
    I dont see anything wrong with that ^^ ppl shouldnt end up just farming LFR, they should atleast do Normal Mode and learn the real fight mechanics that dont even exist in LFR. The problem so far is that they cant Queue for it so that might slow it down.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikkio View Post
    they removed the debuff before it hit 35% with 4.0.
    5.0 PTR is coming out soon so I guess the debuff won't hit 35/40%
    in ICC it was a Buff not a debuff. and till today it still exists so im not sure if u meant the ICC Buff or the DS Debuff being/getting removed ><

Quote Originally Posted by Reikk View Post
    25% is plenty of a nerf. People seriously don't need 30%, and if they do maybe they should stick to raid finder. It messes up the challenge for those who want to do normal/heroic raiding. At this point turning off the buff isn't really an option. When it was 5% or 10% you could and it wasn't a huge difference, but now, if you are still progressing through heroics you can't turn off the buff.

They really need to stop. DS is boring as it is without it being completely retard-proof.
    I don't mean to be snide but as you mentioned 25% is plenty enough for a nerf and more nerfs messes up the 'challenge'. In which case I don't see what you're getting at with "turning off the buff isn't really an option". 25% or 30%, if you're still progressing on heroics at this point then your challenge is to compete with other guilds on the same footing. The challenge and competition in trying to beat DS with 0% is long, long over. If you still want to do it at 0% that's for your guild's own sense of achievement and that can be done after you clear existing content with the current level of nerf.

About the only thing worth mentioning is that the nerf is either 25/30% or 0 and you can't tune it downwards a couple notches to compete at say, 15%, but even so those competitions are also already over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with that ^^ ppl shouldnt end up just farming LFR, they should atleast do Normal Mode and learn the real fight mechanics that dont even exist in LFR. The problem so far is that they cant Queue for it so that might slow it down.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 05:23 AM ----------

in ICC it was a Buff not a debuff. and till today it still exists so im not sure if u meant the ICC Buff or the DS Debuff being/getting removed ><
    chill of the throne (ICC buff) was removed in 4.0 (pre cata expansion patch),I have no idea if they reintroduced it during cata since I haven't run ICC since wotlk.

It didn't make things harder since you could easily pull a lot more dps with the cata talents and reforges.

chill of the throne (ICC buff) was removed in 4.0 (pre cata expansion patch),
    I have no idea if they reintroduced it during cata since I haven't run ICC since wotlk.

It didn't make things harder since you could easily pull a lot more dps with the cata talents and reforges.
    nah i raided in that patch it never got removed unless at some point where i was leveling in cata it was removed / reintroduced.

chill of the throne (ICC buff) was removed in 4.0 (pre cata expansion patch),I have no idea if they reintroduced it during cata since I haven't run ICC since wotlk.

Chill of the Throne (which reduces your chance to dodge by 20%) was removed with 4.0, but the 30% HP/DPS/Healing buff is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    At 30% normal DS is going to be easier than LFR XD herw derw
    it has been since like 10% if you are not pugging it.

i tried pugging madness last week. couldn't get it lol.

misc fact: first 4 bosses and warmaster have approximately the same hp in LFR as 25man normal with 25% nerf.
    Ultraxion still has more in 25 man normal.
    can't be bothered comparing spine and madness hp values cause of all the adds (deathwing himself has about the same hp on madness but you only attack him for the last 20%)
    Last edited by bals; 2012-07-04 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Damn, madness will become impossible without a priest or pally healer if they nerf it even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkwouter View Post
    Damn, madness will become impossible without a priest or pally healer if they nerf it even more.
    *blink* What? Might be the sleep deprivation talking but... no, what?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    *blink* What? Might be the sleep deprivation talking but... no, what?
    i believe he is referring to tanks cds not being ready in time if claws die too fast, so will need more external cds to survive

Deleted
    idd, madness became harder with the nerfs. To many things happening at the same time because of dps being to high, less time for healers to regain some mana and tank cd's not being ready because stuff dies to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkwouter View Post
    idd, madness became harder with the nerfs. To many things happening at the same time because of dps being to high, less time for healers to regain some mana and tank cd's not being ready because stuff dies to fast.
    less damage

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They usually announce it with a blue post, right? There is no blue post.
    Yeah also we full cleared tonight everything still said 25% so looks like it didn't happen
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

to the people wondering if the buff will hit 35-40%, No, they already stated when they first introduced the nerf that it will go up to 30% max., as for when this next (And last) increase will happen, most likely next week.

Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    That is the worst. At this point its like the nerfs are a buff because they mess up timing for everything.
    TBH It has been pretty easy to get them all in one impale for a while at 20% we were doing all 4 and at 10% it was the first 3
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Quote Originally Posted by Antimustard View Post
    to the people wondering if the buff will hit 35-40%, No, they already stated when they first introduced the nerf that it will go up to 30% max., as for when this next (And last) increase will happen, most likely next week.
    Would like a source, please.

I remember seeing 35% on the data mined files. I could be wrong, hence why asking for source.

You could give a 50% debuff right now, and I still probably wouldn't be bothered enough to go back for Spine and Madness.

You can only keep people interested for so long, and that time has truly passed for DS. Last week we went back to finish the FL achievements. Even after failing the tornado test a dozen times, not one person said "I'd rather do Deathwing"...

Quote Originally Posted by Antimustard View Post
    they never said that.
    the debuff goes up to 35% http://www.wowhead.com/spell=109257

i'd say both will get put in. the cinematic for mop is going to be released august 16th which is about 6 weeks away