Thread: 30% DS nerf

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Walking is easy too, yet some people with problems can't do it. Is that reason to remove handicap ramps? No.
    Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. We JUST cleared heroic madness at 25%. My alt guild (they arent alts, just me) just cleared heroic Morchok. People have different pacing. If you've cleared it, grats, a faster run. If you haven't, it helps.
    do you consider your self handicap?

Please be more respectful. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-07-15 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Dragon Soul is the worst raiding tier this expansion. But the nerfs just prove to me that even Blizzard thinks so.
    Which makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Which makes no sense.
    Here, let me do the thinking for you (which apparently no one likes to do around here):

Dragon Soul was uninspired. The instance layout speaks for itself. Easily the worst raid tier this expansion with the worst Lore. Even Firelands had quests that gave a backdrop to the raid (the new Heroics feel so disassociated that even today I don't know what they have to do with Dragon Soul, which parhaps have to do with the time travel bs.)

Blizzard knows this isn't going to keep people playing very long. Few people are going to be inclined to progress through DS once they hit a wall because of how bad the instance is.

This probably has a lot to do with LFR in that "they've seen it. Why should I push myself to 'see it' again, with a few bells and whistles?"
    Hence the nerfs to make them cling on a bit longer. The nerfs I get, it's the timing they placed on it that I'm talking about.
    Last edited by HeedmySpeed; 2012-07-15 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I love those arguments. You could also do normal modes if it's too hard for you, it's probably about 30% easier.
    So you also think that the 30% buff will allow people that fail on LFR DW to do HC DW with ease? Cause that's what people are saying here.

Here, let me do the thinking for you (which apparently no one likes to do around here):

Dragon Soul was uninspired. The instance layout speaks for itself. Easily the worst raid tier this expansion with the worst Lore. Even Firelands had quests that gave a backdrop to the raid (the new Heroics feel so disassociated that even today I don't know what they have to do with Dragon Soul, which parhaps have to do with the time travel bs.)

Blizzard knows this isn't going to keep people playing very long. Few people are going to be inclined to progress through DS once they hit a wall because of how bad the instance is.

This probably has a lot to do with LFR in that "they've seen it. Why should I push myself to 'see it' again, with a few bells and whistles?"
    Hence the nerfs to make them cling on a bit longer. The nerfs I get, it's the timing they placed on it that I'm talking about.
    But in ICC we also had this buff and it stacked also all the way to 30%, even though we didn't have LFR.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-07-15 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    But in ICC we also had this buff and it stacked also all the way to 30%, even though we didn't have LFR.
    I didn't play during WotlK so I don't know when they started the nerfs. Also, I don't know how good/bad ICC was.
    It looksawesome even today but I never experienced it.

It will hopefully help me guild with spine. Though corruptions dies too fast.

He didn't ask you to think for him. He said the statement he quoted makes no sense. On the face of it, it doesn't. You can fill in your opinions expanding on the statement quoted but the fact remains it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden272 View Post
    kara was actually a hard instance, it was fun to progress through it didn't get nerfed to the ground after 1 month of release, kara shits all over DS horrible raid...
    Actually there was some substantial nerfs to shade of aran, netherspite, prince about a month and a half after BC release and some minor tweeks to the whole dungeon around then as well. A few were patches, but alot was hotfixes. Kara was never actually hard but I do agree that it does shit all over DS for replay ability.

Deleted
    People still wipe in ICC, nowadays, with the 30% buff, full group of lvl 85s, in a transmog run. On Lady Deathwhisper, a friend saw it happen last week, raid fell apart.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    People still wipe in ICC, nowadays, with the 30% buff, full group of lvl 85s, in a transmog run. On Lady Deathwhisper, a friend saw it happen last week, raid fell apart.
    ICC? Normal or heroic? 10 or 25 man?

My guild just started running achievements on Thursday and last week we did all of the ICC 10 man normal modes. Everything was BEYOND trivial. I don't know how a group of 85s could possibly fail unless they went in with no healers at all or something extremely stupid.
    And it's not because it was a guild run. Any group of 10 level 85s should be able to completely derp their way though ICC with no problems at all.

Deleted
    25HC, but still....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meifumado View Post
    funny, someone in a pug i was in last night said something about the 30% coming today, but i have not seen any blue on that
    Dragon Soul Difficulty Change - 30%
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Once scheduled server maintenance is completed during the week of July 17, the "Power of the Aspects" spell will grow more powerful, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the Dragon Soul raid by 30%. This spell has grown progressively stronger over time to reduce difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties. It will not affect the Raid Finder difficulty.

If you don’t need the help of the Dragon Aspects, the spell can be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul.

We hope you continue to enjoy Dragon Soul, and that these changes encourage you to attempt a higher difficulty, or just keep pushing to take down that next boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    ICC? Normal or heroic? 10 or 25 man?

My guild just started running achievements on Thursday and last week we did all of the ICC 10 man normal modes. Everything was BEYOND trivial. I don't know how a group of 85s could possibly fail unless they went in with no healers at all or something extremely stupid.
    And it's not because it was a guild run. Any group of 10 level 85s should be able to completely derp their way though ICC with no problems at all.
    the answer to that question is killing the ppl that get mind controlled for the heck of it

Quote Originally Posted by Imoh View Post
    I really don't understand the hate for the nerf, if you're already at 8/8H you should be enjoying the faster clears, who cares what other guilds are doing.
    I agree. People that cleared HC early on have had plenty of time to be special snowflakes. The content is so stale now, I think the idea is that the nerfs will give not so coordinated groups incentive to try to heroic versions rather than quitting until MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    25HC, but still....
    That must be a really bad group then. Our group kills bosses in like a minute most of the time, so yeah, don't get how you can wipe on it.

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    That must be a really bad group then. Our group kills bosses in like a minute most of the time, so yeah, don't get how you can wipe on it.
    the grp kils those that are mcd thats the only way to fail now