Deleted

Alienware Aurora / Dell

Hey all,

I've recently decided to get a new PC. This time a serious decent machine that'll last for atleast a few years. I've been hopping from one pc to another over the last years and it's time i invest in something decent. Because i don't know anything about PC's..and i mean nothing at all, i asked a friend to help me out a little. He made me one on the DELL website and this is what he ended up with.

Alienware Aurora

Processor : Intel Core i7-3820 (4 Core, 10MBj Cache, 3.60Ghz

Videocard: Dual 1 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 555 SLI

Memory: 16.384 MB ( 4 x 4 GB ) 1.6000 MHz QUAD Channel DDR3

Hard drive: 500GB Solid State hybrid-hard drive + 1TB - SATA II, 7.200 rpm, 32MB cache

Soundcard HD with Dolby Digital 7.1

I think this are the important specs you need to look at?

Now i'm better off just looking at dog poo and understanding more of it. So i went to a PC store giving them the paper with all the specs on. They told me it's a right beauty for the price but the downsides are
    - DELL has horrible costumer support, ( they choose when to return their stuff ) ?
    - DELL generally produces bad machines
    - "SLI setup" is not good, and he's had alot of complains about it
    - I'm used to an Azerty keyboard and he told me they only are capable of running Qwerty
    - He has no idea what Quad channel means in the memory section and says its the same as dual.

I'm posting this on MMO champion because i know theres some people here that know alot about this stuff. I've been screwed over alot of times when it comes to a 'gaming' pc and i really don't know what to do now.

The price for this pc is at 1660 euro.
    Anyone here that has an alienware that could give me a little feedback, or just in general if this is a good machine/ setup ?

Any tips, help are highly appreciated

I just got back from another PC store and they made one costum, going for the same specs, some slighty better and they ended on the same price. Everyone recommends me to build my own PC but that is not an option. I do not know anyone that could do that. I don't know anything about PC's. I just go with what they recommend me in the stores.
    Last edited by mmocc916bfc1dd; 2012-07-03 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    1660 euro?????
    really? =O

My advice is to build your own pc. you will get a better pc for 1000-1300 euros than that one.

If you don't know how or just don't have any clue about building one, ask in the dedicated forum here. They also post some setups for various budgets.

This is way better PC and they will build it for you for 20 euro. Can be overclocked and includes an SSD. total 952,71 €. http://www1.hardwareversand.de/basket.jsp

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really need 500gb of SSD? lol and that GPU is a generation behind. My Suggestion is to build your own or have a look at a different pc company that builds them for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    - DELL has horrible costumer support, ( they choose when to return their stuff ) ?
    I only use Ailenware for 1 reason, Employee Purchase Program. With my job I get my last laptop M14x for about $800 ($1400 without EPP) and work pays for up to $500, So a m14x for $300 out of my pocket. Needless to say I've been doing this for the past 6years and I agree Dell CS is a joke.. But Ailenware CS (yes they have a different CS) is by far the best CS I have EVER dealt with regarding anything.

If you buy a Dell you'll spend way more, get less for your money and have less options to upgrade. Building your own is the way to go. Building a PC is not hard todo these days. If you can follow directions putting an Ikea table together you can build a PC.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyq View Post
    Do you really need 500gb of SSD? lol and that GPU is a generation behind. My Suggestion is to build your own or have a look at a different pc company that builds them for you.
    Or 16GB of RAM
    Last edited by neuk; 2012-07-03 at 03:50 PM.