Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Near Split there's the ruins of the retirement palace of Roman Emperor Diocletian, who grew cabbage there.

Aliosha Asanovic was a croatian footballer known for having the "highest elbows" in the world.

As for the country itself its a bit confusing in the 20ties and 30ties. With genocides and counter-geneocides and what-not.

Most other stuff I know relates to the region as a whole during the byzantinian and ottoman periods and it gets fairly hard to distinguish between serbs and croations.... hmm sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I have still a bet going on how long it will last till Croatia and Slovenia will solve the issue at the gulf of piran.
    3 more years and i will be 20€ richer

Quote Originally Posted by lohi View Post
    I know burek and I hear it's really really good. I have croatian wow friend and we have talked some of our countries but I don't remember much.
    Well burek is actually a Bosnian food not Croatia, but tbh it was brought to those parts of Europe by the Turks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well burek is actually a Bosnian food not Croatia, but tbh it was brought to those parts of Europe by the Turks...
    Burek is turkish not bosnian, its eaten in the whole balkans and brought by them.
    Same with baklava and "Cevapcici"

Deleted
    the poor country overpricing the shit out of their tourism so only their loud and smelly inhabitants can enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Failerovski View Post
    Burek is turkish not bosnian, its eaten in the whole balkans and brought by them.
    Pretty certain you mostly agreed with what he said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    since the "R" here serves as a semi-vowel.
    semi-vowel? you guys are worse than Canada ;D

So i bet you never read the entire post especially Brought to those parts of Europe by the Turks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So i bet you never read the entire post especially Brought to those parts of Europe by the Turks?
    Guess im tired, my fault

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much nothing, except that Opatija was very relaxing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I have still a bet going on how long it will last till Croatia and Slovenia will solve the issue at the gulf of piran.
    3 more years and i will be 20€ richer
    By this rate? I'd say up to 10 years
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

Not much. Actually, close to nothing at all. Which is a shame. History study anywhere is too self-centered. People learn about their country's history and some of the most important events of global history, but that's all. I'd rather have learnt more history than a lot of math in high school. I have absolutely no need for anything more than basic math nowadays (art student here) and history is such an undervalued subject. It's so important to understand the world we live in, and most students and even politicians (where I live at least, might be the same in other places) would rather get rid of it. It's very sad

Deleted
    The west supported Croatia during the yugoslav wars

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    semi-vowel? you guys are worse than Canada ;D
    It happens almost never...the only words that come to mind are: rt-cape, vrt-garden, Krk-the island, crta-line, krv-blood,

CEVAPCICI!!! :O

Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian are almost the same language. I know about the war, but mostly from a bosnian point of view.
    Great beaches, nice people, good food, cheap stuff. I personally enjoy Rovinj the most. And I heard you had nice weather for 3 weeks in a row now!

Swede btw

Edit: some words are damn hard to pronounce. Like Mrs, brzo and so on...

Consdering I (...unfortunately >_<) live in Serbia, I know a lot about Croatia, got a few friends there as well. ^_^
    My current Guild Master is from there too.

My neighbor :P we share an almost common language, very similar food, you guys have the awesome coastline and cheap tourism, awesome people, awesome soccer teams, awesome everything.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-07-03 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that your country is quite beautiful, and there are some really nice national parks, like Plitvice. I know that Cevapcici are from Croatia and so is Kruskovac. I've been on a holiday trip to Pag last year and we mainly ate cevapcici and drank shitloads of kruskovac, goddamn, i can't stand that stuff back home, but during holiday... it was nice ^^ We've been at Zrce Beach which is absolutely awesome and I will return there in 2 weeks again for another week and can't wait to get there again ^^ I know that "Dobrodosli" means hello oh yea, and i learned some swearwords down there aswell, but i guess I rather don't post that stuff here ^^ And the coastal road from Slovenia to Pag takes ages, gonna be some nice ~9-10 hours of driving again soon :x

Oh yes, and i am from Austria.

Deleted
    Pretty much nothing. Im thinking about a great football player in the 90s I think, dont remember the name and it annoys me. You had a decent football team in the 90s and Mirko Crocop was a beast some years ago. THATS ALL!

and yeah Im from sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post
    I know that your country is quite beautiful, and there are some really nice national parks, like Plitvice. I know that Cevapcici are from Croatia and so is Kruskovac. I've been on a holiday trip to Pag last year and we mainly ate cevapcici and drank shitloads of kruskovac, goddamn, i can't stand that stuff back home, but during holiday... it was nice ^^ We've been at Zrce Beach which is absolutely awesome and I will return there in 2 weeks again for another week and can't wait to get there again ^^ I know that "Dobrodosli" means hello oh yea, and i learned some swearwords down there aswell, but i guess I rather don't post that stuff here ^^ And the coastal road from Slovenia to Pag takes ages, gonna be some nice ~9-10 hours of driving again soon :x

Oh yes, and i am from Austria.
    Rule 1: ALWAYS learn the swear words first :P its true for any place you go.