Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    3 months til PTR is live @ 5.0.1 and 1 month following for MOP, so 4 months
    They already said the 5.0.1 pre MoP build will only be out for about 2 weeks prior to release, so 3 months and 2 weeks.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Wonder if Free-To-Play accounts have access to PTR... Anyone know?

Holy sheeeet ! September 4th or 11th are looking pretty good for MoP release, now ...

but the classes are not balanced yet....

5.0.1 PTR this week
    5.0.1 Live 31.07.2012
    5.0.3 28.08.2012
    gogogo pandas!

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    It was possible to play 4.0.1 on PTR with trial account so with 5.0.1. should be the same
    Last edited by LukePL; 2012-07-03 at 04:27 PM.

So I have a normal game account, one named as wow1 for ptr, and wow2 for mop beta, yet I still can't use ptr? That seems kinda ehh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    3 months til PTR is live @ 5.0.1 and 1 month following for MOP, so 4 months
    3 months is not "Right around the Corner." They wouldn't be announcing 5.1 coming to the PTR soon if it was 3 months away, I'd put it at a month tops, and even that seems too far away for an announcement. What'd I'd like to ask is how long is a pre-launch patch on the ptr before it goes live, if any reasonable average can be deduced from past events. We already know that release is about 2 weeks after 5.0 is released on Live, so with a little math here and there, maybe we can come up with a better estimate.

So never mind, I realize he meant that the ptr stuff makes it onto live, as opposed to the ptr you know, coming out. Ignore my post
    Last edited by Faerwen; 2012-07-03 at 04:29 PM.

why would you care about the PTR if you have beta access they prob dont want the PTR flooded

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    they have been in the past.
    in cata pre release patch ptr i was able to log on without being subbed
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Pre-orders going up mid august said my game retailer, and are generally always shipping 2-3 weeks after that date :P

Well finally.

They've had the pre-patch migration data up on the background downloader for over a month now :

http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesu...nContent_1.MPQ
    http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesu...nContent_2.MPQ

So If you've still had the PTR installed from the last PTR they did . when you open the launcher for the PTR it would start downloading data

Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    3 months is not "Right around the Corner." They wouldn't be announcing 5.1 coming to the PTR soon if it was 3 months away, I'd put it at a month tops, and even that seems too far away for an announcement. What'd I'd like to ask is how long is a pre-launch patch on the ptr before it goes live, if any reasonable average can be deduced from past events. We already know that release is about 2 weeks after 5.0 is released on Live, so with a little math here and there, maybe we can come up with a better estimate.
    Blizzard's blue post does not say "around the corner". It's OP's words. It does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by LukePL View Post
    5.0.1 PTR this week
    5.0.1 Live 31.07.2012
    5.0.3 28.08.2012
    gogogo pandas!

It was possible to play 4.0.1 on PTR with trial account so with 5.0.1. should be the same
    Lol no! Imagine the conflict!!
    Just no... I know Blizz is very competitive with releases, but that's an overkill!

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Blizzard's blue post does not say "around the corner". It's OP's words. It does make a difference.
    This OP is usually right about such things!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    September 11th? Wouldn't count on it, not because it's too soon, but simply due to the significance of the date.
    It's been well over a decade. Tons of movies, books, games, albums, everything, have been released on that date in the various years since.

Maybe they wouldn't have released, oh, say, Cataclysm, with its trailer of a flying object destroying buildings, on that date (at least not anytime this century), but I think Mists is safe.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

thats very intresting

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Pre-orders going up mid august said my game retailer, and are generally always shipping 2-3 weeks after that date :P
    Pre-orders going up? I've had it pre-ordered for months now :\

Either way I'm hoping for Sep 18th or 25th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LukePL View Post
    5.0.1 PTR this week
    5.0.1 Live 31.07.2012
    5.0.3 28.08.2012
    gogogo pandas!

Nope.

Talent patch PTR > 2 weeks > Talent patch on live + Invasion event on PTR > 2 weeks > Invasion event enabled on live > 2 weeks > MoP Launch.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Pre-orders going up? I've had it pre-ordered for months now :\

Either way I'm hoping for Sep 18th or 25th.
    Being on a list at a small retailer is not the same as pre-orders going live at the biggest retailers of the world.

Deleted
    Fair enough that they want to give people who didn't get a chance to get into the Beta something to do aswell, but isn't it a little odd that you get locked out of something after paying?

Not that i'm personally really bothered about it.. just struck me as odd

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    They'll be testing the 5.0.1 pre-expansion event on the PTR.. you can't do that on the beta!
    Well this isn't Cata that changed the whole world, they can let the pre-event run on the Beta as well, as it takes place in the old world.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's been well over a decade. Tons of movies, books, games, albums, everything, have been released on that date in the various years since.

Maybe they wouldn't have released, oh, say, Cataclysm, with its trailer of a flying object destroying buildings, on that date (at least not anytime this century), but I think Mists is safe.
    Won't be launched on that day, it's an American company so not going to happen 28th of August or 4th of September are the dates.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Well this isn't Cata that changed the whole world, they can let the pre-event run on the Beta as well, as it takes place in the old world.
    Won't happen on beta. Pre-event is scaled for 85, not for 90. It's coming to PTR.