Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Access to 5.0.1 PTR and Mists of Pandaria Beta

Interested in LoL? Curse Gaming House v1.0 and Curse CEO AMA

Access to 5.0.1 PTR and Mists of Pandaria Beta
    Patch 5.0.1 is right around the corner on test realms! It also means that the release of MoP isn't too far either.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We will soon begin public testing of patch 5.0.1 of World of Warcraft, a patch that will precede the Mists of Pandaria release, and includes many features and functions that are new to the game.

We encourage all players who wish to test patch 5.0.1 with us to take careful note of the following:

• It will not be possible to access the 5.0.1 PTR realms with a game account that accesses the Mists of Pandaria Beta.
    • If a game account has been flagged with a Mists of Pandaria Beta license, it can only be used to enter Beta realms.
    • This limitation is on each World of Warcraft license, and is not Battle.net account-based.
    • While testing 5.0.1, players will not be able to access zones or content that is a part of the Mists of Pandaria expansion.

Thank you for your continued support of our testing and tuning process. We look forward to seeing you in-game.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-07-03 at 11:55 PM.

So happy for this; how long can we expect between PTR and live?

hells yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    By all that is holy! (c)

So nobody with the annual pass can go on the PTR..? D:

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exciting stuff. I wonder how balanced things will feel.

3 months til PTR is live @ 5.0.1 and 1 month following for MOP, so 4 months

Why does this sound like the PTR and Beta logins will access the same game servers?

Good thing I didn't sign up to the AP then. Being able to use my brother's Beta and my own for this ftw.

Well, I guess this means a release date is not far off!

Deleted
    I still dont get this....what kind of account do you need to acces 5.0.1?

Deleted
    Praise the Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    So nobody with the annual pass can go on the PTR..? D:
    Technically, you are correct. If you don't have a second account in some capacity, you will not be able to playtest the 5.0.1 PTR. Keep in mind, though that you really can if you want, just go on the beta with an 85 toon and lock his/her experience. then get some groups with others like that and run Cata content. Bam, same diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Technically, you are correct. If you don't have a second account in some capacity, you will not be able to playtest the 5.0.1 PTR. Keep in mind, though that you really can if you want, just go on the beta with an 85 toon and lock his/her experience. then get some groups with others like that and run Cata content. Bam, same diff.
    That isn't really true!

They'll be testing the 5.0.1 pre-expansion event on the PTR.. you can't do that on the beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    That isn't really true!

They'll be testing the 5.0.1 pre-expansion event on the PTR.. you can't do that on the beta!
    Good point, I hadn't considered that. /shrug oh well. I'm sure plenty of us will post about it here.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There you guys go. Those not in Beta can at least test the new talents.

nice news I dont care if its 1-4 months to MoP, i just want a game with as few bugs as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a nice way to do it to give people who didn't get to play the beta something to test as well. I'm in the beta, so no PTR for me, but I already have plenty to do in here as it is.