Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This entire premise of the this thread is facepalm-worthy. Everything will always be (relatively) balanced, it doesn't matter what Blizzard does or doesn't "nerf", there is always something to compensate if necessary.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Moonkin right now without legendary staff and dark intent is the least single target DPS right now in the game besides a frost mage. If you don't have dark intent and legendary staff right now as moonkin if you put any class and spec in the game against you that knows their class equally like you (assuming you're about 400 ilvl) you will get out dpsed like every time...

You need to read more carefully i said legendary and dark intent is about a 6k DPS increase. Maybe in the 4-6k range depending on the individual i suppose. The thing you arent understanding is that shadowpriests don't NEED dark intent to do competitive single target DPS and are you kidding me about the healing in form thing? We are getting like a couple heals we can do in form and its not going to impact PvE AT ALL. You make it seem like us switching in and out of form is a 3minute cooldown and the brez thing come on this isnt wotlk warlocks and death knights can battle rez so especially in 10 man our rebirth wouldn't really be something that would be worth bringing a resto druid into raid if we were sub par.
    Ya couple of heals isn't going to impact pve at all....... *note extreme sarcasm*have you done hard modes? also you do know you have a talent dream of cenarius that increases your next damaging spell by 70% when you cast a heal?

And no.... di + legendary still doesn't equal 6k dps, also shadowpriests "need" di just about as much as boomkins. Making di a raidwide buff was a good choice it doesn't make people feel excluded so people like you can't say "wtf I would've totally done 20k more dps on madness with di wtf lock". <<<<exactly what people don't want

I agree moonkins need some love in mop and they're getting TONS of it. I'd respect this post more if you were testing on beta and this wasn't based around the loss of di...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    also shadowpriests "need" di just about as much as boomkins.
    Actually that is not true, Boomkins gain more dps from DI especially when the SP has 4 set (spamming MS and having no dots up during SF) thus also increasing the warlocks dps. Shadowpriests also do much more dps single target than boomkins if they both have no DI.

TLDR: No

But i do agree that removing DI as a personal buff is great. And i do think moonkins will do great dps in tier 14 both single target and multi target.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    when the SP has 4 set (spamming MS and having no dots up during SF)
    Pretty sure priests don't actually do that in a patchwerk rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Pretty sure priests don't actually do that in a patchwerk rotation.
    Ok, well i don't know what to tell you. But you are wrong, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Ok, well i don't know what to tell you. But you are wrong, they do.
    Considering it's a 750 DPS loss in BiS gear I would sure hope they don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamey View Post
    Having played a boomkin on the beta ( my main on live ) there alot more fun and alot better at single target dps, the cooldowns we have now also allow us to get our the burst we never had and Faerie fire i feel will seperate the best and the bottom boomkins come MoP, but no, were not sub par, we are one of the top dps there is so far.
    If Fae Empowerment stays the way it is it will seperate the lucky and the unlucky ones ;P

BTT: Moonkin single target dps is fine in MoP. We loose Insect swarm but eclipse-cycles go faster. We also get a nice burst CD. I tested some Beta Raidencounters and could allways compete with the other classes, except warlock (140k dps lock is just sick O.o )

If they did a pure MS rotation, maybe. The actual rotation is a tad more complicated and a DPS gain.

Deleted
    Well don't want this to turn into an arguement about shadowpriest rotation. But they do infact cast mindspike during shadowfiend thus removing thier dots and it is a dps increase. I don't know where you're getting your information form but it's wrong.

Okay you guys aren't really understanding what I said originally. I'm not saying that BECAUSE of the loss of dark intent and legendary staff moonkin is going to be sub par. I'm just automatically making the assumption that moonkin will be sub par so that people can tell me what spells (such as dark intent in live) could possibly increase our DPS in MoP.

Obviously going to in an expansion blizzard resets ALL of the numbers and starts from scratch so lets just say the numbers come up and moonkin once again falls short. Since we won't have a legendary staff or dark intent ro rely on in LIVE what could moonkins possibly be looking for in terms of an outside buff to help improve our dps?

Okay you guys aren't really understanding what I said originally. I'm not saying that BECAUSE of the loss of dark intent and legendary staff moonkin is going to be sub par. I'm just automatically making the assumption that moonkin will be sub par so that people can tell me what spells (such as dark intent in live) could possibly increase our DPS in MoP.

Obviously going to in an expansion blizzard resets ALL of the numbers and starts from scratch so lets just say the numbers come up and moonkin once again falls short. Since we won't have a legendary staff or dark intent ro rely on in LIVE what could moonkins possibly be looking for in terms of an outside buff to help improve our dps?
    I don't really see the argument here. What is to stop any spec from being bad?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Ya couple of heals isn't going to impact pve at all....... *note extreme sarcasm*have you done hard modes? also you do know you have a talent dream of cenarius that increases your next damaging spell by 70% when you cast a heal?

And no.... di + legendary still doesn't equal 6k dps, also shadowpriests "need" di just about as much as boomkins. Making di a raidwide buff was a good choice it doesn't make people feel excluded so people like you can't say "wtf I would've totally done 20k more dps on madness with di wtf lock". <<<<exactly what people don't want

I agree moonkins need some love in mop and they're getting TONS of it. I'd respect this post more if you were testing on beta and this wasn't based around the loss of di...

I really don't need your respect but thanks anyway and yes dark intent and legendary is close to a 6k dps increase and if you read correctly once again instead of twisting my words around you would've seen that I said "WE ARE GETTING A COUPLE OF HEALS WE CAN DO IN A FORM AND THE HEALS WON'T IMPACT PVE AT ALL". Not that off healing in PvE won't be an impact...

Also compared to Nature's Vigil dream of cenarius is pretty poo

You are looking at this as if other classes still have access to DW and DI. This is clean slate, the only thing that will determine what classes are good are numbers.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-07-08 at 05:28 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I don't really see the argument here. What is to stop any spec from being bad?
    what?...,,

Considering the major classes overhaul and talents reset, I don't see why would you think that Boomkins are still "sub par" and will need special buffs to come to the other DPS's level.

And since that Shaman nature damage totem is the only thing close to a DI, and that being a raidwide DI, beyond missing one of the 8 core buffs I don't see a reason to under-perform.

So why are you introducing the "moonkin will be bad" angle at all? It's completely irrelevant to your actual question, since those buffs would improve your DPS regardless.

As is, though, there's nothing to look to. Everything you get, everybody else gets, too. Which you could easily have found out by doing a minimum of research instead of posting a needlessly complex question.
    what?...,,
    You make little sense in your "argumentation". Very little. That you keep loading it with emotionally charged but completely irrelevant "arguments" doesn't help.