Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Well, people still like to keep to themselves, I suppose we have to respect that. But we can pretty much show them and all the others that its a good way to feel good, rez people around, start a conversation, then some questing and so on. Thats what I expect/want anyways. Have to remember that coming from other games, usually people tend to have a more "competitive" mind, could take a while to "sink" the new community feeling.
    True. Oh well, I know you wouldn't run past me or leave me half dead on the ground. Very positive person you are sir/ma'am. Just thought I might let you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    i hope the community in GW1 carries on, it was a very nice community i came on to get some HoM points and i felt guilty with how much people put up with my questions and offered me plenty of stuff (someone even got me started on the HoM i can do the rest now i know where to start)

From the beta the community seemed very good aswell, people seemed to help out naturally Plus you get XP for picking someone up so the main problem is people tend to compete over helping people :P

Deleted
    We're all so wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    True. Oh well, I know you wouldn't run past me or leave me half dead on the ground. Very positive person you are sir/ma'am. Just thought I might let you know.
    Funny thing is I'm much more realistic than positive XD (let alone very positive) hahah. But thanks, changing the world (of gw2) one rez at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    We're all so wise...
    Oh yeah, I rolled two 18's + racial int and wis bonus when I was born. Both of them are 20

Deleted
    Oh yeah, I rolled two 18's + racial int and wis bonus when I was born. Both of them are 20
    Lucky sod, I have to stat up my WIS over the course of the campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is I'm much more realistic than positive XD (let alone very positive) hahah. But thanks, changing the world (of gw2) one rez at a time.

i has 16 dex and 20 int

so that my death strikes have a higher save
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Well I definately try to help people when I can! I have been doing alot of it in the beta weekend events and such and hope everyone else will continue down that path as well! I want to enter a dungeon and see everyone(if its a PUG) be "Hey whats up?" really friendly etc. Although something I think everyone should avoid doing is fueling the fire. If some guy is be stupid in world chat don't respond to him and fuel his fire as it only gets worse. Trade chat is a breat example of what not to do lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    If someone has something to say, listen to it. If you think it's something ridiculous, don't listen to it.
    Suggestions and criticism is good, even ArenaNet thinks so. Don't discourage critical thinking.
    Though the most important thing is to know when to be able to agree to disagree to avoid going below the belt or refering to you-know-what-game.

I remember seeing very good-natured and civil discussions going on the beta forums, and I want more people than myself to want to keep it that way. Many games start out well, until you get a dedicated core of players that will lose openess and helpfulness. This is very evident in you-know-which-game.

Do you have any tips and ideas of your own on how to maintain an open and pleasant community? Will you work to keep the spirit ArenaNet encourages?
    I'm all for this idea. The problem comes around when the general public start to play a game. People who are following the game now and playing in betas understand that the game is going to have it's issues. When the game launches it will be people that are expecting instant gratification and will freak out if they don't get it and start flame wars to make themselves feel better.

I'm all for your idea though! I would prefer a happy community.

Deleted
    Helping other players in GW2 is a part of what it's all about though (as far as I can tell you get rewarded for it via the events and so on) and I think this is awesome because it promotes the right kind of atmosphere and behaviour between players both in and out of the game. It should make things easier to keep a good community spirit going.

The biggest surprise I had was during the stress test. There was some bag lag at the start, and rather than the normal thing where players started to get angry and moan about the whole thing, people were chatting saying things like 'well it's good to see their testing the servers properly' and 'I'd be surprised if they did a stress test and there was no lag, it's what it's all about'. It was such a refreshing change in community feel.

Like you say though, when the general public come in this may change, but its up to us to not let that happen. If we can keep this going, and promote the same behaviour to new players by our actions, it should have a knock-on effect that will keep the good vibes going (at least, I hope so!)

Deleted
    Like many of you say.. when the general public comes there will be a couple of bad eggs out there lol. But I also do think as time goes, those how didn't rage quit will adapt to the (hopefully) happy and friendly community (which I have seen a lot of the last two betas). In some others games, the majority are being assholes because you kind of have to to not look weak or whatever the reason is. If we all just keep on going with this friendly attitude to everyone, you know help someone if you can or as simple as saying "ty for rez", the spirit will pass on the the next one. It is after all up to us all to promote an positive and friendly attitude and atmosphere

love this thread btw :3

Deleted
    Don't know really, I have always played an MMO with the same mentality in that I always treat others as I would like to be treated myself. Courtesy can go a long way when dealing with someone you don't know or meet ingame or elsewhere for the first time. Besides that I'm always fair when crafting/selling something that I got either as an order or just for a helpout, in not stealing mats or shortchange someone.

I have to this day not come across a single reason to be or even become a bunghole within a MMO at all, even less to screw up the game experience for someone else.

So, why go down that road to start out with?