Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

DH stat priority

hello, currently level 58 and im trying to wrap my head around start priority for dex vs attack speed vs crit vs crit damage.

i've seen some data on it but it seems that most people say dex is the most important and that 14 dex is roughly equal to 1% attack speed.

i could understand stacking attack speed to the point that you dont burn out your hatred too fast and ive also seen some data on crit and crit damage having diminishing returns after a certain point.

can anyone help guide me in the right direction? so i dont end up wasting gold on items when my math was bad lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dex > Crit Damage > Crit Chance > Attack Speed--- to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Dex > Crit Damage > Crit Chance > Attack Speed--- to my knowledge.
    Not arguing with you, but how does Crit Damage > Crit Chance work? You can have all the crit damage in the world, if you can't get a crit off it does no good. Again, this could be entirely accurate, I'm not arguing, but I don't see how that could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinicide View Post
    Not arguing with you, but how does Crit Damage > Crit Chance work? You can have all the crit damage in the world, if you can't get a crit off it does no good. Again, this could be entirely accurate, I'm not arguing, but I don't see how that could be.
    With sharpshooter you will crit eventually; it stacks to 100%. Also with the insanely high amounts of crit damage you can reach you dont need to crit often, you just need to survive long enough to get a crit.

Crit Chance v Crit Damage has to be in balance

Say you have the choice of adding +5% crit chance or +500 damage per crit. You currently crit for 1000 damage. Keeping number very simple.

With 5% existing crit adding 5% crit chance means 5 extra crits adding 5000 damage per 100 blows, adding +500 damage per crit adds 2500 damage per 100 blows.

With 20% existing crit adding 5% crit chance means 5 extra crits adding 5000 damage per 100 blows, adding +500 damage per crit adds 10000 damage per 100 blows.

A very simple example but there is a balance required between the 2. Hard to say what it actually is though because the maths will have to be done for your dps and percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    Crit Chance v Crit Damage has to be in balance

Say you have the choice of adding +5% crit chance or +500 damage per crit. You currently crit for 1000 damage. Keeping number very simple.

With 5% existing crit adding 5% crit chance means 5 extra crits adding 5000 damage per 100 blows, adding +500 damage per crit adds 2500 damage per 100 blows.

With 20% existing crit adding 5% crit chance means 5 extra crits adding 5000 damage per 100 blows, adding +500 damage per crit adds 10000 damage per 100 blows.

A very simple example but there is a balance required between the 2. Hard to say what it actually is though because the maths will have to be done for your dps and percentages.
    As has been posted, sharpshooter tips the balance quite a bit in favor of critical hit damage. In between pulls (depending on how long it takes) can cause a 100% crit chance until 1 second after your first crit. With proper offensive abilities, say placing scattered spike traps and then a barrage of slow moving elemental arrows (nether tentacles/ball lightning) one could send a massive amount of very hard hitting attacks at a target.

It's more dependent on the item slot than anything.

Deleted
    For me its

All resist - dex - crit (till 40)- crit damage - life on hit - vit - hatred regen - magic find.

Dont care about attack speed, movement speed. When just going full damage and ignoring defenses, the inferno mobs, especially after act 1 can just easily 1 shot you and a getting a few hits every now and then is impossible to avoid.

Deleted
    dex > crit chance > crit damage > as. if you prioritize crit chance first and reach 40-50%, whilst maintaining high crit dmg, you can just drop sharpshooter and use nightstalker. you can then spam smokescreen for over a minute depending on other gear (+discipline/discipline regen)