10+ Year Old Account

Other races and the Worgen curse

I wanted to know and this is a debate that i seem to not be able to find much on is, can the other races of azeroth be turned? I know the night elves were the original worgen but is it likely that lorewise there could be a dwarf, orc or even blood elf worgen running around?
    The Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.

I would think it is entirely possible. Albeit the means of keeping their sanity were developed by the Gilnean worgen only afaik. So any person that would become a worgen and not be administered their cure would most likely permanently stay in worgen form and succumb to primal instincts. That said, I don't have any support from a lore side to back this theory up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering everything happened behind the massive wall that separated Gilneas from the rest of the world, I'd say it'd be damned hard. The curse was applied only to them, the 'cure' was applied only to them. Granted, outside of lore/story, sure, I could understand other races turning into Worgen. Like Khorianas said though, since the Gilneans 'perfected' their abilities, anyone who didn't go there to get hit up with this cure would most certainly just turn feral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Well as far as my grasp goes ,you get bitten by a worgen, you start to turn, just like a classic werewolf. You get more and more feral over time and succumb to your instincts until you are just a bipedal wolf. The gilneans destilled a cure that would possible give you the ability to regain your cosciousness, but the process can be fatal or unsucessful (at least it was like that when i played Cata beta.)

So to get a sentient, gilnean like Worgen-orc or the like, We would have to assume the Gilneans would give away their cure for the curse. For alliance races that is not entirely unfeasible. Also for this to happen we would need a faral worgen astray somewhere, biting someone. I honestly don't know if any of them escaped gilneas. Or what their current state or habitats are. So we would need someone getting wounded by a stray worgen and survive (while we don't even know if those still exist) then that person would have to be given the gilnean cure (very difficult for horde races, if not impossible imho) and survive the process (quite well possible but still)
    Summarizing i would say possible yes, but very unlikely

Deleted
    At first it was a night-elf-only affliction, then it became a human affliction through Arugal's experiments.

I for one would say no other races can become worgen. Unless they like... tried really hard. And used alchemy or something to modify the curse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest reading Wolfheart, as it has a some-what detailed explanation on how the Gilnean's dealt with their rage and feral side that the curse caused. And point of fact this was developed by the Night Elves. Once I find my copy around here somewhere I'll post again but for now I'll just say that being a Worgen and not of the Alliance (or alliance race) would be absolutely impossible. Simply because the Night Elves are extremely untrusting of other races and the Gilnean's wouldn't do anything to jeopardize their position in the Alliance. And the fact that what the Forsaken did to them leaves no love for any of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arugal experimented with making worgens outside the walls of Gilneas. Know as for the question Im sure they could, as already stated it was designed to work on humans im sure it could be designed to work on other races.

15+ Year Old Account
    from the sounds of it most races *could* become worgen, if it does transfer through bite like a poster above said. The issue would be getting a hold of the "cure" that allows transformation back and forth and to retain their "humanity"

if memory serves, in the worgan quests etc, the night elves help in a "druidic" manor to provide a potion to make everything ok.

I'd imagine that they would do this for most other alliance races.

If it became enough of a Horde pandemic I imagine Tauren Druids through the CC would find out how to apply the "cure"

You'd have to take into account certain races could feasibly be immune to the curse? I imagine undead could have issues, unless they could turn into an undead worgen, which would be COOL! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    You'd have to take into account certain races could feasibly be immune to the curse? I imagine undead could have issues, unless they could turn into an undead worgen, which would be COOL! hehe
    If I recall correctly it is mentioned in Silverpine that those affected by the worgen curse can not properly be risen into undeath by the Val'kyr, so I would assume the other way round (worgifying an undead) is also impossible (don't ask me about worgen Deathknights though.)

10+ Year Old Account
    if an undead got bit by the worgen would they turn back human?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if an undead got bit by the worgen would they turn back human?
    They stop being undead and go back to being dead. ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    The worgen curse is a curse that transforms people into the ferocious beasts known as Worgen. The curse can be passed on in two ways: Humans and night elves bitten by the unruly beasts contract the virulent curse and will turn into worgen.[1][2] Drinking the blood of a worgen will also turn you into one.[3] As of now, humans and night elves are the only known sentient beings able to contract the curse.
    -direct quote from wowpedia

http://www.wowpedia.org/Worgen_curse

With the all worgen running loose in Silverpine and Grizzly Hills, I'm sure it's a pretty safe bet that some non-humans/night elves have been bitten by now and there is apparently no record of them transforming, even if they did just stay feral afterwards. As the others pointed out, I think it would take a mad scientist/wizard breaking out the chemistry set to get other races to become infected.
    Last edited by Istella; 2012-07-05 at 01:01 PM.
    The Light does not abandon its champions...

~My RP Characters~