Deleted

Mists of Pandaria - Retribution Gossip Thread

Hello out there,

I've had some issues all around life which has made me unable to play the beta for a few weeks maybe a month.
    But now i'm finally up and running and i'm now in the midst of getting to know all there is to know betawise.

My character name i Haargielol(The Great Danes - Auchindoun) and i've previously been screwing around competing for world top ranks and made quite a few during progress content. So i consider myself in the good margin of players.
    My mission is to be almost a 100% sure about how i am going to play the retri paladin before we reach the release of Mists of Pandaria.
    I will be streaming all the time while i'm testing the content available at twitch.tv/haargielol

Well, back to the point.
    My fellow retribution paladin decided to reroll and left me with no one to discuss and test out mechanics with. So i decided to give you guys a shot.
    I've come about a few things i'd like to ask you and then from there on i figured we could just keep it an open thread for discussion.

First - The end tier talent.
    What's your thoughts? So far i've only tested Holy Prism and Execution Sentence. And i must say for the content available(Heroics and raid trash as EU don't ever reach the bosses due to server crashes. THX BLIZZ!) I think Holy Prism has the most utility and frankly can be used alot more. Where i believe Execution Sentence might make it ahead on Patchwerk looking or just single-target fights. What's your take?

Second - The new seal mechanic
    They made major changes to our seals. Removed some, and made it a Aura/Stance kind of mechanic. Although it still functions the same way as always, making it run on the global cooldown. This is still a point that irritates me. From what i can think of we're the only class that has to use 2 global cooldowns for practically nothing, just because we come from a Single-Target seal, going to an AoE seal and back to Single-target again.
    Why is it not functioning as a "Warrior" stance? Get it off the global cooldown and let it act accordingly.

Third - Rotation
    Am i the only one that thinks our rotation is only 90%. I can most of the time find something to press and also something relevant to press. But i end up using my Selfless Healer FoL's just because i have no better alternative, some times i might even be at full health. It's just simply a case of everything is on cooldown.
    Am i missing some key ability? Again, i haven't played that long on the beta so i'm not completely into the new rotation.

That was my 2 cents. My intent and hope with this post is to get a healthy discussion about what's comming.
    Flamewars can be taken in the rogue forum, they're a bunch of backstabbing bitches anyway.
    Last edited by mmocf558b581b4; 2012-07-04 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted

• Second - There was some discussion at one point on this, and the reason that seals are not taken off the gcd is pretty much because Blizzard doesn't want us to switch between SoR and SoT on single target fights (Keeping censure on boss and then switch to SoR untill you have to switch to SoT again to keep censure up).

• Last one - No you're not, retribution doesn't have enough abilities to keep us gcd capped during our rotation, so we as usual have a lot of downtime with nothing to press. Rotation should smooth out the more haste we gain, but seems like mastery is still king in mop and haste is coming second.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 02:02 PM ----------

...Also lol

Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    Flamewars can be taken in the rogue forum, they're a bunch of backstabbing bitches anyway.

Deleted
    Yeah, i saw that post but i kinda went emo and thought i'd drop it in mine also

I can see your point on the seal thing, and i was thinking that was what ultimately led to their decision on keeping it on the gcd. But then couldn't they punish that in some way. I haven't really thought more of ways to punish, but i'll think about it and come up with some cool way they could tweak it!

As long as I'm still playing you'll never be top. Kudos

Beta ret is poor and 5.0 looks bleak unless mastery is brought up higher then a 1%:1% ratio. SoB needs haste scaling increased 40%. TV needs to be 300% wpn damage.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-07-04 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior stances are actually on the GCD on beta. They don't want warriors changing stances much anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Warrior stances are actually on the GCD on beta. They don't want warriors changing stances much anymore either.
    Which is fine because things like Shattering blow don't have stance requirements anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Nothing of any importance is stance based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    As long as I'm still playing you'll never be top. Kudos

Beta ret is poor and 5.0 looks bleak unless mastery is brought up higher then a 1%:1% ratio. SoB needs haste scaling increased 40%. TV needs to be 300% wpn damage.
    Confidence is one way to look at it

Again, my lack of numbers again comes into play. I seem to be rather competitive and with decent numbers compared to lots of classes.
    But again, i might have more definitive statements in a couple of days.