Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    well done!

and in celebration let's reward the politicians who voted against these stupid laws.. and mock the idiots who created them by not pirating crap!!!
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Deleted
    Nice to see a bit of good news coming from all the stories about governments' relationships with businesses as of late.

Also: Merged the two existing threads. Please, check for already existing threads on the subjects you wish to discuss before creating a new one.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-07-04 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    See? I saw many people on the boards attacking the EU (especially UK people) but what would you be without it? I bet UK would have accepted this without EU rejecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    See? I saw many people on the boards attacking the EU (especially UK people) but what would you be without it? I bet UK would have accepted this without EU rejecting it.
    The UK was one of the 22 member states that ratified the treaty back in March/April.

Deleted
    [IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/240/470/646.jpg[IMG]

People give a lot of flak on the EU parliament, I hope this changes their mind. It also shows who's the truly free continent!

No embedded meme images, please.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-07-04 at 07:12 PM. Reason: edited warning

Deleted
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the second time the parliament votes on ACTA? How many times does commissioner Karel De Gucht have to propose it and have it rejected before he understands that EU citizens want nothing to do with it?

The comission should just let ACTA die.

fantastic!

yes piracy still needs to be delt with, but ACTA and these other rubbish things such as PETA isn't the way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    What the European Parliament is irrelevant to me, i don't recognize the institution.
    YOu remind me of Mister Pink.

Not because you don't recognize it that it does not exist.

OT: Finally! Glad it did not pass!!

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Lol that guy just made it into my top3 dickheads of the world list.
    Someone's been taking a "few" gifts from lobbyists.

As Europeans I believe that we all share profound respect for individual freedom.

But I also know that freedom needs a framework. In a diverse society no one is free if freedoms are exercised absolutely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeyu View Post
    Not because you don't recognize it that it does not exist.
    I don't recognize them in the same way Israel does not recognize Palestine as a country.

Among the things the European parliament can do, they can say yes or no to various laws (they cannot propose them, that is done by the European commission, which is controlled by the European parliament). As a citizen of Norway (EEA member), these laws often affect me. But because my country is only an EEA member, and not a full member of the EU. The citizens of my country is not represented in the parliament, nor do we have any democratic power over this parliament.

Basically, they can impose laws on me, but i have no democratic power over them.

That is why i do not recognize the European Parliament.

An example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Retention_Directive

How i feel about the government who signed us up for EEA membership is another story.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

That is not exactly true, the only laws they can "pass on you" are relating to the commerce within the extended european commerce zone and about export/import. Which makes total sense that they CAN and SHOULD pass without you having to vote on them, as they are not only related to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    I don't recognize them in the same way Israel does not recognize Palestine as a country.

Among the things the European parliament can do, they can say yes or no to various laws (they cannot propose them, that is done by the European commission, which is controlled by the European parliament). As a citizen of Norway (EEA member), these laws often affect me. But because my country is only an EEA member, and not a full member of the EU. The citizens of my country is not represented in the parliament, nor do we have any democratic power over this parliament.

Basically, they can impose laws on me, but i have no democratic power over them.

That is why i do not recognize the European Parliament.

An example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Retention_Directive

How i feel about the government who signed us up for EEA membership is another story.
    ''Soon'' Norway will end up joining the EU anyway.