Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Another Dragonball Z movie coming

It got reported on facebook, a small independent company called K & K Productions is in the process of making a live action DBZ movie.

Should check the cast out:
    http://www.kandkproductions.co.uk/dbz/cast.html

It better not be like Dragonball evolution!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    100% sure it will be as crappy as DB evolution. No live action can make an anime look good.

This won't go well. It will probably fail, but not as much as the last movie.

That Kenshin trailer was amazing.

OT: I still haven't seen Evolution. I heard about it, and couldn't let that happen to my childhood.

Hopefully this one will be better.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

Still gonna be better than GT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    Well, it can't be worse than Dragonball Evolution.

Depends. This looks pretty good.
    Big difference between super natural and something like a katana master tbh, the first being really hard to succeed with unless you have avengers/avatar level of animation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Big difference between super natural and something like a katana master tbh, the first being really hard to succeed with unless you have avengers/avatar level of animation.
    1 point for you

15+ Year Old Account
    The question is did they secure the rights from 20th Century Fox? If not, that movie will never see the light of day.

Eh, this just appears to be a fan-made film. It'll probably surpass Evolution, even if it is terrible, because Evolution is one of the worst films ever made with a budget.

He did respond to the ''No live action can make an anime look good.'' part though.

In the Death Note movie from 2006 (iirc) Ryuk looked pretty lame, and that was just 1 small yet important supernatural part, so I have to agree with Diesta on the supernatural part (even though it probably isn't the same studio).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to point this out just so it is clear to everyone. All these brothers are making is basically an extended trailer for what they would like the opportunity to continue with. It's a similar fashion to what Kevin Tancharoen did for Mortal Kombat. You produce something small and fairly low budget, and if it garners enough attention it will be picked up.

I personally didn't mind the first movie it actually kept me entertained
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    Well, it can't be worse than Dragonball Evolution.

Depends. This looks pretty good.
    I have pretty high hopes for Rurouni Kenshin..... though I'm not too stoked about the actor they have playing him. I expect disappointment.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Why do they think DBZ of all things can translate into a live action film..?

I just don't think a DBZ live action movie could ever work. Well, maybe if you had a special effects budget bigger than that of the last 5 Marvel Cinematic Universe films combined. Even then though, there's a whole host of other problems you'd need to work out. Honestly I'd rather just see another animated movie about Bardock.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% sure it will be as crappy as DB evolution. No live action can make an anime look good.
    To be fair, I thought the Death Note live action movies were pretty good as well...

Please no... DB evolution the only movie I've ever walked out on. There is just no words for that movie

For me it probably cost them a lot and I just don't see the demand being there to make their money back. But hell if Transformers can make a billion dollars so can DBZ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    For me it probably cost them a lot and I just don't see the demand being there to make their money back. But hell if Transformers can make a billion dollars so can DBZ.
    A can of crap won't make a billion dollars. Transformers has good animation, the other live action animes so far have not.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can’t make a good Dragonball Z movie in live action. Even if it had an amazing script and brilliant acting, it is still too messy and uncomfortable to enjoy.