Only able to face Zhaitan once?

I was doing some thinking and some reading and it seems as if the Zhaitan fight will take place in your personal story. If so doesnt that mean you will only get to beat him once and then have to play with your friends personal story to fight him again?

I dont think hes in the last dungeon because i read you need to join one of the orders in your personal story else you wont be able to continue your personal story which means you cant face Zhaitan. At least thats how i interpreted it.

Again i havent read anywhere that Zhaitan is the boss in the last dungeon but i have read that he is involved in the last part of your personal story along with one of the three orders you join.

So if you can only beat him once will that hurt the product?

"Involved in story" =! "can only be fought in personal story".

I would expect something like lich king in relation to death knight. He will be there for levelling process and personal story quests, and then he'll probably be some kind of a dungeon, or more likely dynamic event. So while your interactions with him during levelling will likely be a one time event (+ joining others in their story of course) the actual final fight will be repeatable.

Hmmmm, that would be kinda sad, a one time boss only...However, seeing how they did their previous last bosses, you could always kill them whenever you felt like it.

I suspect all the dragon battles will be heavily story dependent and tied to some series of objectives. Really unlikely based upon the design and mechanics of GW2 we will fight a mountain sized dragon daily/weekly/monthly, instanced or open world in the same manner we fought Sindragosa or Onyxia. For example.

The Elder Ds are story pieces. Not bosses to farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    "Involved in story" =! "can only be fought in personal story".

I would expect something like lich king in relation to death knight. He will be there for levelling process and personal story quests, and then he'll probably be some kind of a dungeon, or more likely dynamic event. So while your interactions with him during levelling will likely be a one time event (+ joining others in their story of course) the actual final fight will be repeatable.
    Nailed it! And they confirmed that you'd fight him in an dungeon on Orr, they didn't say whether it's be a story mode or exploitable mode or a combination of the two though...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Nailed it! And they confirmed that you'd fight him in an dungeon on Orr, they didn't say whether it's be a story mode or exploitable mode or a combination of the two though...
    Yea but in order to fight him you have to progress through your personal story. So maybe the dungeon wont be available unless you do your personal story. I know ascalon catacombs only required level 35 but maybe other higher level ones are personal story linked.

Also i think we might be leaving from lions arch not sure just judging by the release date video. Tho no doubt we fight him in Orr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Yep, and the final bosses in Guild Wars 1 were connected with major story arcs as well, but I imagine in GW2, it'll be much more epic and challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    Yep, and the final bosses in Guild Wars 1 were connected with major story arcs as well, but I imagine in GW2, it'll be much more epic and challenging.
    ...That you could fight more than once. Using Abbadon as an example - he's related to the main story of Nightfall, is defeated, and his power absorbed.... Yet we could repeat the mission of the Master reward, or Hard Mode rewards.

They may be the end of the story arc, but ArenaNet has never broken from traditional and had one-time-only bosses as part of major game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    it doesn't matter: you can repeat storymode & explorable mode as much as you like. This means: kill the elder dragon as often as you want. We don't know if you need to have the last personal story step to unlock the dungeon, but I personally don't think so.

The battle against the dragon isn't only your personal story, it's the story of everyone, and you will encounter it with the heroes of Destiny's Edge (= story mode dungeon).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    it doesn't matter: you can repeat storymode & explorable mode as much as you like. This means: kill the elder dragon as often as you want. We don't know if you need to have the last personal story step to unlock the dungeon, but I personally don't think so.

The battle against the dragon isn't only your personal story, it's the story of everyone, and you will encounter it with the heroes of Destiny's Edge (= story mode dungeon).
    Personally I can see it being a sort of 4 part instance IE story mode is you and destinie edge doing awesome stuff against Zhaitan and blah blah blah fight dragon and minions. And then the exploreable mode being MORE to deal with Zhaitan except you choose between the 3 factions on what to do and end with knocking Zhaitan out somehow (you know since exploreable modes story is designed to be repeatable)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I suspect all the dragon battles will be heavily story dependent and tied to some series of objectives. Really unlikely based upon the design and mechanics of GW2 we will fight a mountain sized dragon daily/weekly/monthly, instanced or open world in the same manner we fought Sindragosa or Onyxia. For example.

yeah but i read in a thread here that he will be in the lvl 80 dungeon if so the story made would be the first time and the farming time would be explorable mode lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    yeah but i read in a thread here that he will be in the lvl 80 dungeon if so the story made would be the first time and the farming time would be explorable mode lol
    Just because the dragon is part of the story mode doesn't mean he wont still be involved in the explorable modes, HELL my bet is you put them to sleep in the story mode, and then the explorable mode is all the damage they're causing while still being asleep and you side with one of the factions (IE whispers, priory, vigil)