10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb What if RP Servers got more service?

I have been thinking for a while, this is a discussion with my own mind but would like to share with you and hear what you think?

We all know the roleplaying on multiple servers are going up and down, some even migrate to others to avoid certain crowds. But what if Blizzard actually went through with the whole merge of servers, and merged some of the RP servers. (Of course only Merge them with others of same type RP+RP and RPpvp+RPpvp). But of course that doesn't rid of some of the unwanted stones in the road, so I've been thinking about a few things.

What if..

What if they added more service for RP'ers, service like themed gamemasters? Finally steps for the roleplaying community (like update the surroundings and a like?). Maybe add a few ideas they have already done with D3? (dyes?). Faster response on community tickets? (Bad behavior, harassment or bad names?). Been thinking, there's so much they can do for advancing our little world too. Of course we like content, but would like something more directed towards the roleplay community.

Explanation of "Themed Gamemaster":

A person whom has a roleplaying background, is there to handle a certain range of RP server tickets aswell as services. Within the services I was seeing of them being able to create small events? Like bandit assults on a few villages, giving people a more dynamic world except seeing the sharp edge of a more better geared opponant. Or monster events with a story line? An RP'er writes a quite good and solid story line with another player being the villain. The GM can then give assistance to the players making the story lines, such as special monster fights or the likes. This of course has a deeper work to be handle to function.

The GM's task could be:
    - Roleplay Servers ticket handling.
    - Assistance with creating active storylines with storytellers.
    . Assistance holding a RPpvp events (control of zone buff/debuff to hold the agreed HP limit and such)
    - Make the world dynamic with bandits assulting, or new wanted people.

Of course, it's just my bucket of thoughts, but would love it so much to just see something..!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    while this IS a good idea, they'd have to hire more game masters, something they're already doing, and will most likely get the thumbs down from blizzard anyways because "their GM staff is way too busy"

While it is a nice idea I thing it would be rather difficult. I don't know exactly, but iirc Blizzard has very strict policies on GMs spawning mobs and the likes. They also would have to find exceptional personal for that job since they would have to be customer support qualified, and know the warcraft Lore in and out. Apart from those technical issues, Also I would think making the world a lively place is the job of the community in the end. The GMs would have to get very invested in this community and somehow would turn to players with GM powers. which is not really a good thing imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I have been thinking for a while, this is a discussion with my own mind but would like to share with you and hear what you think?

We all know the roleplaying on multiple servers are going up and down, some even migrate to others to avoid certain crowds. But what if Blizzard actually went through with the whole merge of servers, and merged some of the RP servers. (Of course only Merge them with others of same type RP+RP and RPpvp+RPpvp). But of course that doesn't rid of some of the unwanted stones in the road, so I've been thinking about a few things.

What if..

What if they added more service for RP'ers, service like themed gamemasters? Finally steps for the roleplaying community (like update the surroundings and a like?). Maybe add a few ideas they have already done with D3? (dyes?). Faster response on community tickets? (Bad behavior, harassment or bad names?). Been thinking, there's so much they can do for advancing our little world too. Of course we like content, but would like something more directed towards the roleplay community.

Explanation of "Themed Gamemaster":

A person whom has a roleplaying background, is there to handle a certain range of RP server tickets aswell as services. Within the services I was seeing of them being able to create small events? Like bandit assults on a few villages, giving people a more dynamic world except seeing the sharp edge of a more better geared opponant. Or monster events with a story line? An RP'er writes a quite good and solid story line with another player being the villain. The GM can then give assistance to the players making the story lines, such as special monster fights or the likes. This of course has a deeper work to be handle to function.

The GM's task could be:
    - Roleplay Servers ticket handling.
    - Assistance with creating active storylines with storytellers.
    . Assistance holding a RPpvp events (control of zone buff/debuff to hold the agreed HP limit and such)
    - Make the world dynamic with bandits assulting, or new wanted people.

Of course, it's just my bucket of thoughts, but would love it so much to just see something..!
    Special treatment for RP servers from GM's? Yeah how CAN that NOT be wrong? >_>
    Seriously?

The community is what should drive RP. If it wants RP, it should make it. Not sit and whine about how it should be fed to them.

The dynamic world part is impossible with WoW. It's not designed for it, it would be out of place and probably really tedious. GW2 was made with dynamic world in mind, it works there. But not for WoW.

So you want these GMs to create entirely new fights for every single person who tickets them with their stupid ideas?
    If these features were only available on RP servers the rest of the players on other servers would feel like they're being ripped off.

Spawning NPCs is one thing, programming them to assault a village is a bit more technically advanced, not really something a GM could just whip up in 5 minutes, same with creating special bosses, those things take a while to build from scratch, sure he could spawn a monster that's already been created, but that probably wouldn't fit into your idea of "special monster fights".

Not to mention the fact Blizz would have to hire 100s of new GMs who are also developers to do all this.

So you might think it's a good idea, but it's really not. Sorry.